Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

• Tee shirts and chocolates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mini Z remote control car

• Brake clock

• Total voters
Do people have a preference for what sort of helmet we get? Personally I'm not too fussed, but we should probably discuss it while Viper's sister does her thing (I'm conscious of the need to keep this moving quickly).

So, full-face, or open-face?

I dont really care too much so long as its cost effective and FIA approved

As a starting point:

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/SPARCO_Helmets_1693/

Not picking that site or brand of course - but it's a good range to browse through and see what people like. They also have Bell and Arai helmets, but only the Sparcos have FIA approval (well, according to that site...). Just so we have a starting point - the cheapest FIA approved helmets there are EUR320 full-face, and EUR230 open-face.

The only reason I can see that full-face might appeal more is that it gives us the chin / jaw area to place some graphics on.

I vote full-face, Stig-style helmet, no doubt. They look cooler, and I can imagine they are easier to use for display only, which Hammond might want to.

cheers fbc. i like the WTT-KF so i think we should get that. the price is right too. still think we need the nice hamster in the zonda vinyl

Question:

Helmet fit is really important. How are we going to get the right size?

Blind_Io said:
Question:

That question has been asked several times, with no definite answer yet....

We should get one that is also fireproof! We don't want Richard burn his face when he might crash again? :cry:

Should we also PM the BBC bloke about Richard's blood group? Could be an important feature on the helmet!

Oh yeah, any interest for a more detailed design of the way I wrote his name? You know in my designs 1 page back, I have the idea that some people might like it (well one for a start :lol: )?

jeffy777 said:
Blind_Io said:
Question:

That question has been asked several times, with no definite answer yet....

Sorry, this thread moves so fastI have a hard time keeping up

With the smaller visor it certainly gives more room for the graphics.

I'm opposed to an open face helmet of any type, if we manage to get the right size, I want Hammond to be able to wear it if he wants. Open face helmets won't protect Hamster's gleaming white teeth.

fbc said:
As a starting point:

http://rallynuts.com/motorsport/SPARCO_Helmets_1693/

Not picking that site or brand of course - but it's a good range to browse through and see what people like. They also have Bell and Arai helmets, but only the Sparcos have FIA approval (well, according to that site...). Just so we have a starting point - the cheapest FIA approved helmets there are EUR320 full-face, and EUR230 open-face.

The only reason I can see that full-face might appeal more is that it gives us the chin / jaw area to place some graphics on.
I posted this before, but no-one took notice.

Try the Outlaw motorcycle helmet from Simpson.

782.jpg

Also in *teeth* white. 2 things to this:

1. He'll be the Stig of motorcyclists. (Stiggie currently uses a Simpson Speedway RX)
2. He can use it everytime he gets on his bike.

Blind_Io said:
I'm opposed to an open face helmet of any type, if we manage to get the right size, I want Hammond to be able to wear it if he wants. Open face helmets won't protect Hamster's gleaming white teeth.

He usually wears open face helmets on the show.

But yeah, I personally think open face helmets suck for motorcycles.

Not a Stig helmet. That would somehow be wrong.

There's only one guy who's allowed to wear one on the show. ;)

swek said:
Not a Stig helmet. That would somehow be wrong.

There's only one guy who's allowed to wear one on the show. ;)
Stig uses a Speedway RX which is a racing helmet, the Outlaw is designed and built as a bike helmet.

I found that out the hard way when a bee hit me in the face at 70 mph.

It was no ordinary bee..

http://img213.imageshack.**/img213/2829/flyingbeelw1.jpg

Well maybe I am getting a little irritating with safety stuff, but there are a lot of things to consider when buying a professionel helmet: Carbon fibre? Other fibres? Fire proof? FIA approval (different classes) et etc.

Point is without the right helmet, so without FIA approval, he won't be able to wear it in any races or worse on normal show stuff when the health & safety executives go to totally mental with safety (they will)...

So please consider as the website adressed earlier by myself and other is for RALLY stuff, could be different...