[08x01] May 7th, 2006

K`Tetch said:
the convertable espace has given me an idea though, i've an 87 caravan gong spare, so unless i sell it in the next week or two...

youll need someone to hold the number plate up at the back though! :lol:

likus said:
Where the heck was that Civic-review filmed? I just loved those modern buildings :)

Futuroscope, in France.

I've been, it's a stunning place. It's billed as a theme park but all the modern buildings contain either IMAXes, or films of some type, or moving-seat 3D films, and so forth.

My line of thinking was that the Micra was so much more pink because of the aforementioned filters used while filming outdoors, as likus previously mentioned, ep 7x03 .. the Focus ST review. I also think the "stiffness" in the studio segments was prolly due to the studio being new, the almost overnight explosion in populatiry, and the ever size increasing audience, but yeah .. I felt it too, especially in Richards almost forced laugh at Jermey's "goverment releasing forigen prisioners to stab people" comment. Any folks from England know what he was refering too ???

Lots of amazing stuff. It jumped around a bit too much, I think. Or I haven't got used to it just yet.

I'm just speculating here, but the silver Boxster on the background (when they're carrying the roof of the Espace) is probably James'. Anyone?

And I totally love how they use Jurassic Park soundtracks when the Espace is entering the zoo. Hahaha. ;)

ColumbusIS said:
. I felt it too, especially in Richards almost forced laugh at Jermey's "goverment releasing forigen prisioners to stab people" comment. Any folks from England know what he was refering too ???
there is a huge problem all over europe regarding refuges that come here .. with mental problems and start stabing inosent people..
(here i norway theres been a few big things in the few years.. a doctor was resently killd by a refuge with mental problems.. a guy on a tram was killd (and a few others insurd) by a refuge with a mental problem, another refuge attaced a pilot in mid air with an ax (smal 6passanger comuter plane, and so on and so on))

Its not safe to take inn refugees from Warzones... but then again.. what other refugees are there..

I don't understand the problem with TG's format...That's what we have FG for. If you want a grown up practical review of a car,look for it on FG,it'll always be the more informative and usable review. If you want some entertainment,watch TG.
I don't expect a full page of specification about a car in TG, and personally I'm very happy it isn't. If it was, it would just be another boring car show, but because it isn't, it's the best car show in the world...
TG = fun
TG ≠ grown up boring stuff.
The equation is simple.

ColumbusIS said:
My line of thinking was that the Micra was so much more pink because of the aforementioned filters used while filming outdoors, as likus previously mentioned, ep 7x03 .. the Focus ST review. I also think the "stiffness" in the studio segments was prolly due to the studio being new, the almost overnight explosion in populatiry, and the ever size increasing audience, but yeah .. I felt it too, especially in Richards almost forced laugh at Jermey's "goverment releasing forigen prisioners to stab people" comment. Any folks from England know what he was refering too ???
government released around 1000 foreign criminals who were meant to be deported. getting a lot of stick for it.

edit: and a few of them were commiting crimes again.

Kebab gud said:
ColumbusIS said:
. I felt it too, especially in Richards almost forced laugh at Jermey's "goverment releasing forigen prisioners to stab people" comment. Any folks from England know what he was refering too ???
there is a huge problem all over europe regarding refuges that come here .. with mental problems and start stabing inosent people..
(here i norway theres been a few big things in the few years.. a doctor was resently killd by a refuge with mental problems.. a guy on a tram was killd (and a few others insurd) by a refuge with a mental problem, another refuge attaced a pilot in mid air with an ax (smal 6passanger comuter plane, and so on and so on))

Its not safe to take inn refugees from Warzones... but then again.. what other refugees are there..

Not quite...what happened was that the UK Goverment released foreign prisoners, including murderers and rapists, as opposed to deporting them. Mass hysteria in the media, and the Home Secretary was sacked from his job, as he knew it was going on and didn't do anything. That's what they're referring to.

mizofatso said:
Did any 1 notice that many of the audience are HOT! And whats up with the guy in the wheel chair?
looks like he doesnt have control over the entire lower half of his body if thats what you mean

bartboy9891 said:
mizofatso said:
Did any 1 notice that many of the audience are HOT! And whats up with the guy in the wheel chair?
looks like he doesnt have control over the entire lower half of his body if thats what you mean

Nor does Alex Zanardi, but I'll wager a oner, hes a better driver than EVERYBODY on this Forum. :thumbsup:

Zegna said:
I'm just speculating here, but the silver Boxster on the background (when they're carrying the roof of the Espace) is probably James'. Anyone?

I thought that for a second, but that one in the background was a old shape 986, the one James ordered was a new shape 987 model.

Haven't seen it yet (downloaded it last night) but just wanted to say thanks in advance for providing the torrent. I'll watch it tonight though, got 8 hours of work to get through first. :(

M3_Powered said:
Oh Man! what a Great Episode. A Great start! :thumbsup:
That CCX is Just :shock: !! wow!
i was suprised by the time though, but then again, there was no rear wing to give the down force that the car obviously needed!

No ventury channels?

Yayox said:
M3_Powered said:
Oh Man! what a Great Episode. A Great start! :thumbsup:
That CCX is Just :shock: !! wow!
i was suprised by the time though, but then again, there was no rear wing to give the down force that the car obviously needed!

No ventury tunnels?

fixed that one for you.

No comments about the LIE about the biggest speeding ticket ever issued with Koenigsegg? 242mph?

I've coundn't find anything on web that could backup that statement.
I know though that on one gumball (featured in movie "Gumball 3000 - The Movie") the guy claimed that he pushed the Koenigsegg CCR to 242mph, but there was nothing to backup his story either! No speeding ticket, no in-car video!

Well I guess if you don't know about it it must have never happened and been a lie.

Uh-huh.

about that gumball3000 do u know where i can download the latest gumball? any info will be gr8! thanks alot[/quote]

Hmmm, we'll I think many of you have been very generous! I think the boys are showing a lot of signs of becoming parodies of themselves. It's something that tends to happen to old rockers & movie stars, particularly comedians when their schtick starts getting old. It's like the presenters know that certain things are expected of them and so try to push it out instead of it coming naturaly. It's a difficult thing to avoid after making so many episodes. The dog?? How lame was that?

The Micra review was a good example of it. It wasn't good television at all, just a predictable barrage of machismo. It's obviously a car for young ladies, not middle aged james bond wannabees. If I was the head of Nissan in the UK I would be contracting someone to make sure none of the TG presenters could ever have children again.

Good on 'em for being cheeky but it was a VERY obvious target, fish in a barrel so to speak. And jeezus I can't believe how much the poms pay for petrol. How can anyone even afford to own a car there anyway, let alone anything with a bit of zip?

I hate to say it but I was a lot more impressed with the first episode of fifth gear, and I used to think that show was boring...

Um.. regarding the proposed increase of rips to being 400 + MB's... I know its because of pixelation etc but why not switch over to H264 instead of xvid?

I've been tinkering with the x264 codec and have been using DVD's.. a two hour movie compressed to 700mb (including audio @ 128k) looks great (even without resizing and keeping the 720x480 resolution...)

That's my two cents...