Car Chases

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
The thread on the Charger got me thinking, what is the best car chase?

I am going to say Bullitt for the scene when the Mustang appears in the Charger's rearview mirror and the tables turn.

Or is it The Blues Brothers for the number of police cars destroyed?

Discuss.

The Burglars chase scene rules :thumbsup:

Ronin was quite cool :driving:

IVIaster said:
Bullit carchase has no music.
:bangin: Concerto for V8s in full-throttle major isn't music enough for you??

IVIaster said:

Gone in sixty seconds :mrgreen:

Original or the remake with Nicholas Cage?

Blind_Io said:
IVIaster said:

Gone in sixty seconds :mrgreen:

Original or the remake with Nicholas Cage?
Original for me. 45 minutes long and 93 cars destroyed, it's legendary. :woot:

The Nick Cage one wasn't bad either.

You know the scene in that chase when he slides Elanore sideways into a pole? That was not scripted and it sent him to the hospital, but he decided to keep it in the movie.
Also when he slamms into the parked Cadillacs at the dealer, the three end cars belong to the driver/director/writter/producer and were supposed to "pancake" into each other when hit. To make sure they did the pavement was wet down... the problem is that about 6 cars pancaked... the other 3 being brand new Cadillacs which had to be bought by the producer.

My favourite has to be the chase in the French Film Taxi (not the awful American remake). Also, not the chases in the second or third films. They're good, but have 'too much'.
Ronin also has that brilliant car chase, but for me Taxi's chase is better...
Having watched Taxi before Gone in 60 Seconds (the remake), I wasn't really blown away by the chase in Gone in 60 Seconds...

That movie with Charlie Sheen and the cops are chasin' him in a stolen BMW and while he is driving, he screws Kristy Swanson

Italian Job (Original), Ronin, Bullitt and Gone in 60 Seconds (Original) :thumbsup:

Firecat said:
That movie with Charlie Sheen and the cops are chasin' him in a stolen BMW and while he is driving, he screws Kristy Swanson

The Chase. With Henry Rollins, too!

Italian Job (1969)...the new one was good, but not when it comes to car chases... And Gone In 60 Seconds (Never saw the original so I'm gonna say the remake.

I thought the chase in Borne Identity with the Mini was quite good. As much as I hate to admit it, the opening chase of The Transporter was fun too.

Blues Brothers, the older one. 8)

The Peugeot vs. BMW chase in Ronin.

Bullitt's chase was pathetic, there was absolutely no sense of speed, or that the drivers could drive.

There has never really been a great car-chase in any film. They've all been well below the possible coolness.

IMO, Matrix Reloaded:

It has everything! agents skipping on moving crappy GM cars, concept luxury saloon, muscle car (dodge challenger), ducatis driven by a chick in leather going against traffic!, bad guys in badass white escalade, kitana-kungfu fighting on a moving trailer... need i say more!?