Dodge Police Cruiser

I've never seen one of those around here. All the cop cars we have are newer Crown Vics or Impalas. ;)

We have quite a few of these (for our Highway Patrol)

Camaro1.jpg

nobody but the itallians have it right 8)

Lamborghini_Gallardo_Italian_Police_Car.jpg

Viper007Bond said:
I've never seen one of those around here. All the cop cars we have are newer Crown Vics or Impalas. ;)

Same here (Northeast PA), But take a drive out to the midwest states in the Plains or down south into some of the Gulf states and you'll see the old Crown Vics.... I mean shit boxes......I mean Crown Vics.

Chupacabras said:
nobody but the itallians have it right 8)
Nothing beats an Italian AUDI.

But the Germans have it better, with their 190+ mph Porsches.
America should just give up their pathetic police cars in favor of Japanese crotch rockets. 99% of their time is used up writing tickets anyway.

They're using the Impalas as cop cars now in New York City. I don't know why they replaced the Crown-Victorias. On paper the Crown-Victoria just trumps the Impala and it seems more bulkier and more durable than the Impala.

zeoniks said:
They're using the Impalas as cop cars now in New York City. I don't know why they replaced the Crown-Victorias. On paper the Crown-Victoria just trumps the Impala and it seems more bulkier and more durable than the Impala.
Impalas are probably easier to maneuver than a Crown Vic in a tight city like NYC.

<- still thinks GM never should have gave up the Caprice. NYPD Blue forever!

BlaRo said:
zeoniks said:
Impalas are probably easier to maneuver than a Crown Vic in a tight city like NYC.

<- still thinks GM never should have gave up the Caprice. NYPD Blue forever!

Yeah, I guess so. Those Crown-Vics weren't really small things and they get like 10 MPH at most in the city... But I liked them because they were so big, chunky and they looked like roadblocks on wheels.

One of the reasons they gave them up is because of problems with igniting fuel tanks in some rear end collisions. Because that's a new thing for Fords....

SOOOO, how long til they make a crappy itallian job-esq remake of bullit :?

Blind_Io said:
One of the reasons they gave them up is because of problems with igniting fuel tanks in some rear end collisions. Because that's a new thing for Fords....

Hahaha, you really don't do your research, do you? Perhaps there was a reason that Ford was aquitted every single time someone tried to sue them over the supposed fire problem? It was actually proven that the CVPI's are one of the safest sedans, period. Especially in high energy rear-impact collisions.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto_News/Auto_News/Numbers_Dont_Damn_Crown_Vic.S175.A6797.html

Man, some people will believe every rumor that comes their way. Hey, I hear there's this prince in Nigeria that needs some help with his money, maybe you should look him up!

I'm saying is that the publicity around the fires of the CVs caused alot of departments, including UHP to go with a different car. Their fleet was due for new vehicles and these alligations were just comming out about the CV, so to be safe they went with another make.

Sorry if I made it unclear.

Just because Ford was aquitted does not mean that the CVs are not prone to fires (still not saying they are) Ford can hire an army of lawyers to defend themselves when milliions in fleet sales is on the line.

^^ Your link doesn't work.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
The local Calgary Police are already testing out the Chargers to use as highway interceptor vehicles, to replace the aging Corvette-powered Impalas.

The 9C1-package Impalas are not powered by an LSx engine (or any V8 engine for that matter) - they feature a 3800 series II V6. The GM W-body platform never featured a V8 engine until the 2006 model year - none of which were acquired by any police service.

And if a police officer friend told you this was true, take it with a grain of salt - many police officers know as much about cars as does the general public.

MrChips said:

BerserkerCatSplat said:
The local Calgary Police are already testing out the Chargers to use as highway interceptor vehicles, to replace the aging Corvette-powered Impalas.

The 9C1-package Impalas are not powered by an LSx engine (or any V8 engine for that matter) - they feature a 3800 series II V6. The GM W-body platform never featured a V8 engine until the 2006 model year - none of which were acquired by any police service.

And if a police officer friend told you this was true, take it with a grain of salt - many police officers know as much about cars as does the general public.

It could be the pre 1996 Impala.

MrChips said:

BerserkerCatSplat said:

Yeah, I heard that a while back, from an Edmontonian officer. I confess to not being overly familiar with the GM police vehicles.

That's some good parking there..