Test cars vs show cars

I'm guessing here, that it's because the track clips could have been filmed several weeks in advance of the studio shots and TG has to rely on the manufacturer having a model available for the studio - any model. The manufacturer might not be able to guarantee that the exact same car will be ready on a studio day.

Electrastar~Indochine said:
I'm guessing here, that it's because the track clips could have been filmed several weeks in advance of the studio shots and TG has to rely on the manufacturer having a model available for the studio - any model. The manufacturer might not be able to guarantee that the exact same car will be ready on a studio day.

it has to be this

Yeah, they usually film the studio bits during the week and air the episode that weekend. That way they can keep the news up to date and everything.

The reviews, lap times, etc. are all filmed weeks or months in advance.

Sometimes the studio ones (ie, the Veyron they had) aren't even real cars, they are the cheapo reproduction ones they can allow the masses to slobber over without worrying about someone damaging a million$ car. I think sometimes its just whats available on the lower end stuff, and other times its "heres the one you can drive and heres the one you can have in a room full of people".

VAG themselves even use fake veyrons for display, so damn expensive are they!
there is a VW/bentley/bugatti dealer in the centre of berlin that had a 1:1 model in their showroom when i was last there.

ryosuke said:
VAG themselves even use fake veyrons for display, so damn expensive are they!
there is a VW/bentley/bugatti dealer in the centre of berlin that had a 1:1 model in their showroom when i was last there.

Yeah, it's the one that's popped up in the "I saw..." thread about 5 times already.

It was also pointed out that the F1 cars they have in the studio when they have an F1 driver star in a reasonably priced car are 1:1 models as well.