Koenigsegg underestimated?

Kebab gud said:
Koenigsegg
(just think Walter Koenig (star trek) and his egg :p )

Not a ST fan, so I'll just have to go to bed trying to memorise it.

K-O-E-N-I-G-S-E-G-G................

Cone is egg :lol:

Alright... I'm going to jump into this thread, but back with some of the earlier stuff...

• If you've got money and your fat, any car you buy makes you a poser. The Koen. is just alittle more exotic then your run of the mill Ferrari. Maybe its good to be a poser in a car thats alittle different.

• Regards selling the Veyron at a 6th of the price. Who wants to buy a car for 6 million dollars. I'm a huge petrol head, and I would never. You don't want to see Microsoft with the only Veyrons and using them as company cars. If VAG wants to lose 5 million a car, so be it. Doesn't make it a better car, just makes it affordable (Well, more affordable)

The Koen is a gorgous car. Even though it not 100% all the time, I'd still buy one. Its different, its more of a racing car. Not to say the others aren't, but the Koen is just different. I think it would take a special person to buy one and enjoy it. And someone who is sucidial to drive it :lol:

I never heard of Koen... :dunno:
Koenigsegg, on the other hand, is a company that produces very interesting cars. :mrgreen:

reelbigtim said:
  • If you've got money and your fat, any car you buy makes you a poser. The Koen. is just alittle more exotic then your run of the mill Ferrari. Maybe its good to be a poser in a car thats alittle different.

The Koen is a gorgous car. Even though it not 100% all the time, I'd still buy one. Its different, its more of a racing car. Not to say the others aren't, but the Koen is just different. I think it would take a special person to buy one and enjoy it. And someone who is sucidial to drive it :lol:

erm no. if u got the money and youre fat, the kind of car that u want should be a Zonda F, or a MC12 or an Enzo definetely NOT a koenigsegg, i wouldnt buy a car thats made in sweden and doesnt have a rear spoiler on its back. FFS! when u have more than 600bhp, rear spoiler is must for any supercars (or atleast the car must have downforce at the rear wheels).

You can have a rear spoiler on your koenigsegg as an option.
Enzo and MC12 is too flashy i think, koenigsegg is much cooler. 8)

Aston Martin Lagonda said:
You can have a rear spoiler on your koenigsegg as an option.
Enzo and MC12 is too flashy i think, koenigsegg is much cooler. 8)

but most rich and fat ppl love flashy cars, which is why they end up buying either ferraris or lambos.

Just to make up for dragging the topic off-topic, does anyone know if Koenigsegg have taken their cars racing, or are planning to? Just that I've just seen some GT racing and the Saleen S7 doesn't seem to be doing bad, beaten only by the MC-12, with the DBR-9 not far off. I'd be great to see what CCX or CC8 (or whatever else they have in the wind tunnel) can do.

they where planing a LMP1 but that was set on hold ..
42068836005cf.jpg

It has been talks about making a GT that they will take racing..
(GT as in 599, DB9 type)
in other words.. a second car in there line up ..

Kebab gud said:
they where planing a LMP1 but that was set on hold ..
42068836005cf.jpg

It has been talks about making a GT that they will take racing..
(GT as in 599, DB9 type)
in other words.. a second car in there line up ..

Wow, that looks really good! :shock:

it's not all about power

it's not all about power

Koeniggseg can and should make a much better time at the track. the s7 twin turbo "is" a very powerfull car and is light as well. But it's too hard to control and it has a very loose chasis. This makes it slower round the track. And as far as i know it doesnt come with carbon brakes. Long story short it's not all about bhp. Believe me i am a mechanical engineer. :)

Kebab gud said:
Koenigsegg
(just think Walter Koenig (star trek) and his egg :p )
chekov you crazy russian!
that LMP1 doesnt really look all that great, other than the headlights the rest looks pretty "generic" for an LMP

Kebab gud said:
and ass for the saleens topp speed...
it will NEVER come any where near the 400kph barrier..
too long, Flat and i has a wing, 3 big killers for top speed

So being stable, and having a narrow leaging edge to push less air out of the way is a detrement to top speed?

Maybe these guys should have consulted you before they set the worls land speed record.

thrustssc.jpg

And also made this.

memorabilia-posters-thrust-2-poster.jpg

Or any number of other flat low slung long tailed land speed cars.

Now.
Length is crucial for proper high speed stability. THe longer the vehicle, the more it naturally stabalizes through the air. THink of it in terms of a dart. The longer the dart, the straighter it will fly.

