Lens Flair

Shadowness: Suction cup mounts are fun!

Whooster: I am very much in love with the 5d. Not only does full frame blow me away (along with giving new life to my 17-40 and 15mm) the colors are amazing. What I've been posting for the past two weeks is straight from the camera, no computer editing at all.

rootrider: you make me want to move to Washington! Looks like such a nice place!

A little more abstract than normal

94382651-L.jpg

Originally posted by Shadowness;
^^Great shot. Very intense colours. The only negative thing I would say is the big cloud in the background thats overexposed, it kind of dominates the image. Would live to see the shot taken using HDR! Other than that, top stuff!

Thanks :blush: That means a lot to me, coming from someone as good as you :) .

please excuse that nooby question (don't know whether it has been asked before), but how do you add the frames to your pictures everybody?

mautzel said:
please excuse that nooby question (don't know whether it has been asked before), but how do you add the frames to your pictures everybody?

The easiest way is using photoshop. I would make the image ~80-90% of the original size (edit in 'image size') Then increase the canvas size, play about with the percentages to give a different sized border( plus you have to get it so the horizontal and vertical border look the same size).
Then make the whole process into an 'action'. Then you load a photo, click on the saved action, and it adds the border automatically.

Shadowness said:
mautzel said:

The easiest way is using photoshop. I would make the image ~80-90% of the original size (edit in 'image size') Then increase the canvas size, play about with the percentages to give a different sized border( plus you have to get it so the horizontal and vertical border look the same size).
Then make the whole process into an 'action'. Then you load a photo, click on the saved action, and it adds the border automatically.

Haha. Seems I'm not the only one who does it like that then :p Usual route for me is image resize to 964px along the longest edge, then increase canvas size 1st by 40px lxh and then 20px lxh to get the white then grey :) You can make up a template too. Did that for mock Kodak frames ;)

can anyone guess where i've been over the weekend?! :D

http://img172.imageshack.**/img172/474/0703skyline2kn9.th.jpg

Hi All. Been away for a while, and have been a bit ill today so been trying to sort stuff out while off work.
Not had a chance to catch up on the photos missed so far though - that'll have to wait another day.
Ryosuke, nice photo, nice area! But I have no idea where it is...

Took this photo last weekend while cleaning the MR2 and quite like it. Thought I'd try it widescreen as the new laptop is widescreen and so it makes a fitting background. Sometimes my dinky little Olympus suprises me...

^WOW! Great contrast.

Took this about 3 years ago, with a Elph 35 mm film camera:
http://img102.imageshack.**/img102/6215/0372460r103918ad9.jpg

lben said:
rootrider: you make me want to move to Washington! Looks like such a nice place!

I'm sorry :)

DSC_1681.jpg

this is the same mountain that can be seen in my previous shot peaking above the clouds. It's viewable from most of the western interior of the state and is less than a couple hours from where I live.

dude you should take me me on those trips :p

you need to watch the vortex PNW forum during the summer. We have cruises and gtg's a few times a month all over the Seattle/Washington area. All European cars are almost always welcome. :thumbsup:

ryosuke said:
can anyone guess where i've been over the weekend?! :D

http://img172.imageshack.**/img172/474/0703skyline2kn9.th.jpg
K?ln! I went up every one of those cathedral's steps :D

Fantastic Picture!

More watery-ness from me, from our hike last Sunday. Not too bad for a pic shot against the sun, though it does leave the sky a bit overexposed.

http://img174.imageshack.**/img174/5678/waterrw2.jpg

Micra said:
More watery-ness from me, from our hike last Sunday. Not too bad for a pic shot against the sun, though it does leave the sky a bit overexposed.

overexposed skies have been the pain in my side lately. The sun really causes problems in that area :D

waiting to get into Mt. Rainier National Park. They never expect a 40+ car group to arrive at once for some reason :bangin:

DSC_1538.jpg

200mm @ f/4.. I love this lens

does everyone own a wide angle lens these days? I might have to get one...

lol, I still don't! Planning on getting one though :p