TGUKGLM is back with ... Show Me The Mags!

OK, some clarification :

- you can be from anywhere, I ship worldwide!
- can be any issue from the last 6 months

Oh, and by the way, TGUKGLM stands for Top Gear UK Global Licensing Manager, although I've changed jobs since then and should really be BBCMHOLS - see if you can work that one out!

TGUKGLM said:
BBCMHOLS - see if you can work that one out!

BBC Magazine Head of Licensing Services or Subscriptions??

Close but no cigar - you got the first bits right but not the last word

Still waiting for the first magic picture - my goodie bag is primed and ready....

Just a reminder - this competition runs through to the end of August.

Goodie bag grows by the hour....

Dammit, should have bought the TG mag in Venice, could have had a pic of me reading it in a gondola :(

Will a UK mag in a foreign country score extra points?

Yes, but only half as many as a non-UK mag not in its country of origin (he says, trying to make the rules as complicated as possible)

TGUKGLM said:
Yes, but only half as many as a non-UK mag not in its country of origin (he says, trying to make the rules as complicated as possible)
Oh well, I'm not buyin a German version I won't be able to understand properly so the half points will have to do.

peter3hg2 said:
TGUKGLM said:
Oh well, I'm not buyin a German version I won't be able to understand properly so the half points will have to do.

You'd only be getting an English version anyway. (Just checked at the airport this weekend - they cost 12 Euros now :shock: , so I'll probably be using the issue a friend of mine brought along when he was in the UK in May)

Don't buy any German magazine if you want something comparable to the Top Gear magazine anyway, they don't exist in that form!

Except the first pic soon ;) (Doing donuts in a Z3 while reading) Have to find a nice open space first. The Z3 wasn't a problem :D

TGUKGLM said:
Dammit, so much for the Z3 thing...... A dutch version in Germany is ok? (At the german border with my dutch copy and a sign that says: Beware, inhabitants are tossers)

:p

Great to see that my simple, innocent competition is generating so much debate!

PieceOfTat - I like both those ideas and (this applies to everyone) you will have a much better chance of appearing in the magazine too if you use a non-UK edition.... but no promises...

TGUKGLM said:
Great to see that my simple, innocent competition is generating so much debate!

PieceOfTat - I like both those ideas and (this applies to everyone) you will have a much better chance of appearing in the magazine too if you use a non-UK edition.... but no promises...
Appear in the mag? What the f..... did I miss something here?

TGUKGLM said:
Close but no cigar - you got the first bits right but not the last word

Still waiting for the first magic picture - my goodie bag is primed and ready....
Shipping, it's got to be shipping

It's not shipping... keep guessing

I only meant that there's no chance of your photo being in the UK mag, whoever wins the competition ... but if your photo is of one of the non-UK mags, then there's always a chance they might like the photo and put it on their letters page ... you never know.