common sense!

Why's this in the Fifth Gear section?

Thats the BBC simply doing what they had to do in response to all those morons who can't take a sense of humour and some sarcasm the right way.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yayox said:
jajajajaj just like american broadcasters!

How is it anything like American broadcasters?

Most american shows are censored so much to prevent anyone from complaining about the content. 50% of the stuff they do on TG wouldn't be allowed on American broadcast networks for fear someone would find it offensive. Unfortunately American don't understand the idea that they have no right to not be offended.

(I am extremely against censorship on television, and strictly believe that if you don't want to see something you should change the channel, not complain to congress to get the show cancelled or fined...)

hokiethang said:
Yayox said:

Most american shows are censored so much to prevent anyone from complaining about the content. 50% of the stuff they do on TG wouldn't be allowed on American broadcast networks for fear someone would find it offensive.
Like what? The most offensive thing I can recall from TopGear is when Jeremy said Corvettes were talentless.

Have you ever heard of South Park?

Enough said.

hokiethang said:
(I am extremely against censorship on television, and strictly believe that if you don't want to see something you should change the channel, not complain to congress to get the show cancelled or fined...)
No way! I want all my channels to be filled up with easy, family friendly, non cursing programming with no joking about sex, the war or good American products, you know, that joking might be harmfull for American industries.

That way I can turn on the TV without feeling like laughing of such SERIOUS issues. I don't won't to laugh of it, but it makes me laugh.

So I think they're in for involentary laughtslaughter too!

TomCat said:
hokiethang said:
Yayox said:

Most american shows are censored so much to prevent anyone from complaining about the content. 50% of the stuff they do on TG wouldn't be allowed on American broadcast networks for fear someone would find it offensive.
Like what? The most offensive thing I can recall from TopGear is when Jeremy said Corvettes were talentless.

Have you ever heard of South Park?

Enough said.

BROADCASTERS.... Not cable television. Broadcasters are ABC, NBC, CBS etc... Cable television gets away with a lot more than normal broadcasters do. But there are even people fighting to have cable TV censored, mostly because South Park said something they didn't like. Fox pushes the limits and gets away with it sometimes, and other times gets fined huge amounts, and is now forced to show events on tape delay just to protect themselves.

Things have gotten better than they used to be, as networks are now less restricted after 11pm. Some local affiliates now show syndicated south park episodes after 1am. But until there is a huge shake up at the FCC, I foresee more restrictions on television content, not less.

Jeremy has said things that if said on US broadcast television would likely cause calls to the FCC.

A BBC spokeswoman said there had also been "a number of calls" about a report on caravans broadcast on 16 July from "viewers who were taking issue with various aspects" of the feature.

:lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: