Our New Default Theme [Give Feedback Here!]

I was reading thru the this post and saw many people suggesting some color theme changes:

My opinion is to stick with the red and grey shades theme (2 tone).

But I do understand the difficulty to adjust to the red as I myself had come here to comment on it. The thing is probably we like this red/grey theme a lot but we were so used to the carbon fiber red bars that we were used to seeing a (mentally blurred out) darker shade of red if you get what I mean. That is that (if u look at the site homepage) you can see the bars (e.g. the bar NEWS) It has 'this' red as the brightest part of that image while it has specks of the darker carbon fiber. Now I have noticed u wanted to keep it Web2.0ish and I can fully understand that (I too can appreciate a simplistic design) but I think a good trade off would be to darken the red a bit to resemble an average of red and grey as we all got from the previous forum theme. Maybe u can make another theme (duplicate of this) with a darker shade of red so that ppl can choose themselves and there is more variety. I should have mentioned earlier its cos of the extra strain on the eyes from the red bars that leave the user feeling a little uncomfortable but maybe as I said we are just having trouble getting used to the new forum from the old one. I again reiterate that I like the new theme design in general.

Anyway this theme is really good and I am just offering suggestions. (I really disliked the vBullitin default theme)

Thank you! If I wanted to make a theme for this, how could I go about it. I know that you have to pay for vBullitin, so how would ya do it?

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I can't be arsed to go to 8 pages. Hope you don't mind.

As for the theme, I find the red too bright. If I recall properly, the last forum used to have a darker shade. And the white is too much for my eyes.

Thank you! If I wanted to make a theme for this, how could I go about it. I know that you have to pay for vBullitin, so how would ya do it?

I think theres no need for that, the admin just has to do a small edit (I think) to change one of the colours, etc..

Maybe search online for themes for vBullitin.

Forum logo converted to a GIF since IE is retarded and displays the colors in PNGs wrong (yes, the background colors matched -- Photoshop confirmed it).

Also coded a plugin to make local links (i.e. to other areas of the forum) open in the same window rather than a new one. :)

Oooooh, I gotcha. I thought that was some current CSS. :blink:

Anyway, I prefer how it looks now over a black body background. May I suggest the Stylish Firefox extension though? With it, you can reskin sites yourself via CSS and make it how you like. :)

Yeah, I've got it (and I have made some changes as such). Problem is, there's a lot of inline styles still that Stylish can't affect..

Finally! Thanks Viper.

Forum logo converted to a GIF since IE is retarded and displays the colors in PNGs wrong (yes, the background colors matched -- Photoshop confirmed it).

Yeah, I've got it (and I have made some changes as such). Problem is, there's a lot of inline styles still that Stylish can't affect..

Well tell me what you want moved to a class and I'll do it. :)

Well tell me what you want moved to a class and I'll do it. :)

Since you asked :)

http://img381.imageshack.**/img381/863/finalgear1wo4.th.png http://img480.imageshack.**/img480/9240/finalgear2af8.th.png

Last edited:
Those look nice, how can I get mine to look like that? Aside from getting the plug-in...

Wouldn't be hard for me to make a copy of the theme that uses a different stylesheet.

Reboot: I'll get to it in a bit. :)

I think theres no need for that, the admin just has to do a small edit (I think) to change one of the colours, etc..

Maybe search online for themes for vBullitin.

Yea, ... I could save the page with mozilla firefox and then edit the css and images files from there.

Yea, that's a long standing IE error. That was infact fixed in IE7. If your using Oprea, or Firefox you'll never notice it tho. (Damn you microsoft)

Since you asked :)

http://img381.imageshack.**/img381/863/finalgear1wo4.th.png http://img480.imageshack.**/img480/9240/finalgear2af8.th.png

I do hope you can take some constructive criticism. I think that still the white in there is just way to much. Perhaps a color style along the lines of my bitch website would fit it better. I find darker backgrounds with white, or just light, text easyer to read. That's infact why I program in a window that looks like this ...

[Image Comming Soon]

I think these icons are rather bland / ugly:

thread.gif
thread_dot.gif
thread_dot_hot.gif
thread_dot_hot_lock.gif
thread_dot_hot_lock_new.gif
thread_dot_hot_new.gif
thread_dot_lock.gif
thread_dot_lock_new.gif
thread_dot_new.gif
thread_hot.gif
thread_hot_lock.gif
thread_hot_lock_new.gif
thread_hot_new.gif
thread_lock.gif
thread_lock_new.gif
thread_moved.gif
thread_moved_new.gif
thread_new.gif

Someone make new ones! :eek:

What's with the green borders around some of the posts?

What's with the green borders around some of the posts?

That's just me working on the theme. I used green so I could plainly see what that value affected (it had been set at default blue from the original theme). It should be grey or something soon. :)

Something just doesn't add up here.
http://img56.imageshack.**/img56/3699/somethingdoesntadduphergg0.jpg

It's a checkbox poll. People can vote for multiple choices. ;)