Being flat up top isnt really the best alternative, becuase it can cause lift in some areas, depending on how the air is managed. It was this problem that cause so many S7's back in their first season of racing, to pop their ass ends off, becuase of a venturi created off the trailing edge of the vehicle. That was partly becuase of a rear wing that was not developed into teh shape of the car. And the rear valence design. But it played an intragle part. And there have been some streamliners out at bonaville that have had their cockpits sucked off fromt eh same low pressure effect. With proper ait managment though, teh flat top is really the only option for keeping a smooth fprward profile into the wind to reduce drag.

And the wing, in their multiple forms is directly relative to stability. Even at 240+ MPH. It of course will cause drag that will have to be attempted to be overcome. But given the low presure area over the back of the S7, its almost imparitive that it has it for stability. But of course that reduces speed, which is why its now in its twin turbo form to prodiuce the BHP to push it through.

Really there are no supercars that are built with honest to goodness real world aerodynamics in mind.
Nearly all Supercars start as a design, which is then tweaked to be made aerodynamicly efficient, and to try and help reduce lift as best as possible. If supercars where built with aero in mind first, there would be cars that would look like a cross between an F1 car and a LeMans Prototype.
Either way, being long, low, flat, and having a wing is hardly a detrement to being fast in a straight line. Infact some of it is crucial to actually being able to do it.

Perhaps you should do a little more research on the subject before you make a blanket statement about it.

Cheers

Buck-O said:
Kebab gud said:
and ass for the saleens topp speed...
it will NEVER come any where near the 400kph barrier..
too long, Flat and i has a wing, 3 big killers for top speed

So being stable, and having a narrow leaging edge to push less air out of the way is a detrement to top speed?

Maybe these guys should have consulted you before they set the worls land speed record.

Now. Length is crucial for proper high speed stability. THe longer the vehicle, the more it naturally stabalizes through the air. THink of it in terms of a dart. The longer the dart, the straighter it will fly.

Perhaps you should do a little more research on the subject before you make a blanket statement about it.

Cheers

dart doesnt need to change course of directions, car does : p ;)

those cars are made to beat land speed record in a straight line, and supercars are not suppose to do that, they are suppose to take a corner with ease. the longer the wheel base, the less nimble and the bigger the turning circle of the car needs.

Well, they did a little more then just cut a chunk out of it.

But whatever.

Being long isnt a detrament to handling. Having a long wheelebase is. Even if you look at the 911 GT-3 you will notice the overhangs are quite long, in comparison to say an F360, which have teh wheels pushed out to the corners.

If you look at the back of an S7, the rear flat back isnt very long, and i believe the trail of the roof is long enough to counteract any sort of lift, form a formed low pressure area.
The only real area of low preassure buildup, which has been proven, is around the rear of the car, thanks to its flat back, and poor rear undertail air managment. WHich, as far as i know, was corrected in the S7 Twin Turbo.

Saleen%20S7%20Twin%20Turbo%204%20-%201024x768.jpg

Saleen%20S7%20Twin%20Turbo%203%20-%201024x768.jpg

And honestly, the Saleen, isnt as big as you are making it out to be.

Saleen S7
Height - 41"
Length - 188"
Width - 78.4"
Wheelbase - 106.3"

Koenigsegg CCX
Height - 44.1"
Length - 169"
Width - 78.6"
Wheelbase - ??? (the CC8S is 104.7")

Pagani Zonda F
Height - 44.9"
Length - 174.6"
Width - 80.9"
Wheelbase - 107.5"

Ferrari Enzo
Height - 45.2"
Length - 185.1"
Width - 80.1"
Wheelbase - 104.3"

Porsche Carrera GT
Height - 45.9"
Length - 181.6"
Width - 75.6"
Wheelbase - 107.5"

McLaren F1 GTR
Height - 44.1"
Length - 193.9"
Width - 75.6"
Wheelbase - 107"

McLaren F1 GT
Height - 47.2"
Length - 194"
Width - 76.4"
Wheelbase - 107"

McLaren F1 LM
Height - 44.1"
Length - 171.9"
Width - 71.7"
Wheelbase - 107"

Honda NSX-R
Height - 45.7"
Length - 174.4"
Width - 71.3"
Wheelbase - 99.6"

Dodge Viper Competition Coupe
Height - 46.7"
Length - 184.1"
Width - 77.2"
Wheelbase - 98.8"

Ferrari 360 CS
Height - 46.6"
Length - 176.3"
Width - 75.7"
Wheelbase - 102.4"

Aston Martin DB9
Height - 50"
Length - 185.4"
Width - 73.8"
Wheelbase - 107.9"

Porsche 911 GT-3 RS
Height - 50.2"
Length - 174.6"
Width - 69.7"
Wheelbase - 92.7"

And for giggles...

Lancer Evo-IX
Height - 57.1"
Length - 178.5"
Width - 69.7"
Wheelbase - 103.3"

So, as you can see, it isnt THAT big. Perception is everything. And most cars in its class share very similar dimensions.