2006 Holden VE Commodore

So what equals what over there?

We used the have the Lumina, which was a funny model that sat in between two actual models, but we have since gotten rid of that.

For the short wheel base we now have:

Omega = base model
Berlina = middle model
Calais = base luxury
Calais V = top end luxury
SV6 = V6 sports model
SS = base V8 sports model
SS V = top end sports model

Long wheel base:

Statesman = Basically a LWB Calais V
Caprice = LWB slightly better then Calais V

http://img151.imageshack.**/img151/1849/image527rb9.jpg

The black one looks like an Omega and the silver one is a LWB of some kind, I'm pretty sure it is a Statesman.

So what equals what over there?

We used the have the Lumina, which was a funny model that sat in between two actual models, but we have since gotten rid of that.

For the short wheel base we now have:

Omega = base model
Berlina = middle model
Calais = base luxury
Calais V = top end luxury
SV6 = V6 sports model
SS = base V8 sports model
SS V = top end sports model

Long wheel base:

Statesman = Basically a LWB Calais V
Caprice = LWB slightly better then Calais V
OK, here's the correlation to the best of my knowledge, based on how the VZ series was laid out according to this page on Holden's website:

Short wheelbase:

Omega = Lumina LS
Berlina = Lumina LTZ
Calais (V?) = Lumina Royale (The Royale was new for the VZ and had the same V8 as the SS, just with 10 fewer horses)
SV6 = Lumina S (but with just the 230hp/175kW engine for the VZs :(, I hope the VE will bring with it the better engine)
SS/SS-V = Lumina SS (we didn't have an equivalent to the SV8 before, so I think they're just going to continue using the SS model for the top-end sports version)

Long Wheel Base:

? = Caprice LS
Statesman = Caprice LTZ
Caprice = Caprice Royale
? = Caprice SS (yes, we have a sports version of the Caprice :p)

They also added the V6 as an option for the Caprice LS, starting with the VZ, not sure if you guys did the same down under. Also, before, the only car with a manual option was the Lumina Coupe SS (Monaro CV8 ), but thankfully the VEs can be ordered with a manual. :thumbsup:

^ funny how they've got the same names as older Chevy models (Caprice and Lumina)

isnt the commodore comeing to the US as the lumina SS ?