Turbine Bike

BlaRo said:
jetsetter said:
niccce said:
does it have teh leaf springs for suspension ?
It's got leaf springs, push rods, several pounds of chrome, etc.
And a live rear axle!

Cruiser bikes like most Harleys aren't just an American thing anymore, don't forget. Every motorcycle company from Suzuki and Kawasaki to Triumph and BMW (with the exception of maybe Ducati and Aprilia) builds a similar massive chrome-laden tank (not that it's a bad thing).
Yes it is... :p

Redliner said:
What exactly are you talking about?
I don't get the Honda S2000 analogy. Just because it has a Harley engine (up to a point, because Buell themselves change a lot of things in the engine as well), I doesn't mean it will ride as a Harley and yes, people buy most things because of the labels. But back on topic:
Do you want proof that it doesn't handle? Download the review in the manufacturers website, done by MCNews, and I quote: "Corners are what you'd expect on a bike this long: slow and sweeping". A motorcycle journalist said it, not someone who knows someone I know who saw a picture of it on the internet.
You were talking about association. Lamborghini built (or builds?) tractors. Does that mean they're road cars will handle like tractors? Of course not. Fact is, Buells are built by Harley Davidson. Doesn't matter what the name on the building says. Chances are they're built by the same people under the same roofs.

So it handles corners "slow and sweeping"? What exactly does that mean? What is slow? 60mph? 100? 25?

TomCat said:
It's funny that they keep mentioning Buell. I guess they don't know Buell is a division of Harley Davidson. Which seems to be the most hated motorcycle company in the sport biker community.
I'm a cruiser biker and I hate HD as well. Too darn loud and overpriced if you ask me. :x

TomCat said:
You were talking about association. Lamborghini built (or builds?) tractors. Does that mean they're road cars will handle like tractors? Of course not. Fact is, Buells are built by Harley Davidson. Doesn't matter what the name on the building says. Chances are they're built by the same people under the same roofs.

So it handles corners "slow and sweeping"? What exactly does that mean? What is slow? 60mph? 100? 25?
TomCat, try to make sense. I am stating quite the opposite: despite having the Harley-Davidson engines, Buells are very sporty, corner-capable bikes. I understood what you were saying with the Honda analogy, I just could not see the relation with the things I said. And about the meaning of "slow and sweeping", try riding a Harley around a bend and you will find out, but maybe you will enjoy it, since North Americans idolize those bikes. You always do that in every thread that deals with anything made in the USA. We have gone from cars to bikes. Next we could argue about food, or maybe beer.

niccce said:
http://img114.imageshack.**/img114/6979/mtty2kturbinesuperbike2lc1.jpg
You just read my mind... :lol:

KaJuN said:
TomCat said:
It's funny that they keep mentioning Buell. I guess they don't know Buell is a division of Harley Davidson. Which seems to be the most hated motorcycle company in the sport biker community.
I'm a cruiser biker and I hate HD as well. Too darn loud and overpriced if you ask me. :x
They are overrated and overpriced, but some people like loud exhausts.

But I've talked to sport bikers who say that anyone who buys a Harley is a "fucking idiot". And talk alot of trash about how sport bikes are better then Harley's in every possible way. Now I'm not into motorcycles, but it seems to me that riding is more about the out-in-the-open experience then anything else. Cars handle better then bikes, but that's not really the point, is it?

I just think it's funny how many idiots I see in my area riding sport bikes with no helmet or shirt, while wearing a bathing suit and sandals. And then you see nothing but vids of sport bikes crashing on the Internet while doing some stupid trick on public roads. The intelligence levels of sport bikes isn't very convincing. [/rant]

Redliner said:
TomCat, try to make sense. I am stating quite the opposite: despite having the Harley-Davidson engines, Buells are very sporty, corner-capable bikes. I understood what you were saying with the Honda analogy, I just could not see the relation with the things I said. And about the meaning of "slow and sweeping", try riding a Harley around a bend and you will find out, but maybe you will enjoy it, since North Americans idolize those bikes. You always do that in every thread that deals with anything made in the USA. We have gone from cars to bikes. Next we could argue about food, or maybe beer.
Which is precisely why Harley used a different name for their sport bikes, because there would be people who would automatically assume that anything with a Harley badge can't handle a corner. I know that. What I don't know is why you say there is no association between Harley Davidson and Buell, even though they are all built by the same people, but with different badges.

Please don't turn this into another USA vs The World argument. It will only lead to the thread getting closed. It's bad enough people are bringing up leaf springs and solid rear axles.

TomCat said:
Which is precisely why Harley used a different name for their sport bikes, because there would be people who would automatically assume that anything with a Harley badge can't handle a corner. I know that. What I don't know is why you say there is no association between Harley Davidson and Buell, even though they are all built by the same people, but with different badges.
I said it because Buell and Harley-Davidson are different companies! Buell is wholly owned by H-D, but they're not "made by the same people". It is like saying that Audi uses a different name for their supercars, badging them Lamborghinis.

TomCat said:
But I've talked to sport bikers who say that anyone who buys a Harley is a "fucking idiot". And talk a lot of trash about how sport bikes are better then Harley's in every possible way. Now I'm not into motorcycles, but it seems to me that riding is more about the out-in-the-open experience then anything else. Cars handle better then bikes, but that's not really the point, is it?

I just think it's funny how many idiots I see in my area riding sport bikes with no helmet or shirt, while wearing a bathing suit and sandals. And then you see nothing but vids of sport bikes crashing on the Internet while doing some stupid trick on public roads. The intelligence levels of sport bikes isn't very convincing. [/rant]
I have to agree with everything you said.
I prefer sport bikes, but usually people who ride them have their own way of being stupid.

oh boy what have I done! :cry:

I just said that with the price of the H2K I could buy several desmosedici's and F4 1000s because each cost around 50k and they are meant to corner unlike this, because it's only purpose is: going very fast in a very little amout of time in a straight line, and that's great for someone who likes to go fast quickly .

If I had the choice for an exotic bike I would take the bikes I mentionned earlier because as exotic bikes they make more sense to me.
And I will never have that type of money anyway so I'll just buy a 916.... one day :evil:

It's just my opinion.

triumph said:
oh boy what have I done! :cry:

I just said that with the price of the H2K I could buy several desmosedici's and F4 1000s because each cost around 50k and they are meant to corner unlike this, because it's only purpose is: going very fast in a very little amout of time in a straight line, and that's great for someone who likes to go fast quickly .

If I had the choice for an exotic bike I would take the bikes I mentionned earlier because as exotic bikes they make more sense to me.
And I will never have that type of money anyway so I'll just buy a 916.... one day :evil:

It's just my opinion.
And I agree wholeheartedly. To each his own. I like to corner fast, therefore I don't like this bike. A 916SPS would make a happy squid. :evil:
But maybe I win the lottery, so I can buy a Desmosedici and be an even happier squid.

Redliner said:
TomCat said:
I said it because Buell and Harley-Davidson are different companies! Buell is wholly owned by H-D, but they're not "made by the same people". It is like saying that Audi uses a different name for their supercars, badging them Lamborghinis.
Motorcycles are a little different then supercars. Building a sport bike requires no more training then a cruiser. You're just using lighter weight material and giving the bike a short wheelbase and lower stance. You're also making it less comfortable and giving it a stiffer ride. It's not rocket science. Harley Davidson and Buell are different companies in the same way Chevrolet and Cadillac are different companies, yet many GM vehicles are build side-by-side.

As for Audi... http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=9683

Redliner said:
And I agree wholeheartedly. To each his own. I like to corner fast, therefore I don't like this bike.
If you like to corner fast, you should buy a sports car.

TomCat said:
Motorcycles are a little different then supercars. Building a sport bike requires no more training then a cruiser. You're just using lighter weight material and giving the bike a short wheelbase and lower stance. You're also making it less comfortable and giving it a stiffer ride. It's not rocket science.
*sigh* Where do I begin? Do you really think that the only thing that separates sports bikes and cruisers is weight and suspension setup?
Unless you are comparing Harleys and Buells, this statement is just preposterous. And even if you are comparing Harleys and Buells, this is ridiculous. You have to use a completely different approach to every part of the bike.

Redliner said:
And I agree wholeheartedly. To each his own. I like to corner fast, therefore I don't like this bike.
If you like to corner fast, you should buy a sports car.[/quote]
What was that supposed to mean? I assume you never ridden a bike or watched carefully a race.

