Trip to the 'Ring 2

Sweet pics, sweet video. How did you manage to pass a Supra but let a Civic hatchback get past you?

jayjaya29 said:
Sweet pics, sweet video. How did you manage to pass a Supra but let a Civic hatchback get past you?
on a regular track the driver's skill and experience play a big role, but on the the nordschleife its a completely different level...
people who don't know the track very well usually drive very slowly, but someone who knows the track blindly won't need a powerful car to be really quick.
the civic was also a type-r, which has as much hp as the e36 325i.

What does it cost to take a lap on the ring? Is it open to the public daily? Can you rent a car to take on it?

Nice nice movie, so are the photos. It had to be fun. That black Lancer Evo IX with Czech number plate 2P7 9999 is my neighbour's car. Little bastard he didn't tell me about his trip.

furious said:
What does it cost to take a lap on the ring? Is it open to the public daily? Can you rent a car to take on it?

16? for one lap, 108? for 8, 305? for 25. opening times vary, but can be checked on the website. its open almost every day for most of the time, although from monday to friday its usually only open in the evening. you cannot rent a car on the spot and some german car rental companys state that you are not allowed to take the car to the ring.

jayhawk said:
I want "Ring worm".... :(
You're lucky you're on a car forum, otherwise if that was taken out of context...:whistle:

Wonder how fast the Countach could lap the 'Ring. Old school, I love it. :thumbup:

BlaRo said:
Wonder how fast the Countach could lap the 'Ring. Old school, I love it. :thumbup:

I love the Countach, but realistically, the answer would be "not too fast".

german car rental companys state that you are not allowed to take the car to the ring.

And its officially forbidden to take rented cars around the ring! (If you crash it, you have to pay it)

I know that a good driver with a civic r can do a 8:30 on the ring, which ist......fast.

The countach wouldn?t last long enough to complete the lap, its an old italian car ;)

D-Fence said:
And its officially forbidden to take rented cars around the ring! (If you crash it, you have to pay it)

No it isn't. Some of the bigger rental car firms have anti-N?rburgring clauses in the contracts, but some don't. The Vollkasko pays the damage if you crash the car, or at least they did in pretty much all cases that happened so far. The Nordschleife is considered a public road so it is legal to drive there when the owner of the car doesn't say you aren't allowed.
There are lots of people with rental cars on the Nordschleife (most of them british ^^), but you don't have to drive like your ass is on fire around it, look at all the buses.

Dins said:
to be brutally honest, the ringtaxi is quite overpriced. even if you take three people it's still ?60 each, so unless you don't want to put your own car through the green hell, i don't see a point taking a ride.
Well the point is to go round the ring in a fast car with a very good driver.

Impressive...very impressive :shock:
Hmm...a somehow familiar sound of the probably best engine in the world, the BMW M50 engine :D

Quote: "Da kannste mal sehen, was in dem alten 3er so drinsteckt!" :bangin:
"Now you see what's inside that old 3 series"

Anyone know the lap record, by who and in what?

JediMindGamez said:
Anyone know the lap record, by who and in what?
6:11.130 by stefan bellof in a porsche 956.

I went to the ring last year......

It was a fantastic trip. 8)

Sadly I didn't have the time to go this year.

Me and my girlfriend rented a Mercedes SLK 200 Kompressor, and my fastest time was, 9mins 35secs.

I drove 7 laps, and 4 of them included the grandprix circuit, which is the track they host F1 races on.

Pics from the trip: http://www.l-m.dk/coppermine/index.php?cat=2