Hammond In Car Crash - (Now Moved from Leeds 28/09)

:x I hope you were quoting james may when saying C*ckface! :cry:

Aardvark said:
:x I hope you were quoting james may when saying C*ckface! :cry:
:lol: I was..... (It was Richard saying Hello Cockface to James from his bed.)

And there was some hope. While James was leaning over, whispering to our bashed-up friend, Mindy started to stroke his hair and I noticed the hamster?s heart rate had shot up from 60 to 75 beats per minute.

?Christ, James. He thinks you?re doing the stroking,? I yelled.
Hahaha, probably the funniest thing I've ever read :D

Loomy said:
And there was some hope. While James was leaning over, whispering to our bashed-up friend, Mindy started to stroke his hair and I noticed the hamster?s heart rate had shot up from 60 to 75 beats per minute.

?Christ, James. He thinks you?re doing the stroking,? I yelled.
Hahaha, probably the funniest thing I've ever read :D

I don't know this is close...

Leeds General Infirmary is a no star hospital. According to the bureaucrats, it?s terrible. But trust me on this. From where Richard Hammond was lying, it was about as terrible as Angelina Jolie?s left breast.

PieceOfTat said:
Aardvark said:
What happens on October the 8th???
No Top gear, that's almost certain. But, screw it. It wouldn't be TG without the little bully bouncing around the studio eating cards anyway.

Kinda like the 3 musketeers. 1 gets ill, you can't call it the 2 musketeers and carry on like nothing happened. It doesn't feel and sound right.

C*ckface! :p

You can't say there will be no Top Gear for sure. By the way Clarkson was getting on in his article it sounds like he wants to do the show even if Hamster isn't ready.

gabibyte said:
jeffy777 said:
gabibyte said:
holy shit. 280mph! No video of the crash?

I'm sure there is as he was taping a segment for the show, but don't you think that's distasteful/disrepectful at this point? And where did you get the 280mph from anyway?

I got the 280mph thing from the first articles which appeared. I don't think its disrispectful, i think its something i want to see because you don't survive a 280mph crash into a lamp post for example. I want to see what happened and i think all of the users here do.

lol, you reply after 20 pages.....The 280mph wasn't in the original post, it was edited in after a link to a news article was posted, so you must have posted that right after it was announced.

Of course Jezza wants to carry on, he's been doing this for decades! It would be quite odd without Hammond but it'll still be Top Gear I guess... No more card eating, maybe James will have to fill in for him while Hammond recovers.

OR! Top Gear Dog can stand-in for Richard! That'll be a hoot! :)

"You're here because you're a c**p driver," said Jeremy Clarkson, prompting a smile from Richard Hammond.

I just love how JC has no problem sharing whatever goes on in that room. Usually with this kinda stuff you're happy if the hospital spokesman spits out a word per hour, but JC is really letting us in on the details and I find it very cool.

As I mentioned earlyer I should hopefully be going to the hospital tomorrow morning, I will take a card from the FinalGear forums expressing everyone's thoughts and I will try to include as many messages as possible.

alistair_1990 said:
As I mentioned earlyer I should hopefully be going to the hospital tomorrow morning, I will take a card from the FinalGear forums expressing everyone's thoughts and I will try to include as many messages as possible.

thats great thank you :)

Our Hamster has now been moved to a General Ward! :D He's coming on SO well!

Come on, Hamster! You're a fighter, mate! You're in our prayers!

WOW thats awsome!

ohhh so we should get on that gift fast if there is any chance of him getting it hey?

he will be out and at home soon!

They say that the next 10 days are crucial in monitoring his recovery. However, they predicted the move to a General Ward would be sometime next week. So, he is healing faster than expected!

I mean, a 300MPH crash, and not even a single broken bone! Safety precautions aside, that is absolutely astounding! Accidents happen, but all I can say is, God is well-and-truely on his side!

"" Richard is winning his fight. And now mine begins. To make sure that he has a show to come back to. ""

These words are music to my ears. I'm overjoyed Richard is making a good recovery, but on the over hand I know Top Gear has an uphill struggle to remain on air. At least we know it won't be going without a fight! :thumbup:

I jumped when i saw the article few days ago.

It said that his condition was critical and he suffered from major head injuries.

I feel (and i am not the only one) very relieved that his condition is stable now. :)

All the best Richard. :)

He's on a general ward now. same link as the one above.