Top/Fifth Gear Downloads: Illegal or Legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FozzyFozborne

Here in the USA, all of our TV shows end with a screen showing "Any distribution or showing of this performance in a public setting will result in a criminal investigation and could result in a $250,000 fine or 5 years in prison..." (or something similar, depending on the show.)

I was just wondering, are you guys illegally distributing Top/Fifth Gear? Also, are these downloads safe? I don't want an FBI member showing up at my door if I download them. :oops:

Thanks for any response to this question.

Are they legal to download? Depends where you live (i.e. outside the UK, probably not).

Is this site legal? Yes, because we don't host any files. :)

Are these shows a priority for whoever? No.

Re: Top/Fifth Gear Downloads: Illegal or Legal?

FozzyFozborne said:
Here in the USA, all of our TV shows end with a screen showing "Any distribution or showing of this performance in a public setting will result in a criminal investigation and could result in a $250,000 fine or 5 years in prison..." (or something similar, depending on the show.)

I was just wondering, are you guys illegally distributing Top/Fifth Gear? Also, are these downloads safe? I don't want an FBI member showing up at my door if I download them. :oops:

Thanks for any response to this question.

Also, what type of TV have you been watching? I have NEVER seen an FBI warning on our broadcasted television. DVDs yes, but never on broadcast.

Ok, thanks... I was just making sure that I wasn't doing anything illegal.

I know video.google.com had to take all their Top Gear videos off, they used to have 1700 videos, and they slowly got rid of them all. All that's left is some short ones.

Something close to that warning (except with out the $250,000 fine and with something else) was on Drew Carey.

FozzyFozborne said:
I know video.google.com had to take all their Top Gear videos off, they used to have 1700 videos, and they slowly got rid of them all. All that's left is some short ones.
They were hosting them. We are not.

Anyway, question answered. :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.