The Best Top Gear Episode Of All Time?

Which episode was the one whith the m3csl on isle of man?

And which episode was the one where they compare old supercars to new ones?

My favorite is [07x03] November 27th, 2005, with the Zonda, GT, and F430. Some of the shots in that piece are breathtaking, my favorite of which is depicted in my avatar.

Notable mention is the original race: AM DB9 vs. train to Verbier. I've watched that one more times than I can count. The "buy a cheap, mid-engined Italian car" challenge was also fantastic.

I never laughed so hard after seeing the Porsches for 1500 quid episode. Loved it.

Hehe, not the best episode but a damned funney scene. Isle of Man when they Stig races the M6, V8 Vantage and the 911 and James falls in after getting an umbrella down the hill. God I laughed hard (as did Richard and Jeremy) :lol:

Got to be the 07x03 with the Zonda, GT40 and the F430, a beautiful episode! :)

Re: The Best Top Gear Episode Of All Time?

kjoada said:
Which one of the 65 episodes that have been aired since 2002, is the best?
Please write why you think tour episode is the best.

i dont remember the exact episode, but reading this brought to mind 1 quote, that decided for me: "if you've found a more unreliabel car, why dont you write to us at: Actually, I've Got A Peugeot, BBC Top Gear...".

Tobias said:
My favorite is [07x03] November 27th, 2005, with the Zonda, GT, and F430. Some of the shots in that piece are breathtaking, my favorite of which is depicted in my avatar.

Doest anyone here have a larger shot of that? Like a wallpaper?? :eek:

It's impossible to choose one best episode because there are a mass of them and they are nearly all astonishing.

I've picked a few I think best episodes ever:
- Top Gear - [2x4] - 01.06.2003 (Jag episode)
- Top Gear - [3x1] - 26.10.2003 (BMW 5 & mule GT40)
- Top Gear - [3x2] - 02.11.2003 (Isle Of Man)
- Top Gear - [3x6] - 07.12.2003 (Superb Vantage test & Monaro)
- Top Gear - [4x1] - 09.05.2004 (DB9 vs TGV)
- Top Gear - [4x8] - 18.07.2004 (Quattroporte & GT40 & Rover V8)
- Top Gear - [5x4] - 14.11.2004 (Zonda & Vanquish)
- Top Gear - [5x5] - 21.11.2004 (Morgan & Nurburgring test)
- Top Gear - [6x3] - 12.06.2005 (Amazing photos is TVR test)
- Top Gear - [7x1] - 13.11.2005 (Ascari & Isle Of Man)
- Top Gear - [7x2] - 20.11.2005 (BRG & Fabuleous RS4)
- Top Gear - [7x3] - 27.11.2005 (3 Supercars)
- Top Gear - [Winter Olympics] - 12.02.2006 (One of the funniest eps)
- Top Gear - [8x1] - 07.05.2006 (For mezmorizing Koenigsegg)

Wow, I've made a huge list but those episodes, for me, are the best of the bunch, there is also a different feel in the series 1-2-3,4,5,6-7-8, I mean 1-2-3 feels a bit old but it was the first, 4 felt very soft and pleasant, 5 was fully a tyre shreding petrolhead show, 6-7-8 got a bit too monumental I think, different from the others but still mindblowingly good.
Thats my personal watching-TG wierd stuff and I'll be surprised if someone shares my way of thinking but you never can tell. 8)

It's hard to pick one episode... there is so many good tests and challenges.

Best test: 05x04 - Richard Hammond on the Wally 118 and then driving the Zonda Roadster. Camerashots, music and the vocal by Hammond just fits perfectly together.

Best Challenge: Porsche for less than ?1500. That just cracks me up :D

The Winter Olympic episode is great too :)

[08x06], the caravan holiday episode. Staged fire or not, it was hilarious.
[08x03], the amphibious car challenge.
Winter Olympics episode and how JC can't shoot.
[07x03], the supercars over the bridge, that was epic.
[06x06], the SLR ferry race.

Why don't we take the episodes mentioned most frequently in this thread and make a poll so we can vote for the Best Top Gear Episode in History?

I quite like the episode as a whole that features Jeremy driving the Vauxhall from the back seat. The section before it where they think that nobody is watching is hilarious, as is the news segment with my personal favourite "Hammond is a ****" gadget :lol:

The last episode of series 3 was also quite a funny one with the whole budget theme - James May on keyboard! :D

david-o said:
Which episode was the one whith the m3csl on isle of man?
Top Gear - [3x2] - 02.11.2003

david-o said:
And which episode was the one where they compare old supercars to new ones?
Top Gear - [5x8] - 19.12.2004
(If this is what you mean)

i like the one where jeremy customises an old mercedes S Class into a kitchen with a stove in the back and cemented the floor, richard and james kept falling around in it, i was falling around laughing

One of my favorite episodes was the one with the tribute to Lambo's (they reviewed three Lambo's and traced their history) that also had the Mini Cooper reviews.

The episode where May and Hamster raced the bobslay against the Evo rally car, that was just classic! the look on James May's face as they hurtled down the icy track, man was he scared! and the amphibicar episode where Jeremy nearly drowned himself and the hamster! so funny yet scary at the same time.
oh there's just too many classics really to choose.
:D

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
[07x03] 2005-11-27 officially became my favourite episode of all time. The supercars review + the cool Focus ST review gave it my thumbsup :thumbsup:

Agree, anything with a McLaren in it and I'm quite happy :).