Fastest Cars of 2006...but not really

Completely Canadian, all born and raised in ST. CAtharines, I used to play hockey with his son.

Hey I did not now they were Malaysian or Indonesian, which is in... Asia.

NAIDANAC A said:
NICE STRETCH

anyways aren't Croatians and Slovanians like enemies or something since WWI? Thats what some guy from my school kept telling everyone.

I wouldn't doubt it. He didn't seem to like to talk much about home, and considering all the shit that went on just before he left I don't blame him.

youngwarrior said:
Blaro I can show you a company thats run by 10 men taht will crap all over the Z06 for less money. Whats your point? :bangin:
Look, I can take a $250 Wal-Mart go-kart, go find a surplus jet engine somewhere (somewhere...), strap the two together, and crap on the Z06 for less money (before I explode in a fiery death). What's YOUR point? :roll:

Your pathological hatred of the Z06 + everybody else's fervent defense = catacalysmic universe explosion

And when did this thread be about WWII? :?
Leaf springs helped us defeat the Germans, y'know. So did the Hoff. :p

NAIDANAC A said:
hmmm, i dunno, we invented basketball and y'all seem to like that LOL
NO YOU DIDN'T! Sure, James Naismith may have been from Ontario, but he invented it in good ol' Springfield Massachusetts, which isn't in Canada last time I checked. Wikk'd pissah! :lol:

NAIDANAC A said:
but Americans started the whole Automobile, and they can make one good every once and a while. Some people can't take that America can do something right. They also help win WWII btw so people should be at least a little thankful towards them and actually give the country respect...nomatter how bad bush is.

Hmm... you mean germans started the automobile. Also I don't see Americans giving France respect for saving them from the brits. That kind of argument doesn't work unfortunately.

kekekeke said:
NAIDANAC A said:
but Americans started the whole Automobile, and they can make one good every once and a while. Some people can't take that America can do something right. They also help win WWII btw so people should be at least a little thankful towards them and actually give the country respect...nomatter how bad bush is.

Hmm... you mean germans started the automobile. Also I don't see Americans giving France respect for saving them from the brits. That kind of argument doesn't work unfortunately.

Germans may have invented the first "automobile" it was the US who invented the modern automobile. Mass production, assembly lines, wide spread auto ownership, etc as well as most auto technologies.

kekekeke said:

I've always held an interest in History, and I don't really recall much in my school history books about the French ever helping us in the Revolution.

If I recall correctly the Confederacy during the civil war gave France some BS reason why they wanted to goto war to get help (no one would get involved if they went in over slavery).

Perhaps American's wouldn't be jumping on the "screw those surrender monkies" band wagon if they knew any history. Though what can you expect when most people in the US think Franz Ferdinand is just a band from Scotland?

thedguy said:
kekekeke said:

I've always held an interest in History, and I don't really recall much in my school history books about the French ever helping us in the Revolution.

If I recall correctly the Confederacy during the civil war gave France some BS reason why they wanted to goto war to get help (no one would get involved if they went in over slavery).

Perhaps American's wouldn't be jumping on the "screw those surrender monkies" band wagon if they knew any history. Though what can you expect when most people in the US think Franz Ferdinand is just a band from Scotland?

There was plenty about it in the history books you just forgot. France and the US are even. US revolution inspired French revolution, WW1, WW2, Vietnam.

IT was Ford that invented the assembly, thus mass producing Ford Model Ts. I grant you the Corvette is a great track car but its cheaper than the Ferrari for a reason. Baf interior trim and build quality. No one can say whether neither cars are reliable or not. They're all like a year old for godsakes.

jetsetter said:
kekekeke said:
NAIDANAC A said:

Germans may have invented the first "automobile" it was the US who invented the modern automobile. Mass production, assembly lines, wide spread auto ownership, etc as well as most auto technologies.

I'm sorry, but making something better and for cheaper isn't the same thing as inventing it. Anywhere you look the Germans are credited with inventing the modern automobile.

kekekeke said:
jetsetter said:
kekekeke said:
NAIDANAC A said:

I'm sorry, but making something better and for cheaper isn't the same thing as inventing it. Anywhere you look the Germans are credited with inventing the modern automobile.

Oh yes it is. Just think of the computer. 60 years ago the computer has huge in size and huge in price. Since then companies has made computers small and have been able to decrease the price. Without those companies the personal computer revolution would have never happened. Without Ford there would not be the millions of cars there are today and they would be hugely expensive and thus being a very limited product. But what does invent really mean? In the late 1700s there was a self propelled steam powered vehicle that used wheels. It could be described as an auto.

In 1769, the very first self-propelled road vehicle was a military tractor invented by French engineer and mechanic, Nicolas Joseph Cugnot (1725 - 1804). Cugnot used a steam engine to power his vehicle, built under his instructions at the Paris Arsenal by mechanic Brezin. It was used by the French Army to haul artillery at a whopping speed of 2 1/2 mph on only three wheels. The vehicle had to stop every ten to fifteen minutes to build up steam power. The steam engine and boiler were separate from the rest of the vehicle and placed in the front (see engraving above). The following year (1770), Cugnot built a steam-powered tricycle that carried four passengers.