Redliner said:
TomCat said:
Motorcycles are a little different then supercars. Building a sport bike requires no more training then a cruiser. You're just using lighter weight material and giving the bike a short wheelbase and lower stance. You're also making it less comfortable and giving it a stiffer ride. It's not rocket science.
*sigh* Where do I begin? Do you really think that the only thing that separates sports bikes and cruisers is weight and suspension setup?
Unless you are comparing Harleys and Buells, this statement is just preposterous. And even if you are comparing Harleys and Buells, this is ridiculous. You have to use a completely different approach to every part of the bike.
Right, a different approach. Do you think someone who builds Harley's would be Unqualified to build sport bikes? That's my only point. The people who build sport bikes don't have to get special training from NASA. Everything is built on assembly lines in today's day and age. Installing parts onto one bike or another isn't going to require specially trained people in different fields.
Redliner said:
TomCat said:
Redliner said:
If you like to corner fast, you should buy a sports car.
What was that supposed to mean? I assume you never ridden a bike or watched carefully a race.
A bike can't corner as well as a sports car. Go ahead and look up track records and see what vehicles hold the fastest times.

You cant compare bikes and cars. The whole driving experience is just too different. And I say that not liking bikes, but I at least have some respect for the people who do.
And now stop trying to start any stupid America discussions, only because somebody states facts or his opinion about something coming from America. Don't be so fuckin paranoid. We like this bike for what it is, but it still isn't

teh best bike in teh world!!!!11 it can handle everything it pulls 15g on the skidpad!!!11 pushrods ftw... hemi hemi

my last 2cents about this "bike thing"
Building a bike is not rocket science ? well yeah if you fine down that you just need a frame 2wheels and an engine to build a bike , but that's not the case otherwise everyone would build their owns.
In fact just look at BMW their bikes are loaded with technology , the same apply for Yamaha , suzuki , honda etc , they spend millions in R&D to have bikes that are more fuel-efficient ,user friendly and secured.
Motogp have telemetry like in F1 and their budget are in millions, and 5years later the components use on motogp bikes are on factory bikes (like in F1) : radial brakes , carbon-magnesium wheels etc

trust me the big bikes company have engeneering departments and they spend lots of time on drawing boards before building a new bike

triumph said:
my last 2cents about this "bike thing"
Building a bike is not rocket science ? well yeah if you fine down that you just need a frame 2wheels and an engine to build a bike , but that's not the case otherwise everyone would build their owns.
In fact just look at BMW their bikes are loaded with technology , the same apply for Yamaha , suzuki , honda etc , they spend millions in R&D to have bikes that are more fuel-efficient ,user friendly and secured.
Motogp have telemetry like in F1 and their budget are in millions, and 5years later the components use on motogp bikes are on factory bikes (like in F1) : radial brakes , carbon-magnesium wheels etc

trust me the big bikes company have engeneering departments and they spend lots of time on drawing boards before building a new bike
That's what I was trying to say. One last thing: do you really think that it's the same to build an engine that's basically the same for the last 30 years an produces about 70bhp/Liter with 2 valves/cylinder , redlining at about 6.000rpm (H-D) and to built an engine that produces 180bhp/liter, with 5 valves per cylinder and redlining at 15.000rpm? Now expand it to everything else: brakes, suspension, fuel management, research for alloys, etc. On the sportbike market, only the top technology sells, while the cruiser market seems to be quite the opposite: buyers want to feel like riding an old bike, with simple technology. Designing and building sportbikes is not rocket science, but it's pretty hard.

I'm talking about building a bike, not designing and engineering a bike.

un-dee said:
And now stop trying to start any stupid America discussions, only because somebody states facts or his opinion about something coming from America. Don't be so fuckin paranoid.
The single most over-used post on this forum.

Pull your head out of your ass and open your eyes and read the thread. I'm not talking about America. Only my very first post said anything about America, and that was a joke. I really wish people would stop fabricating arguments that aren't taking place.

What are you saying than?
Harley Davidson is the best motorcycle factory ever or that bikes are very easy to develop and make?
I do agree that cars can be faster than bikes (but it depends on the track).
If you are saying something else than listed above sorry,i can't follow your thinking process.
Ah hell why am I getting mixed in this, i really don't know.

What are you saying than?
Harley Davidson is the best motorcycle factory ever or that bikes are very easy to develop and make? I don't think so.
I do agree that cars can be faster than bikes (but it depends on the track).
If you are saying something else than listed above sorry,i can't follow your thinking process.
Ah hell why am I getting mixed in this, i really don't know.