10 years of speeding fines to be refunded in Australia!!!!!

drewzor

Just watched a news update that informed drivers in Australia that speed camera fins are now inadmissible in court because the cameras are only calibrated once a year. They are required to be calibrated daily and therefore there is potential for every speeding ticket issued in the last 10 years to be reversed!!

I'll link the article when its up on the web soon

did i fell aslee? is it the first of april again? :?

Thats right! I would say that the state governments are about to be royally boned. They were talking about static cameras on the side of the road tho, not the handheld ones the cops use... thought i should add that

drewzor said:
Thats right! I would say that the state governments are about to be royally boned. They were talking about static cameras on the side of the road tho, not the handheld ones the cops use... thought i should add that

How could you get caught by those... Where I drove in Australia (from Sydney almost to Cairns and back...) They were announced 3 times before they come up... And they are HUGE!!!

Buba said:
drewzor said:

How could you get caught by those... Where I drove in Australia (from Sydney almost to Cairns and back...) They were announced 3 times before they come up... And they are HUGE!!!

it depends which state you're in... in NSW they have 3 signs before that happens... but in VIC, they are just everywhere without warning

sweet. i might be able to get my 54 in a 50 zone fine back

and i might be able to appeal about the 1 point bond that is currently on my license. EXCELLENT!!

I've never been caught by a MultaNova (or whatever they are called in different states). The only ticket I ever received was doing 72 in a 50 zone near my old house (I deserved it, I was speeding, I just wasn't expecting anyone to be there). The cop pulled me over and asked

"Any reason for your speeding?"

to which I replied

"Testosterone?"

and he laughed, and reduced the ticket, which was nice.

Re: 10 years of speeding fines to be refunded in Australia!!

Re: 10 years of speeding fines to be refunded in Australia!!

drewzor said:
They are required to be calibrated daily
I'm sorry, but that's just retarded. I mean comon, what's gonna happen in 24 hours that's gonna make them be off? :rolleyes: Monthly sounds more reasonable.

flyingfridge said:
sweet. i might be able to get my 54 in a 50 zone fine back

and i might be able to appeal about the 1 point bond that is currently on my license. EXCELLENT!!

looks like its just in nsw mate

yeah, i read that after i made that post. bugger

It was breaking news (live) on prime (channel 7) in nsw around six pm as the news started, so far though I haven't seen any follow up. I'll keep my eye out and try to record it and put it up for you guys to watch.