I love the Honda S2000.

i suspect a hardroof model convertible from honda can't be too far away given the mx5 has just got one.

the Interceptor said:
Give it a solid roof and classic dials, and I'll buy it right away! 8)

whats wrong with a soft top and digital display?

MadCow809 said:
whats wrong with a soft top and digital display?
I don't like it. I'm not a friend of convertibles, and I don't like those digital displays either. Especially the digital speedos with their second-wise update of the current speed make me mad.

What's wrong with some classic dials and a solid roof? :p

Regards
the Interceptor

I have to admit i'm not a big fan of digital speedo's (I think there a distraction personally because you stare at it trying to maintain a contstant perfect speed)

F1 rev counter is what makes it s2000 -_-
and the notion of revs going up soooo fast without a 5lb flywheel is sick lol

i actually like both, id like a good old traditional tachometre and a digital spedometre

in my brothers holden you can enter a diagnotic mode so it goes to a digital speedo :p

MadCow809 said:
i actually like both, id like a good old traditional tachometre and a digital spedometre

rx-84.jpg

Well, sir, the RX-8 has the perfect instrument panel for you.

10000rpm
is sex

I personally like the S2000........never driven one, but the specs on paper look very promising. Actually I've been thinking about buying one if I move to Japan (I think it's cheaper b/c there's only 5% tax on vehicles, whereas in Toronto it's 15% and Vancouver 16% :thumbsdown: ) But don't know if I can fit into it though.......

Labcoatguy said:
MadCow809 said:

rx-84.jpg

Well, sir, the RX-8 has the perfect instrument panel for you.

: ) now thats the kind of dash i wanna see :)

A dude from my old high school went for his driver's licence in car with a digital speedo. He failed his test because the observer saw him go 1km/h over the limit. :lol:

BlitzR said:
A dude from my old high school went for his driver's licence in car with a digital speedo. He failed his test because the observer saw him go 1km/h over the limit. :lol:
Really? When I took it, the instructers took points off if you refused to follow the general speed of the other cars, ie 5-10mph over.

Not just one instructer there, but all of them did that.

Yup, I got to drive the S2000 at a Japanese car extravaganza thing in June (when I got to show off my MR2!). That is one sweet car and I'd really love to have one. The MR2 revs high, and I adore it, so the rev happy S2000 is one sweet car to me. Plus, I love the idea of open top motoring (hence the T-bar on mine). Plus I've seen one with a hard top (probably custom) and it ruined the looks IMO - fugly. (whereas IMO the plain S2000 is a beautiful car)
As for only 4 gears - seriously? It's a sports car, you have to be prepared to do plenty of gear changing to be in the right gear! I wish my MR2 had 6 gears rather than 5!

And yeah, not that I worry too much about it (even though it's what we spend a lot of time looking at) but the RX-8 instrument panel is beautiful!

BlitzR said:

Here it's over the speed for more than 5 seconds is a fail, I doubt that just 1km/h would be the reason he failed it, could be perhaps one of the reasons. All though also if he was diliberately hovering on the speed limit the entire test that wasn't the best of idea's either :p

Yeah, the S2000 is probably the car im going for next. I get it for $50,000 from a guy in town. Keep in mind that this is Norway and cars are more expensive than almost everything. And this is BEFORE the new budget is launched in 2007, after they implement those ridicilously high CO2 taxes. Got around $35k now and working my butt off. Do you think I should buy a hardtop for it? This will be my primary vehicle even during the winter.

Do you think I should buy a hardtop for it? This will be my primary vehicle even during the winter.

Dice , I'm the happy owner of a 4 year old S2k with 122kms :D It's an 02MY , black with red interior. A/C and glass rear window were introduced that year. I use the car every day and in the 4 years it's never missed a beat. I didn't bother with the hard top as it's just too restrictive ie. when it's on you have to leave it on until you get back home. Don't know about how bad the winters are in Norway but personally I wouldn't get the hard top as the heater is excellent and when the roof is down there is no buffeting from the wind and the heater looks after the rest :p

You think they're expensive in Norway ? Well try E62k in Ireland with E540 road tax per year :( Still though , worth every penny :) It also has one of the lowest emission engines on the market so it passed our National Car Test here with flying colours :thumbsup:

i think i might trade in my Z for the S2000...
2007 edition have all the features the Z has...
like dynamic traction control, power steering, big wheels, etc etc...
i think it would be a great buy...
especially when they have the $299/month lease again ^_^

Eugene said:
Do you think I should buy a hardtop for it? This will be my primary vehicle even during the winter.

Dice , I'm the happy owner of a 4 year old S2k with 122kms :D It's an 02MY , black with red interior. A/C and glass rear window were introduced that year. I use the car every day and in the 4 years it's never missed a beat. I didn't bother with the hard top as it's just too restrictive ie. when it's on you have to leave it on until you get back home. Don't know about how bad the winters are in Norway but personally I wouldn't get the hard top as the heater is excellent and when the roof is down there is no buffeting from the wind and the heater looks after the rest :p

You think they're expensive in Norway ? Well try E62k in Ireland with E540 road tax per year :( Still though , worth every penny :) It also has one of the lowest emission engines on the market so it passed our National Car Test here with flying colours :thumbsup:
The winter is not so bad, i've got a garage for it for the over night snow storms. It's a 2003 model with a rear glass window so I don't have to struggle with the sight through a blurry plastic thing :p
How is the petrol consumption btw?

if u time attack mode ... s2000 gives like 5-10mpg...
if u normal driving around 25mpg
if u high way 55mph at 6 gear then maybe 30+