GM: Sequel Will Be A Chevrolet(photos/pictures)

zeoniks said:
That looks like a Pontiac Aztek with more holes on it.

Have you ever seen an Aztek?

jetsetter said:
zeoniks said:
That looks like a Pontiac Aztek with more holes on it.

Have you ever seen an Aztek?

http://img224.imageshack.**/img224/3190/x07ccch001lss1.jpg

3G7DA03E05S520896-1.jpg

Hmmm.... yeah I could see you have a point. I see a similarity.

Not really that close if you ask people who know automobiles.

Yeah, it does kinda look like an Aztec.

However, I'm sure the tech. can be transported into a more pleasing form.

Heh. A Prius isn't exactly a design classic, either, and all the elitists love it. I think it looks like a mid-90's shaver from some Chinese factory in the $5 bin at your local Spag's (if you're not from Massachusetts, then substitute with any variety of local cheap stores like Ocean State Job Lot or something. Oh, fine, dollar stores then.).

Either way, this will be more practical than a Prius, and just as clean if not more so. Annnnddddd everybody's gonna hate it cuz it's a Chevy. And they build the Suburban! OMG! ('Cuz you know, Toyota doesn't build the Sequoia or anything.)

Wizegui said:
I like it alot but why do they make a fuel efficient car a Crossover. First of all, it makes it less fuel efficuient/ Secondly why make it look like an SUV when i was never intended or can't go offroad? I like the look of it and the specification though.

Most of today's automotive market demands larger vehicles with the capability of carry around more people in a comfortable package. One of the reasons why the Toyota Prius out did the Honda Insight. The former was bigger, more room.

If you had a family, you'd probably want something at least along the lines of a mid-sized sedan. If you've got a bit more pocket for utility, you'd probably look into an MPV. Carry your family and groceries around in the same car at the same time.

Also, as it was stated, it's nice and all that a small micro car that could barely pass NHTSA standards can make uber gas milage, but if you could make a more "practical" vehicle (or one that was in more of a demand), thats what will sell.

Not that I can say much about the styling, but when it comes to the technical design, GM wins on this one...

I don't think it's that bad.

I believe the reason they even built it in the form of the crossover is simply because of the North American market and the huge market share of SUVs/Crossovers. If they're going to build such a vehicle for the mass market then they might as well target the biggest share to attack instead of going for a small niche. Really, if this car did cost multi-million dollars to make then they'll definitely be looking for a quick to-sale-return-profit margin.

It looks surprisingly like an Aztec. That's sorta sad. It looks miles better, but you can certainly see the characteristics come out.

the interior looks a bit...realistic. you'd expect something wild/extravagant in a concept, but this looks like they just modified the interior of a Cobalt.

bartboy9891 said:
the interior looks a bit...realistic. you'd expect something wild/extravagant in a concept, but this looks like they just modified the interior of a Cobalt.

It did... then GM, GMed it.

http://img157.imageshack.**/img157/1938/dscn1145dw6.jpg

Philly Auto Show '06.

I like the interior and I'm sure you will be able to change the colours of the interior. This is the evolution of the Aztek ;) and it looks great. I love it. Go GM. After years of offering hybrid and alternative vehicles, there's one finally coming to the consumer market.

I am just blown away that a dinky online magazine like Winding Road gets first crack at it.

jayhawk said:
I am just blown away that a dinky online magazine like Winding Road gets first crack at it.

That's because they know how to test drive vehicles ;).

Front is nice, rear is godawful, interior looks nasty with that brown shit, and it's got a shitload of torque! :p

Should be an interesting car though.

That auto show interior is great. I hope they can strike a balance between cost and looks and not stray too far to the cost side like GM normaly does.

In regards to the "why is it an SUV debate" well with as much as a Fuel cell set up weighs it just makes since to put it in a larger vehicle. Eventually the technology will evolve to make fuel cells lighter but right now they are very heavy.

My old university made a pair of fuel cell vehicles several years ago.

One was a Lumina and after all of the fuel cell and electric motor equipment was added the vehicle weighed nearly 5,000 lbs. The vehicle had a stock curb weight over less then 4,000 lbs.

I sure hope they get rid of the Cobalt steering wheel. Its a good looking car :)

Hmmmmm. Interesting...

The front is quite ok looking, but the back just looks awful.