[10x01] September 25th, 2006

I had a feeling from reading the episode description that they have completely ruined the show. They should have stuck to what they do best. Reviewing cars and only that. If they did that, they would build a steady following. Luckily I didn't manage to catch the episode (more like I didn't feel like it) and from reading all these comments, FG has taken a completely wrong turn.

Yeah, FG better get better... Painfully bad...

Now THATS a crappy show. OMG!

Yeah, I never thought Fifth Gear would get any worse, but that episode was a stinker. I agree wholeheartedly with everyone here. This new format blows. If they keep this up, this may just be their last series on air. I want Top Gear, back. :(

I rarely really watch this compared to Top Gear but after all these comments I felt really curious and decided to watch a bit of it. God I couldn't believe it. I have never really felt that Fifth Gear was a high class show but it did offer at least some usefulness and the crash tests were often very good...so why completely change it and completely destroy it? Tim Lovejoy is NOT a qualified cars journalist, the whole thing was really painfully scripted, and God only knows why they decided to set it in a cafe. It really makes it seem like they have a laughably low budget, and this setting also gave the same effect to the Golf destruction :thumbsdown:

Tim Lovejoy? What a certified wanker. I swear, the high school video club at the school where my wife teaches produces WAY better television than that utter crap. Something has gone seriously wrong. Fifth gear was never TG, but it at least was watchable. I winced through this whole episode.

I cant believe they redesigned the opening credits and still used the stupid mirrored cars effect!

From fifthgear.five.tv homepage:

Been treated badly by a dealer? Got a car that's full of faults? Fed up of extortionate petrol prices? Had a clamper or traffic warden deal with you unfairly? Then come on the Fifth Gear programme and RANT!

We'll dedicate one minute of our precious show to you so you can get things off your chest. It'll do you the world of good.

Email fifthgear@fivetv with Rant in the subject box, and tell us your name, age, location, and what's been getting you down.
Maybe they should add "Hate the New Series?" to the list.

Never really used this word before, but that show was definitly rubbish. Actually started liking that last series for the same reason as many here -- not as entertaining as TG, but more informative.

Maybe FG will get canned and Tiff will rejoin TG! :thumbsup:

Wow...

First off, their new setting for the show, the stupid cafe, is just a lame ass attempt to introduce an audience like Top Gear. It is HORRIBLE to say the least.

Secondly, Lovefag is a douchebag of uber proportions and needs to be shitkicked right in the face....Vikki has suddenly become quite annoying also. They have no chemistry between them and they talked about NOTHING of any use.

Bentley's segment was by far the best. Both the races, apart from being so bloody stupid (an RC car and a Plane? Whats next, a yacht?) were badly filmed with too much movement and not enough info on the cars. I want to know about the details, does the mini understeer? Does it torque steer? Same with the EVO....Tiff did not tell me one usefull thing about the car like he used to in the old segments.

I think Fifth Gear should stop trying to be like Top Gear. They should leave the entertainment to Top Gear and concentrate on just reviewing cars and driving the shit out of them on the track to show how good/bad they are...

The random environment stuff was pointless as was wreck my ride (they should have called it, wreck our show because that is the only thing it accomplished)..

Tom's segment could have been MUCH better if they showed more of the music being played and more people dancing. If they also threw in some good footage of learning to use the DJ equipment, it would have helped. But I must admit, there were some gorgeous looking females that were breaking it down...

Oh God.....pls get better Hammond..

F*** how bad is this episode????? Jesus Christ! Its horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously bad episode..

I started to like FG in the last season, and it got better and better.. But now its all ruined..

The new guy was annoying as hell.

BUT the self-driving car -bit was interesting. Damn fast driving for a computer. :shock:

I finally got around to watching this ep. I think the producer should be sacked. I also think they should go back to having a half-hour show because it was much better then.

In all fairness - the two car segments (Golf and Lancer) were not bad by Fifth Gear standards. I didn't mind them at all. The problem was that everything else was just rubbish.

Why the hell did Tom have to do that silly segment?!! That DJ girl he was with was right - "You should stick to driving."

The cafe home left me feeling frustrated constantly saying to myself - "Just get on with it!" Luckily I didn't find Vicki very annoying at all. She seems more suited to that sort of role. But it seemed like one of those lame AM shows you see.

Tim Lovejoys interview was interesting....IF IT WERE ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL :roll:

I don't know - I'm just overwhelmed with frustration over the downhill turn they've taken. Fifth Gear WAS A GOOD SHOW!! They've ruined it.

The new intro was kinda cool though :D

Oh Dear....

Oh Dear....

Hi guys,
This is my first post on this site (apart from the one where I introduced myself.... Read It!

What has happened to Fifth Gear? Who is the new guy & why is he there? He has the personality of a shoe. Jeez I could do better than that & show more enthusiasm than this guy! Plus I'd love to be on TV lol.

Maybe it'll get better but my thoughts are with Top Gear & Hamster. God I hope he pulls through but the doctors say he 'should' or he 'might' return to his old self. Sorry this off the subject....apologies.

Jason Plato is a great presenter & great driver too. Him & Tiff are like the old lion & the younger cheetah! I loved the chemistry between them but they weren't paired together that often & now it seems Jason is gone altogether.

Oh dear....

I wasnt going to watch this but now that I have seen SOOOOOO many people say it was crap, i have to see how crap it really can be! :lol:

WTF!! Worst show ever! :shock:

To me it looked like they are seriously trying to imitate TG.. The talking bits are way too long and obviously scripted, you can almost feel the awkwardness because neither of them are very good actors it seems. Every time Vicky and this Lovejoy guy started talking I got frustrated by my PC remote not supporting fast forward.
Who the hell is this Lovejoy guy anyway and wtf is he doing on a car show? Get rid of him or make him stand in a corner and don't allow him to open his mouth.

Less talking, more action and info! If the next show is just as bad I will not watch any more!

BlitzR said:
Almost 1 week later and this is still going strong. :lol:
Yup.

Just watched it... for the second time !

That's right, I actually had to watch it again as I dozed off on it last night ! :zzz:

B O R I N G . . . :yawn:

From Tiff not doing any presenting anymore to the less than enthusisatic them song and the "WTF are they ?" new presenters, it just went from bad to worse throughout.

Crushing the RC car after the loss was bad enough
WTF.gif
, they had to go to Creamfileds to play Vanilla Ice ! :bangin:

I don't normally comment on specific episodes but this one was that bad I felt like I had too.

Worst episode ever ! :thumbsdown:

Or as :jc: would put it: "Absolute rubbish"

toilet.gif

Utterly shitty episode, if they continues with this 'style', I'll ditch Fifth Gear.

Season 10 episode 10 update

Season 10 episode 10 update

Hi,
I watched this episode again this afternoon. I liked the bit with the remote Golf. That had me facinated! The autonomous car! Jon Bently is great & I really like him. Don't like the cafe or the new bloke. He just doesn't do it for me.....he doesn't do anything actually but annoy me. I don't think I'm alone here.