Most memorable Movie Cars

Animal House Deathmobile:
Universal_deathmobile2.jpg

And of course, the Deathcoaster from Army of Darkness (could not find a photo)

The car is owned by Sam Raimi, and has made a cameo in every one of his films - he now owns a small feet of "The Classic" and various variations of it. You can see it in Spiderman as the car Peter's uncle was driving when he got carjacked.

evildead1_04.jpg

Re: Most memorable Movie Cars

Blind_Io said:
Cars have long been important in cinema and television filming and scripting, at times becomming characters in and of themselves. Top Gear pointed this out about the Ford Grand Turino on Starsky & Hutch, but what have they missed? What are your most memorable movie or television cars - that does not necessarily mean the "best," just the most memorable.

TV is perfectly acceptable.

For Germans David fans (and God knows how numerous they are) You can still watche K2000 on "das vierte" every day.

Transporter SPOILER WARNING!

The BMW in Transporter was not exactly a character to me, and it got destroyed pretty early on. It was a good chase sequence but I didn't find myself flinching when it got blown up.

EDIT:

I finally found a screenshot of The Deathcoaster from Army of Darkness

army_of_darkness11.jpg

Blind_Io said:
Transporter SPOILER WARNING!

The BMW in Transporter was not exactly a character to me, and it got destroyed pretty early on. It was a good chase sequence but I didn't find myself flinching when it got blown up.
that plus the merc add up to a good car movie though

Transporter - BMW 5
Transporter 2 - Audi A6
Gone in 60 sec - Ford Shelby Mustang gt500?
Back to the future series - GMC DeLorean
Fast and the Furious 1 - Toyoto Supra
Fast and the Furious 1 - Honda S2000
Fast and the Furious 1 - Mitsu Eclipse
The ROCK - Ferrari 355
The ROCK - Hummer H1
James Bond: Tomorrow Never dies - Aston Martin Vanquish
Driven - B2K-00 Toyota (i think thats it)

Any American who is a car guy will recognize this without a mention of the title... and if you don't, and haven't seen it, find the copy on the net and watch it.

073_73.JPG

There's also a 1970 Pontiac GTO in it... the movie is Two-Lane Blacktop.

1 of my favorite lines from the movie
Station Attendant: "how fast is it?"
Driver (no names are ever given): " Depends on who's around"

A more obscure one would be the Porsche 356 or stingray vette from King of the Mountain, but few have ever heard of this movie, fewer still have seen it. All about racers running Mullholland Drive outside LA.

CaptainVerySlow said:
Taxi 1 Mercedes Benz 500E
405.jpg

Is the 500e featured for any appreciable length of time? if so I want to see this movie.

mojo_786 said:
Transporter - BMW 5
Transporter 2 - Audi A6
Gone in 60 sec - Ford Shelby Mustang gt500?
Back to the future series - GMC DeLorean
Fast and the Furious 1 - Toyoto Supra
Fast and the Furious 1 - Honda S2000
Fast and the Furious 1 - Mitsu Eclipse
The ROCK - Ferrari 355
The ROCK - Hummer H1
James Bond: Tomorrow Never dies - Aston Martin Vanquish
Driven - B2K-00 Toyota (i think thats it)

The only thing memorable from the FnF series was loads of rice, the RX-7 with an actual Rotary (the one Vin Diesel drives), and the fact that a guy who daily drivers a 10 second has a 9.9 second car that he's never driven because "it scares the shit out of" him.

thedguy said:
Is the 500e featured for any appreciable length of time? if so I want to see this movie.

Do you mean that how long 500E exists in the movie? If so, pretty much the whole time, and the bad German guys drive them.... :burnrubber: