NEW Alfa Romeo 8C

If it was less than $100K, I would seriously think about it. However, it's hard to justify $200K for something that will only be worth about $20 a month after it's purchased.

Screw resale value. If I had the money I'd buy it and keep it forever.

Though I'd probably end up doing something pointless with it, like an LS7 swap. :mrgreen:

I dont think it will use its value very fast. Thats not a regular Alfa 156, its a one-off special car and it will stay one to be lusted after. Unlikely you will lose much on buying one.

^ thats probably true. If it can manage to hold its value like a modern mid-engined Ferrari can, then you wont have to worry about it. There are dealers selling 360 Modena's for $180K! thats around $20K MORE than when they were new!

I hope it does lose its value fast, actually. I hope what they say about Alfas is true: you wake up the next day and realize that the lovely Italian beauty in your garage is worth about $1.25 and a packet of peanuts. Because I've got a dollar and a quarter and a some Mr. Peanut Unsalteds in my pocket, and I want one of those RIGHT NOW!

In fact, I might have my new favorite car... :eek:

bartboy9891 said:
assume it'll be more than $130K, the current Gransport is over a 100K and this will likely be quite a bit more.

Why? Maserati is supposed to be positioned higher than Alfa Romeo in FIAT concern IIRC ...

DJ said:
bartboy9891 said:
assume it'll be more than $130K, the current Gransport is over a 100K and this will likely be quite a bit more.

Why? Maserati is supposed to be positioned higher than Alfa Romeo in FIAT concern IIRC ...
true but the 8C isnt a typical Alfa. Its going to have a Maserati V8 after all. i can't see them selling an Alfa supercar for less than a Maserati Gransport or Coupe. Then there is the rarity...

I'd buy one for the looks itself. That thing tops the 159 and Brera, and they're pretty damn sexy. I want, now. Hopefully it's worth about $15 bucks in 5 or so years :thumbsup:

F**k the los in value in the future, like someone said, if I'd buy one, I would keep it forever. And then it die I clean it and put it in my bedroom instead of tv.

?lfa 8C went to the top of my "favourite current cars" list.. That is just... AWESOME...

Found some more pics on autoweek.nl.. Interior shot and a cabrio shot

alfa8c3.jpg

alfa8c4.jpg

sadly I heard they wont be making a convertible version