Clarkson on Americans

I agree with some of what he said, but once again I'm dismayed that the image of all Americans has been tainted with the actions of an annoyingly visible few.

Oh, you know Clarkson, he's just into emphazising the stereotypes he sees. :)

Blind_Io said:
I agree with some of what he said, but once again I'm dismayed that the image of all Americans has been tainted with the actions of an annoyingly visible few.

Sucks when that happen, eh? I can relate as a Christian. And I'm American too, so yeah I can doubly agree :)

I wonder if Clarkson really believes all the crazy stuff he says, or if it's just his schtick?

Personally I think it's just part of his act. Honestly it gets a little tiresome. The videos with only Jeremy in them are almost painful to watch. They're just too... Clarksonish....

The power is American, yes, but it's tamed and sophisticated by Europeans. It's a metaphor, in other words, for the perfect world.

I love this man... I wish he were my adopted father.

Pretty funny, but full of flaws and misinformation. That's Jeremy for you. :p

Sure, most people would put on a stupidly large wing, a really ugly body kit and side exhausts.

I can see the point of makeing a bad car go a 'lil better. But when you get to a lotus (Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious?) you really can't do more......

you can justify tinkering with an Exige if its constantly on a track and you prefer the way it handles with a little more camber in the back. but really, its not the kind of car you should try to make better

there is always room for improvement... You guys act as if the lotus is a 100k+ supercar... its a $40k track car you idiots :?

I like the point he makes on the differences between us and the world, we are an aggressive bunch :|

There is more point in improving a 100k+ Supercar than a 40k Exige.

well you can say that the Exige is said to be the best of the best...not sure what a plebian can do to improve the handling.

BlaRo said:
Ok Clarkson, we have guns, get over it. Through he's completely right about the driving! :lol:

Also, just for the record this shows that he does indeed like American cars.

When you're not from the US and you see how many are there it's quite understandable why many people comment.

And it shows that he likes american car :p

Excellent article, can't wait for the new series!

omarmakki said:
No Boss said:
The power is American, yes, but it's tamed and sophisticated by Europeans. It's a metaphor, in other words, for the perfect world.

I love this man... I wish he were my adopted father.
Me too! Then, I would be able to take a ride in his Ford GT everyday!

If it ran everyday :lol:

Chupacabras said:
BlaRo said:
Ok Clarkson, we have guns, get over it. Through he's completely right about the driving! :lol:

Also, just for the record this shows that he does indeed like American cars.

When you're not from the US and you see how many are there it's quite understandable why many people comment.
True, but it's not like everybody walks around carrying Winchester rifles with scopes to the grocery store. We have them, but they're concealed.

kaBOOMn said:
I can see the point of makeing a bad car go a 'lil better. But when you get to a lotus (Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious?) you really can't do more......
:lol: never heard of that one before!

I'd like to see a Corvette engine in an Exige, wonder what that'd be like...

Well. It would probably ruin the handling because an Exige shouldn't be heavy. And a big V8 would probably weigh it down.

Would go like stink, but still. :p