Speed Cameras to be replaced

andyhui01 said:
watto said:
There's been some mobile speed display things around Melbourne for a while. There was one near my house a few months ago. The screen just goes blank when you're doing more than 80km/h :lol:

I've seen it on the Hume Highway when my friends and I drove to Sydney :D

Yeah, those things are shithouse, only read up to 117km/h.

The ones in the side streets are little trailers things, I forgot to mention that a smiley face shows up when you're being good but if you speed, you get a sad face. hahaha, it's pathetic!

This seems to be the general consensus. :lol:

http://img474.imageshack.**/img474/5364/speedrv4.jpg

watto said:
andyhui01 said:
watto said:
There's been some mobile speed display things around Melbourne for a while. There was one near my house a few months ago. The screen just goes blank when you're doing more than 80km/h :lol:

The ones in the side streets are little trailers things, I forgot to mention that a smiley face shows up when you're being good but if you speed, you get a sad face. hahaha, it's pathetic!

haha... haven't seen that, have to have a look

watto said:
andyhui01 said:
watto said:

You have to wonder what genius thought it up really. That and the overhead-gantry signs that don't read consistently...

KaJuN said:
This seems to be the general consensus. :lol:

http://img474.imageshack.**/img474/5364/speedrv4.jpg
:lmao:

Surely though it must be beatable like a speed camera? Of course you'd have to be going insanely fast, but there's got to be some point where it can't get the measure?

Chevrolet found out with the corvette back in the early 80's how to reduce the radar signiture in their cars. 1/3 of it was just by slanting the radiator significantly, combined with a plastic body and a few other tricks.

Apparently for the first couple of years of the C4 vette they were extremely hard to catch an accurate speed.

watto said:

Apparently, a guy I know with a hotted up old Holden ute, drove past one at 170km/h, and it just came up with a frown and 170. Then again, my mate (who was in the car at the time) could be talking shit.

Those fixed ones on the bridges are pretty pissweak, but good for checking out how accurate your speedo is. (there's one between Geelong and Melbourne)

Somebody else's brilliant idea to solve both the speeding and congestion problems. :shock:

http://img426.imageshack.**/img426/1430/speedkillwm0.jpg

D-Fence said:
We have it in Germany ;)

StreetstyleDarkMark-1091191213.jpg

Haha the highscore is a really great idea. :lol: