Veyron no more?

Another day, another rich dude/shady upstart proclaiming to have the world's fastest car EVAR!!!1

Even if it was the world's fastest, would you want to be seen in something that looks like a knockoff Saleen kit car based on a VW Beetle? I sure hope it goes 0-60 in 1.67 seconds, because any slower and that means people would actually be forced to look at it. :yucky:

As far as I am concerned, nothing claimed by a manufacturer matters at all until it is verified by an independent tester (ususally a magazine).

By those standards even the Veyron needs to put up or shup up. They've had Car and Driver (and I assume others) verify the top speed, but no one has put it through acceleration testing.

I still hold the fastest accellerating production car to be the Enzo (I know the McLaren is supposedly faster, but to federalize one to be legal in the US takes a few tenths off the times).

^ should keep in mind that the US is not the whole world.

As far as this car is concerned, I am willing to believe the 0-60 time, but the top speed is just too much.

drag radiald can cut 0-60 times in under 2 seconds and are street legal. im sure this car will have like 355 or bigger drag radials on the back.

gah, just imagine watching the needle on that thing moving up to 60

this is like the 3rd manufacturer that has claimed to be faster than the veyron, and fastest in the world, yet they all have yet to prove it to be so :lol:

the guy can't even afford himself a decent photographer... :?

geoff_a_pult said:
By those standards even the Veyron needs to put up or shup up. They've had Car and Driver (and I assume others) verify the top speed, but no one has put it through acceleration testing.

Nooooo :lol: You've got it mixed up. They have proven the acceleration just not the top speed.

Look, I really think that Car and Driver have independently "proved" the top speed, with telemetry and track side big sign with "407.x" written on it. I'm not sure what "independent verification" means officially, but I'm sure that C&D did something like that. I could scan it, if needed.

I'm pretty sure a Lingenfelter Corvette has done a 0-60 time in around that time. Of course, thats far from a stock car, but it is possible. I'll try and find the article if anyone wants it.

Edit- Just checked, and the 'vette did it in a little under 2, and was seriously lacking grip (goes without saying I think). A 0-60 time like that could be possible, but getting any sort of traction to pull that off would be a challenge :shock2:

Edit 2- (yes, a second one =o) Someone already mentioned the Saleen S7 style body, but check out the rear on their website. Looks like a Zonda :?

Mr.K said:
Edit 2- (yes, a second one =o) Someone already mentioned the Saleen S7 style body, but check out the rear on their website. Looks like a Zonda :?

are u mad?

Xeon SX said:
Mr.K said:

are u mad?

Slightly :p

tkr_bodywork2.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.**/img233/8140/pzondaf201024smallqa4.jpg

I think the Saleen looking similar is fairly self explainatory.

Mr.K said:
Xeon SX said:
Mr.K said:

are u mad?

Slightly :p

tkr_bodywork2.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.**/img233/8140/pzondaf201024smallqa4.jpg

I think the Saleen looking similar is fairly self explainatory.

well it seams you are mad :twisted:

3Colin said:
Look, I really think that Car and Driver have independently "proved" the top speed, with telemetry and track side big sign with "407.x" written on it. I'm not sure what "independent verification" means officially, but I'm sure that C&D did something like that. I could scan it, if needed.

No need to scan. They've posted the article on their website.
http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/10108/bugatti-veyron-164.html

I'm not sure if they used the GPS equipment they ususally do, or if they used track side radar (there is that pic of a light board showing 407.5), but they say they verified, and it was Csaba Csere driving.

If anyone could point me to a mag doing acceleration testing that would be great. As of yet I haven't seen anything better than "VW promises it will run sub 3 seconds to 60, and it certainly feels like it!"

right.... the Weineck Cobra will still chow the TKR, 0-200km/h in 4.9 seconds, and does the 0-300km/h dash in 10 seconds flat.
Running a 12.9-litre V8 engine that can rev to 8000rpm, developing peak power of 809kW or 1100hp @ 7000rpm, and the torque levels for the old-school engine are even more stunning - 1760Nm @ 5600rpm.

beat that TKR!!!

yes.. the rally models did. the roadgoing models were somewhat sluggish due their rev-happy nature.

Leonidae said:
yes.. the rally models did. the roadgoing models were somewhat sluggish due their rev-happy nature.
under 2 seconds sounds unlikely. However, i did hear that one version of the Lancia Delta S4 rally car could do 0-60,on dirt, in around 2.5 seconds.