FinalGear.com Richard Hammond Fund

Hmm. I'm an asian, a Chinese to be exact; and I speak mandarin. "Giving clock" in mandarin means "sending one off". The clock is very popular in Singapore.

"Giving clock" :lol:

I'm sorry. hehe.

"giving clock" really means "sending one off", literally. In singapore, not many sinaporeans speak english like you caucasians do. We speak what we call "Singlish", a form of enlgish mixed and matched with chinese dialect, malay, Indian etc
:lol:

I'm Chinese, Cantonese.

oh wow. Living the "American Dream" many chinese like to dream about? How did you get to the US? :?

Homer_Bart said:
How did you get to the US? :?

Commited some sort of horrific crime I suspect.

haha. when I went back to china where my parents' hometown was, everyone was still talking about the "American Dream" even after decades. and anyway, let's just hope Hamster the best. Seen: "Richard remains stable" on topgear.com

Homer_Bart said:
"American Dream"

They seem to be always dreaming, while us Euro's are awake and smelling the coffee (quite literally).

Wake up america!

Jack M said:
Homer_Bart said:
How did you get to the US? :?

Commited some sort of horrific crime I suspect.

Actually I was from Hong Kong... so technically you can call me a traitor. :lol:

American Dream??? I'm still looking for a job... and I graduated 4 months ago. :(

However, I have to say... things would've been worse if I stayed in HK... I doubt I'll ever have a chance to attend college.

Jack M said:
Homer_Bart said:
"American Dream"

They seem to be always dreaming, while us Euro's are awake and smelling the coffee (quite literally).

Wake up america!

Come on now... you have James Bond, we have Jack Bauer... I don't understand where all this hatred is coming from? :?

"They seem to be always dreaming, while us Euro's are awake and smelling the coffee (quite literally).

Wake up america! "

I'd love to visit Europe some day, though I'd still have to wait for years. Are europeans biased against yellow-skinned people?

HK's too not-well built at places, good move you made it to the US. :)

Homer_Bart said:
"They seem to be always dreaming, while us Euro's are awake and smelling the coffee (quite literally).

Wake up america! "

I'd love to visit Europe some day, though I'd still have to wait for years. Are europeans biased against yellow-skinned people?

HK's too not-well built at places, good move you made it to the US. :)

I would love to visit Europe also... but I think there's racism everywhere you go. I faced my share when I moved to the US... and being one of the few Asian kids in the school... I was either a Bruce Lee, or a Jacky Chan. I always picked Bruce Lee.

ahpadt said:
Stay on topic, please.
Indeed.

And we're up to $325. Think big and nice. Either that, we could donate to the helicopter fund if we think that'd be a better use of money. I mean, who cares about things like a clock (no offense to the poster). We need something that is either a really "get well soon" (like flowers), something for his kids (although he's not dead, so not a big deal), or something in his honor.

I'll be donating 20 quid tonight for Hamsters fund and another undisclosed amount to the air ambulance charity.

It will be the best spent money ever. :D

Being that I actually was the one who said to start the damn fund, I had to at least contribute to it.

20 dollars from me.

If dell and my other paychecks come through in time...I'll put in about 100-200 for the helicopter ambulance guys.

I looked if Pagani organizes Trackdays, but couldn't find any info. I'll be contacting Pagani to see what they can mean to us and Hammond.

Fingers crossed.

I'll chip in $5. All I can afford at the moment :( I'm another poor college student, lol.

I think we should get plush toys for everyone. Something like a hamster looking thing for everyone. Just buy like 4 Hamsters and give them to his family. That would be really good, I think.