z06 vs exige/elise1

jimmymac

need some of your expert guidance here guys

having a little discussion with an american friend on cars, he has mentioned the corvette z06. I passingly made the comment "if only they made a car that could corner" and he has gone on the defensive.

Now i believe im wrong with regards to conering as it seems the vette can handle itself pretty well.....please correct if im wrong.

However i made the point that the exige is one of the best handling cars in the world. He is trying to tell me that the z06 would destroy it at handling.

surely this cant be true...if it is then i shall eat humble pie but if not i need some ammunition please :D

Does he actually know what handling is, or does he think that handling = grip?

the ZO6 would mostly likely be quicker around a track that isnt all tight corners. What the vette lacks in handling, it makes up with power. Its the other way around with the Exige/elise

Dear God, please wake me up....we don't need yet another thread like these.

Lets just cut to the chase:

"Power/weight ratios, leaf springs, George W Bush, American cars are teh suck, youre an idiot, no youre an idiot, Americans cant make cars, blah blah BLAH."

http://img302.imageshack.**/img302/4320/hasselhoff426yv8.gif

Eventually this thread would have been Hoffed.

The Z06 would obliterate the the exige on the avwerage track due to its power. To make a better argument for handling use such cars as the Ultima GTR and Nobles, both of which would beat the Z06 by some margin, or even use the 996 or 997 GT3 as a example.

The Z06 isnt a bad handler at all, but not as good as american fanboys would like to think/make out.

jayhawk said:

"Power/weight ratios, leaf springs, George W Bush, American cars are teh suck, youre an idiot, no youre an idiot, Americans cant make cars, blah blah BLAH."

:lol:

I'd guess that the Lotus handles better, because its engineered to do that best. It better handle well, with that relatively small engine.

Please, can we just have one Corvette thread that is stickied, so every American car bashing person can get some quick relief?

Oh, and the Exige will most likely handle better, simply due to the fact that it has less weight to transfer when cornering.

Magnet said:
Please, can we just have one Corvette thread that is stickied, so every American car bashing person can get some quick relief?

that is really, really funny.

I'd feel much better with a sticky too

well perhaps if everyone wasn't so defensive about it, then we wouldn't have so many threads.

edit: it's just a stereotype. learn to live with it. you don't see brits goin on the defensive everytime one of the yanks goes on about crooked teeth, or germans on sense of humor. The fact that you get so defensive shows how insecure you are about your cars.

kekekeke said:
well perhaps if everyone wasn't so defensive about it, then we wouldn't have so many threads.

edit: it's just a stereotype. learn to live with it. you don't see brits goin on the defensive everytime one of the yanks goes on about crooked teeth, or germans on sense of humor. The fact that you get so defensive shows how insecure you are about your cars.

It could be because every time someone starts a topic on an American automobile somebody always comes in and says it's "rubbish". I am sure some people would disagree if I said all Astons were shit, Porsches suck, etc.

The Elise is lighter and has more grippier tires. You make the call ;)

And no flamming guys....no matter how dumb the question :x

another therad?/??

i can never get tired of american car bashing threads : )

Hey, I'm an American and have to share the road with these rolling turds. Get in line.

jayhawk said:

Hey, don't steal my thunder like that! :p :lol:

Enough of BS posts guys, stick to the topic question.

Doesn't the Exige have those grippy semi-slick tires?? That alone gives it far better handling and grip capabilities.

In the end, the Exige probably has better handling, while the Corvette has decent handling but enough power to beast the Exige on most tracks anyways.

The exige handles better. Your friend may have thought that the Z06 handles better because in AutoX, Super Stock Class, it is not uncommon to see a Z06 beat an elise/exige.

Where to the untrained eye an autox course is nothing but corners therefore an Z06 must handle better. However, the reason why is because for the entire 05 season, the Elise did not have an LSD as a stock option. Therefore during the longer straights the Z06 could put down the power quicker then an elise/exige and on an national scale the .01 second difference it makes could be the difference. With LSD now stock options I expect elises/exiges become even more competitive.

However, from your post, he just sounds like a fanboy.