Clarkson Column In The Sun[SCANS]updated

hype

Car(s)
GT Chucker
So i know most people here like anything to do with the 3 from top gear, i buy the sun and clarkson has a column in it every saturday, so i will scan it and upload it.

5th Of August 2006

Sorry about the quality, my scanners not the best, and i had to lower the file size to fit on the image host

12th Of August 2006

sorry i havent been able to join this one, im sure someone who knows photoshop could do it:D

"An RAC spokesman slammed MP Borris Johnson this week for letting his children ride in the front of a 195mph Lamborghini Gallardo. "The safest place for children is in the back," he said.
Er. If you put your children in the back of a Lamborghini Gallardo, they'd be in the engine.

HAHA major ownage by Clarkson :mouse:

Well done. I bought the book "The World Accoding to Clarkson" which is a collection of his columns. Quite good stuff, really.

I'm sorry. Why would anyone want to leave Britian, where the most dangerous animal is The Prescott, and go to a country where every spider can bite your head off and the sea is full of nothing but teeth?
Hmm...what do our legions of Aussie members have to say about this? :think:
Actually, Australia sounds like a really fun place. Get me on the next ticket to Melbourne! (Or Sydney, or Alice Springs, etc. Argue amongst yourselves. :p)

Also, Clarkson looks really pissed in the header image. Like he's going to rip your nose off with his eyelids somehow.

BlaRo said:
I'm sorry. Why would anyone want to leave Britian, where the most dangerous animal is The Prescott, and go to a country where every spider can bite your head off and the sea is full of nothing but teeth?
Actually, Australia sounds like a really fun place. Get me on the next ticket to Melbourne! (Or Sydney, or Alice Springs, etc. Argue amongst yourselves. :p)

Also, Clarkson looks really pissed in the header image. Like he's going to rip your nose off with his eyelids somehow.
Hhmmm another one of Clarkson entertaining exaggerations :p

He's always seemed rather facinated by Australia but has regularly come off as if he doesn't like it. I think he secretly loves Australia but doesn't want to show it so he shields himself behind his rhetoric.

C'mon Jezza....come downunder with your host mates and do one of them cross-continent races. You'll have to pretend each Australian state is a continent however.

Funny thing is, that he said New Zealand is like Britain and the people are like Britons... I really don't think its like that... All Kiwis have been more than nice to me, I think hey are the nicest people on earth. And I have never heard anyone say that concerning Britain... ;-)

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
"An RAC spokesman slammed MP Borris Johnson this week for letting his children ride in the front of a 195mph Lamborghini Gallardo. "The safest place for children is in the back," he said.
Er. If you put your children in the back of a Lamborghini Gallardo, they'd be in the engine.

HAHA major ownage by Clarkson :mouse:
:thumbsup: :mrgreen:

Great.

Buba said:
Funny thing is, that he said New Zealand is like Britain and the people are like Britons... I really don't think its like that... All Kiwis have been more than nice to me, I think hey are the nicest people on earth. And I have never heard anyone say that concerning Britain... ;-)

Well they certainly know how to speak proper english. Unless some other people. :roll:

Has he ever said anything about South Africans? What's his opinion about them?

hajj said:
Buba said:

Well they certainly know how to speak proper english. Unless some other people. :roll:

Has he ever said anything about South Africans? What's his opinion about them?
Someone give me a heads up when he reviews my native land. :p

Although he did remark "I was barreling down the Swedish highways on my way to Oslo", when he drove the SLR to Oslo, "but then.. I hit Norway.."

Which probably means the speed limits did not fit his personal idea of what they should've been :p

"It's Prius, Prius, Pants on fire!

So the consumers association has finally woken up to the fact that the Toyota Prius will not do, as the greenies claim, 65mpg.

They say it will actually do 52mpg. Still wrong. 45mpg is nearer the mark.

I've been on more economical oil rigs."

Hahaha, classic. I need to get the World According to Clarkson :(

I don't think I can stand another fat American comment from a man who actually enjoys eating at Denny's.

Look not at the content but the delivery. He succeeds. You, on the other hand, are not so lucky.

This Sun article is like bite-sized Clarkson, innit? The Times articles have intricate prose, this one has only punchy one-liners. Two interpretations of the same columnist.

BlaRo said:

lol, I live in Adelaide South Australia and have never seen a croc in the wild, nor a great white shark.

If your a true petrol head you won't bother getting out of the car anyway....

Still I suppose the Red Back spiders are a pain in the arse, and Brownies (Brown snake) and Tigersnakes are best avoided! They have a nasty habit of wanting to take up residence in your shed....

But the real reason?

We have Port Adelaide (Port Power) supporters......FERALS! :p

lightcrafter12 said:
"New Zealand... is blessed with a great climate... just like Britain."

I wonder if anyone actually thinks Britain has a great climate?
Great I am not so sure, different yes - every day it changes.

lightcrafter12 said:
"New Zealand... is blessed with a great climate... just like Britain."

I wonder if anyone actually thinks Britain has a great climate?

i think its good, yes its hardly hot here, but its been hot here this summer so far. but we dont have inches of snow in the winter, no hurricanes, no earthquakes etc

kaBOOMn said:
BlaRo said:

lol, I live in Adelaide South Australia and have never seen a croc in the wild, nor a great white shark.

If your a true petrol head you won't bother getting out of the car anyway....

Still I suppose the Red Back spiders are a pain in the arse, and Brownies (Brown snake) and Tigersnakes are best avoided! They have a nasty habit of wanting to take up residence in your shed....

But the real reason?

We have Port Adelaide (Port Power) supporters......FERALS! :p
Aren't Red backs mainly in Sydney or something like that?

wait Captain Kirk's chair is for sale again?! i thought it was sold to be put into a sci-fi museum in Seattle