The Stig Uncovered?

m93r

So I was watching the latest top gear episode (thanks finalgear :thumbsup: ) and I noticed something in the background in the Toyta garage set up for the F1 indoors test: (thumbnail, click to resize)
http://img78.imageshack.**/img78/5351/01rp2.th.png

Look at the guy dressed in white talking to the Toyota mechanic pitting in his ear plugs with a white helmet next to him.

Here's another screen cap:
http://img150.imageshack.**/img150/4921/02zw1.th.png

The Stig dosent really drive the F1 cars Hammond just says he does, it would be too big a liability to let Stiggy drive it, so thats probably just some Toyota testdriver.

Just like with the Renault F1 when it was a Renault test driver (Heikki Kovalanein) it is most likely Ricardo Zonta (the Toyota F1 teams test driver) doing the driving.

When you see walking towards the camera he's clearly a heavier guy than the normal Stig.

peter3hg2 said:
When you see walking towards the camera he's clearly a heavier guy than the normal Stig.
exactly. he's too fat to be the real stig.

Yeah it's definetly Olivier Panis, I just noticed it on the re-run and had to do a bit of zooming ;)

Driving the 'reasonably priced car' must have been a bit of a step down ;)

And the fact that the Stif Outfit is completely different, as is the helmet. Nice try Top Gear... ;)

How can you say he looked fat? I don't get it, he didn't look remotely porky!

binky said:
How can you say he looked fat? I don't get it, he didn't look remotely porky!

he was a bit more solid than the lean god like stiggy on the regular show

Since the Sting is just a Character and not a Real Person.. I think is ok :bangin:

Nope it always will be the stig that is the only name that matters! WHite Red Green blue.. does not matter

Yayox said:
Since the Sting is just a Character and not a Real Person.. I think is ok :bangin:

if hes not real then who fronted the police?? :eek:

Mercury said:
nah I noticed it as well, that man is way to heavy to be the stig.

"...Some say he is able to gain 40 pounds on a whim, and lose it just as fast..."

The sec I saw the supposingly "Stig" I knew it wasn't him...he had an ARAI helmet! :-\