Car(s)
'07 Volvo XC70 Polestar, '01 Miata SE
Audi S3

s3_front.jpg

s3_int.jpg

Seat Leon Cupra

002__scaled_600_085.jpg

004__scaled_600.jpg

There's a lot of info in these two articles, so it's better to just click the linkys. I really like the Seats instrument cluster, kinda funky.

Discuss...

What's the point in having a high tech display. but then be let down by old analogue dials? I say digital all the way! Looks better. Lexus do an electronic version and it's delush.

lol digital is so gay. It does my head in, and looks kinda tacky. And that display isnt very hitech, it looks normal to me, EU fords have had similiar ones for about 15 years now.

I love classic dials. The just look better than some post-modern, digital high-tech stuff. You'll never be able to replace the joy of seeing a rev-counter with a needle speeding towards the redline with some digital instrument.

^x2

and with dials, while driving you can easily see the speed or the rpm at the position where the dials at, without reading the number, you can't do that with an digital dash

yeah, and they might break some time, but i have never seen a digital readout that doesn't fade out with time or gets strange stripes or whatever.

^
X3
Those two cars agre very good examples of nice instrument panels. Nice, simple and easy to read. The one in the Leon is superb, I loved how the background turns red, like a motorcycle. The only problem is that the rev counter must never be smaller than the speedometer, apart from that, it's great!

ahpadt said:
Holy sh*t the S3! :woot: :woot:

The big debate is if the S3 will make it to the US shores. I really like the A3, and it amazing the power it makes with the same engine as the regular A3/GTI.

Mike W said:
What's the point in having a high tech display. but then be let down by old analogue dials? I say digital all the way! Looks better. Lexus do an electronic version and it's delush.

why do you thing all mercedes, audies, and bmws have analog dials? do you think that C4 and twingo instruments are better than the instruments from S3? i dont think so