Top Gear returns - May 7th 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmonkey

Former BBC TG Webmaster
This run is eight episodes, and will have a six week break after the fourth show. This is to allow for the glorious waste of time that is the World Cup.

Anything you can reveal in terms of challenges or first time TV drives??

Ahh, the wait is almost over.

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Goddamn world cup. Play with your balls elsewhere, we dont give a shit.

GraemeH said:

x2

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Stickied :)

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
This run is eight episodes, and will have a six week break after the fourth show. This is to allow for the glorious waste of time that is the World Cup.
Only eight eps WITH a six-week break :( Look at Fifth Gear with their THIRTEEN run series...

GraemeH said:
Replace the word "shit" with "fuck" and agree with you 100% ;)

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Stickied :)

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
Look at Fifth Gear with their THIRTEEN run series...

Oh and, without mud slinging. Top Gear does quality, not quantity. And our eps are an hour, Fifth Gear are 45 minutes.

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
What?!
Fucking WC :x, TG is wayyy more important that some pointless running. :x

Exactly

At least we have the date. 8)

andyhui01 said:
but aren't aussies supposed to be crazy over world cup this year because they got in?

If you're not a soccer fan (like me), it makes no difference.

andyhui01 said:
but aren't aussies supposed to be crazy over world cup this year because they got in?
Oh yeah for sure! But I didn't know that this bloody event would go OVER my Top Gear :x

Top Gear OVER ball kicking anyday ;)

@ BBC correspondant - I know, I'm just fueling a bit of competition and rightfully so - Fifth Gear so far has really upped their game and I'm loving it. Theres more good stuff to come! I just think that the BBC should make sure Top Gear get as many slots per series as they can give out and the Top Gear crew should really push to produce more episodes. 13 is much bigger than 8 regardless of commercials.

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
Top Gear does quality, not quantity. And our eps are an hour, Fifth Gear are 45 minutes.

I'd rather have 8 eps of TG than 13 eps of FG...

well its better then waiting...:D

@ BBC correspondant - I know, I'm just fueling a bit of competition and rightfully so - Fifth Gear so far has really upped their game and I'm loving it.

Yeah, their "a ten year old car is worse in a crash than a nearly new one" item was truly awesome :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
@ BBC correspondant - I know, I'm just fueling a bit of competition and rightfully so - Fifth Gear so far has really upped their game and I'm loving it.

Yeah, their "a ten year old car is worse in a crash than a nearly new one" item was truly awesome :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Oh haha yeah that was a bit of a flop in terms of making it a realistc comparison.

Hey could you tell us about Restoration Rip Off? Will we see a conclusion to it. Surely your boss could let you tell us that at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.