2008 Impreza spy shot

Kostamojen

I'm surprised this hasnt been posted yet...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/09/13/spied-2008-subaru-wrx-hatchback/

and

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots/Spy_Shots_2008_Subaru_WRX.S178.A10857.html

4-2008-subaru-wrx-hatch-spied.jpg

3-2008-subaru-wrx-hatch-spied.jpg

Oh, and if you think for any second that it is not a Subaru, it has the same license plate as several Subaru test mules...

I think the hood scoop kind of gives it away. That's a nasty job on the camo though, one of the more difficult jobs to see past. At least they did away with the pig-nose.

Ya, the alfa-nose is going to be gone after 07... The tribeca will be loosing it as well.

There are other interesting things to note:

LED brake lights
Completely new exhaust design
What looks like the Legacy/Libery multi-link rear suspension
MUCH more head room
Possibly framed windows???

Good stuff though... However I dont know which autoshow it will debut at first.

Wo0t! No more flying vagina! :mouse:

Doubt the hatch is a good idea; they should include a sedan with it, but isn't the next Lancer (and Evo) going to be a hatch as well?

definetly framed windows finally... and yea Kostamojen, people WILL believe its a subaru, the hoodscoop is an ultimate giveaway :lol:

andyhui01 said:
definetly framed windows finally...

Nooo frameless FTW!!

I only hope that Subaru don't play it too safe after the reaction to the previous bug-eye look.

I love frameless windows too. My Magna has them. I just hate the way they rattle when you shut the door with them fully wound down.

don't get me wrong too... I love frameless windows, my dad has one on his Lexus. But its just a pain in the ass, this idiot didn't know, shut the door pushing the glass and it went out of place... now I have a huge phoebea over it and evertime someone wants to shut the door, I tell them don't touch the windows.. lol

Wow they really did a number covering it up, it's harder to imagine what it's going to look like than the usual "black patch here and there" job.

Kostamojen said:
MUCH more head room

and that's a good thing in what way?
if there is 1 place where i do not need any room in spare, it's above my head
and it doesn't realy help to keep the center of gravity down either

Is it just me or does the front end look a bit mazda6-ish

mazda_mazda6_mps_25_01_06.jpg

That being said I really like the new look of it. The old one was just plain fugly.

TDC said:
Is it just me or does the front end look a bit mazda6-ish

mazda_mazda6_mps_25_01_06.jpg

That being said I really like the new look of it. The old one was just plain fugly.
No, not at all. Wait, weren't you the same guy that said a Ferrari 360 looked like a Corvette Z06? :?

I said that the Z06 stole the 360's headlamps look, and tried to make the Z06 look like a 360.

bone said:
Kostamojen said:
MUCH more head room

thats good for us 6'6" people who want a wagon bad

The size and proportions are all wrong for Mazda, and then there's the Subaru hood scoop.

I'm sure that the hatch will also be offered as a sedan if it is brought to market. I wonder what they plan to do with the lights front and rear. With all the camo the car looks pretty chunky so I hope it's more sleek under there.

Glad to see they're fixing their horrible, horrible schnauz mistake, but...they're turning it into a ricer hatch?!

bone said:
Kostamojen said:
MUCH more head room

6+ footers always complain about headroom in Imprezas, at least here in the states. If bigger people can fit in the car then that equates to more sales, which is a good thing.

epp_b said:
Glad to see they're fixing their horrible, horrible schnauz mistake, but...they're turning it into a ricer hatch?!
Still looks alot like a regular Impreza wagon to me, minus a couple inches in length...

TDC said:
I said that the Z06 stole the 360's headlamps look, and tried to make the Z06 look like a 360.

Ya and the F430 and Enzo dont have the same kinda lights as a vette.... it doesnt matter