In 1771, Cugnot drove one of his road vehicles into a stone wall, making Cugnot the first person to get into a motor vehicle accident. This was the beginning of bad luck for the inventor. After one of Cugnot's patrons died and the other was exiled, the money for Cugnot's road vehicle experiments ended.

The first automobile patent in the United States was granted to Oliver Evans in 1789 for his "Amphibious Digger". It was a harbor dredge scow designed to be powered by a steam engine and he built wheels to attach to the bow. In 1804 Evans demonstrated his first successful self-propelled vehicle, which not only was the first automobile in the US but was also the first amphibious vehicle, as his steam-powered vehicle was able to travel on wheels on land as he demonstrated once, and via a paddle wheel in the water. It was not successful and eventually was sold as spare parts.

NAIDANAC A said:
NICE STRETCH

anyways aren't Croatians and Slovanians like enemies or something since WWI? Thats what some guy from my school kept telling everyone.

Nope, we are neighbours, and since WWII until 1991, we were in the same country - Yugoslavia. There are some disputes but saying we are enemies is a bit strong./Italians are the enemy/joke

I love Croatia and Croatians, especially if there are fish and wine in the equation.

Thedguy:
Be sure I'll bring my own beer - as I cannot drink the piss some people think is beer.

You logic is flawed. OK. America made the assembly line. But you are saying that just because Ford used the assembly line to make the cars cheaper, America "invented" it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Virtually every industry uses the assembly line, so every product on the market would have been invented by America right?

Like I said, mass marketing something is not the same thing as inventing it. That is the same thing with light bulbs. An englishman called John Swan had already patented the bulb one year ahead of edison in england. Edison took the design, improved it, mass marketed it, and all of a sudden he's the inventor!!! Unfortunately some things in history cannot be corrected.

edit: By the "modern automobile" it's obviously not a steam engined but with an internal combustion engine.

"Internal combustion engine automobiles were first produced in Germany by Karl Benz in 1885-1886, and Gottlieb Daimler between 1886-1889."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile

kekekeke said:
You logic is flawed. OK. America made the assembly line. But you are saying that just because Ford used the assembly line to make the cars cheaper, America "invented" it. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Virtually every industry uses the assembly line, so every product on the market would have been invented by America right?

Like I said, mass marketing something is not the same thing as inventing it. That is the same thing with light bulbs. An englishman called John Swan had already patented the bulb one year ahead of edison in england. Edison took the design, improved it, mass marketed it, and all of a sudden he's the inventor!!! Unfortunately some things in history cannot be corrected.

My logic is not flawed. If only you looked at little bit deeped into the subject........... Ford invented the modern automobile, basically what we have today. I didn't say Ford invented the auto outright. Benz threw together a gasoline engine designed by a frenchmen, a horse carriage, and some gear and chain and then assebled it all by hand. Basically all that he did was incorperate the gasoline engine. If you want to go even farther back you could say that it was not a German at all who invented the auto.

Read my edit above. You seem to have missed it while typing your response. The way you dismiss what benz did is pretty arrogant. If it was so simple, why didn't an American think of it and had done it sooner?

Americans like to claim everything :roll:

Thats why they call a sport they play mainly with their hands football :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

jetsetter said:
There was plenty about it in the history books you just forgot. France and the US are even. US revolution inspired French revolution, WW1, WW2, Vietnam.

Nope, wasn't in MY history books. Plenty of shit about the founding fathers, and the constant reminder that Columbus got credit for following a pirates map, and something the vikings had done centuries before his mom decided to get a piece of ass.

Not sure how the US revolution inspired WW1 and 2 but alright.

This thread is officially out in left field. Lets see how far we can take it. :roll:

kekekeke said:

edit: By the "modern automobile" it's obviously not a steam engined but with an internal combustion engine.

"Internal combustion engine automobiles were first produced in Germany by Karl Benz in 1885-1886, and Gottlieb Daimler between 1886-1889."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile

While an Englishman did probably patent the bulb first, edison had working examples well before he was satisifed with his final patent if I'm not mistaken. Plus these "first" things always cause an arguement, the first to patent isn't always the first to have the working idea regardless of what country your or they are in/from.

I believe in the Italian history books (I know for sure it's in the Italian version of MS encarta) they say an Italian invented the telephone, but in America it's Alexander Graham Bell

I'm not going to touch to much on the whole "America and the modern car" thing except that Ford was the first to make a car available to the masses, and well the asembly line was a significant leap in manufacturing of pretty much everything.

I'd be more inclined to credit him for modern car manufacture than the modern automobile, if it was upto him we'd still be driving Model-T's complete with cable operated brakes.
Ford has always appeared to have fought technology except if it made manufacturing cheaper.