Any Guests you'd like to see in the Lacetti?

Peter Kay
James May (seeeing as he is now the fastest Top Gear presenter 8) )
Simon Pegg (Shaun of the dead)
Mark Heap (From an English comedy called Green Wing)
Ricky Wilson (Kaiser Cheifs)

I've just realised Jeremy hasn't driven the Lacetti, although he did do a lap in the Liana

_40841941_pg_fearne_pa.jpg

Fearne Cotton
Hubba Hubba

She did the quiz thing they had on a while back which sucked.

flyingfridge said:
I'd like to see Daniel Craig in there. The Aston Martin blokes from the 007 filming said he was a pretty handy driver...

It'd be good to see a couple of the F1 drivers agian, I reckon Mark Webber would come back given the chance, maybe try to line up Damon Hill again...

So handy that they had to fit the AM DBS with an automatic gearbox after trying the manual which he didn't manage to get used to.

vexor said:
Any Guests you'd like to see in the Lacetti?

yea, real celebrities

i'm sorry but I just don't know any of the british celebs besides Patrick Stewart or Ewan McGregor

Most of them are real celebrities. Top Gear is a British program intended for a British audience and, despite TG's huge popularity explosion worldwide, that hasn't changed. If a celebrity isn't recognised by an American, it makes no difference, they're a British celeb on a British TV program. Sometimes I accidentaly tune into that crap MTV 'Punk'd' program, and don't recognise most of the celebs in it. I'm not too bothered about it though since it's an American show, intended for an American audience.

Moving back on topic, a while back I 'e-mailed' TG (yes, yes, I know how pointless that is) saying I'd like to see Ray Mears and Michael Palin on the show. A few weeks later I read an article from Clarkson taking the p*$$ out of Ray Mears, and Michael Palin is part of that 'Transport 2000' thing which suggested taking TG off air and replacing it with 'Third Gear'.

So I guess that's two people who certainly won't be appearing on the show.

I'd like them to continue inviting some of the old guests back, and I agree with the guy who said Paul Merton.

Un-Dee said:
flyingfridge said:
I'd like to see Daniel Craig in there. The Aston Martin blokes from the 007 filming said he was a pretty handy driver...

It'd be good to see a couple of the F1 drivers agian, I reckon Mark Webber would come back given the chance, maybe try to line up Damon Hill again...

So handy that they had to fit the AM DBS with an automatic gearbox after trying the manual which he didn't manage to get used to.

Yeah, James 'Bland' (as one of the tabloids here labelled him) can't even drive a manual, not what I'd call a handy driver. :lol:

Two words: Keira Knightly.

The compounding of the coolness of Top Gear with how hot Keira Knightly is may result in planetary destruction.

Natalie Portman fits this as well.

LoneWolf said:
Most of them are real celebrities. Top Gear is a British program intended for a British audience and, despite TG's huge popularity explosion worldwide, that hasn't changed. If a celebrity isn't recognised by an American, it makes no difference, they're a British celeb on a British TV program. Sometimes I accidentaly tune into that crap MTV 'Punk'd' program, and don't recognise most of the celebs in it. I'm not too bothered about it though since it's an American show, intended for an American audience.

Don't worry, I'm an American and even I am left scratching my head by the entertainment news. Who got married to who and they had a what? Who gives a crap? I would be more worried about the fact you are watching MTv at all and doubly so about Punked.

Blind_Io said:
Two words: Keira Knightly.

The compounding of the coolness of Top Gear with how hot Keira Knightly is may result in planetary destruction.

Natalie Portman fits this as well.

LoneWolf said:

Don't worry, I'm an American and even I am left scratching my head by the entertainment news. Who got married to who and they had a what? Who gives a crap? I would be more worried about the fact you are watching MTv at all and doubly so about Punked.

Oh trust me mate, I don't watch it regularly, I'm beyond the target audience ago of MTV (thankfully!).

definitely rowan atkinson because he's a petrol head and I remembered Clarkson saying on an old TG that Rowan cut him the road with his NSX.
Bill Bailey because I'm a fan .
And the best would be David williams + matt lucas at the same time but dress up like their charachters "Lou and Andy"(little britain fans will understand) driving the lacetti. :lol:
And a french guy I don't know Sebastien Loeb in order to see the difference between F1 and rally drivers.

And a french guy I don't know Sebastien Loeb in order to see the difference between F1 and rally drivers
So very agreed. Need to put Loeb or some other leading rally driver in the Liana

Rowan Atkinson...David Tennant! Maybe Christopher Ecclestone again.

Hammond and May doing a lap, heh.

How about some famous American movie stars that are well-known in Europe as well? I was thinking the other day how awesome it'd be if Morgan Freeman showed up. What about Nicholas Cage, I know he's an enthusiast and has a collection of exotics. Is he well-known in England?

That, or get Jason Stratham because he's cool.

Well they did manage to get Christian Slater and he's a reasonably big American film star. I can't see many off them doing it though if it isn't shown in America. Colin Mcrae would be gud.

eLIX said:
Tiff Needel! :D

I'd like to see a special Top Gear Vs Fifth Gear Vs those who couldn't get employed again :p

But wouldn't mind having Quentin Wilson, Tom Ford and Tiff Needel on, as for F1 drivers, Johnny Herbert, Martin Brundle and definatly David Coulthard, would love to see if Jeremy takes the piss out of him in person.

BlaRo said:
How about some famous American movie stars that are well-known in Europe as well? I was thinking the other day how awesome it'd be if Morgan Freeman showed up. What about Nicholas Cage, I know he's an enthusiast and has a collection of exotics. Is he well-known in England?

That, or get Jason Stratham because he's cool.

*lol* Yes, they're famous here, but do you really think TG will be able to pull that off?

I think you're overestimating TG's popularity. :p

triumph said:
definitely rowan atkinson because he's a petrol head and I remembered Clarkson saying on an old TG that Rowan cut him the road with his NSX.
And the best would be David williams + matt lucas at the same time but dress up like their charachters "Lou and Andy"(little britain fans will understand) driving the lacetti. :lol:
And a french guy I don't know Sebastien Loeb in order to see the difference between F1 and rally drivers.

Oh please not David 'wa***ng' Walliams, he's probably my least favourite guest of all the TG guests. He'd be the last person I want to see reappear on TG :thumbsdown:

LoneWolf said:
triumph said:

Oh please not David 'wa***ng' Walliams, he's probably my least favourite guest of all the TG guests. He'd be the last person I want to see reappear on TG :thumbsdown:
They had to drag Jimmy Carr with David Walliams back on with David Walliams beacuse he was so boring.