Essential 360 games

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
I'm thinking of getting an X-Box 360, what are the essential games I should get? I like racing games and first person shooters the most, but I have recently gotten into third person combat games. I don't like sports games very much.

OK. You need to get splinter cell DA, TDU, PGR3, Gears of War, Rockstar games presents table tennis (sounds stupid, but it's extremely fun and it's a budget title (relatively)) and of course Oblivion.

Na forget about TDU imo. PGR3, Gears (rainbow six in a week is a fantastic FPS). Splinter cell is good. But compared to Gears I just do not care for it anymore. Table Tennis is fun but gets boring after a while. Pinata is good too if you like games like that (no not kiddy games but games where you have to make them happy and attract animals). But right now Gears and PGR is a must buy.

Based on the news posts at Penny-Arcade, Gears of War is the best thing since sliced bread.

PGR3 for Racing (hands down). TDU is fun, and cheap if you want a more open racing experience.

As for the 1st / 3rd person shooter games, Gears of War is a must, it's just spectacular.

I personally enjoyed Condemned, and Call of Duty 2/3 are good standbys. Condemned and CoD2 should be really cheap this Christmas too, as a result of them being a year old. Condemned's story is great, and CoD2/3 are awesome WWII shooters. Splinter Cell DA is a good game, but I don't know that i'd call it an essential.

Rockstar Table Tennis is a very good game as well, but it can get frustrating, but it is shockingly easy to play. It's another game that i'd say pick up just to play it (rent it or something) and then buy it if you like it. I didn't think I would like it, but it's an awesome game.

Thanks for the input everyone. I actually have CoD2 for my PC, so I won't be getting that one.

Test Drive Unlimited...the game is awesome. You can do several types of missions, races, time trials, etc. What's cool is that you can just cruise around the island with a friend or any random person for that matter. Just remember this game isn't a simulation like Gran Turismo, it has a more arcadey feel to it.

Bah, I wish that game would come out for PC already...

Dead rising, Dead rising... Oh and.. Urrh.. Dead rising.

Im loving this game like i loved GTA and in the same way if you dont want to do missions you can just dick around.. It's probably the best game for just dicking about i have ever played.

I would also recommend Dead Rising. Even my girlfriend likes to play this game.

Honestly I would suggest getting the console and going down to the video store and hiring a couple of things to try out. There is nothing worse then following someone recommendation and spending your cash on a game that they love only to find out that it isn't your cup of tea.

I would also recommend Dead Rising. Even my girlfriend likes to play this game.

Honestly I would suggest getting the console and going down to the video store and hiring a couple of things to try out. There is nothing worse then following someone recommendation and spending your cash on a game that they love only to find out that it isn't your cup of tea.

Yeah I agree with the dead rising recommendation as well. I'd definitely say if you aren't sure you'll like the game, rent it. I have a few games I regret having purchased because they could have been much better rentals (not any of the games I listed of course).

Or do what I have just done.

Crack it open, flash the DVD drive firmware so it will play "backup" games and then they are just the cost of a DVD+R DL disk. :p

Id strongly recommend Ghost Recon: Advanced War-fighter, really good game and looks sweet as hell, one of my personal favorites. Test Drive is also good, but some aspects of the game suck ass, the cops for example once you get to 3 starts NEVER go away unless you pay a huge fine.

Test Drive is also good, but some aspects of the game suck ass, the cops for example once you get to 3 starts NEVER go away unless you pay a huge fine.

Hmm, a bit of smart driving and you can get away with 3 stars. They lose you and it'll be reduced until their all gone.

Been enjoying Call of Duty 3 lately, if you're into it this is a great game.

Or do what I have just done.

Crack it open, flash the DVD drive firmware so it will play "backup" games and then they are just the cost of a DVD+R DL disk. :p

I'm still working up the courage to flash my cell phone, I'm not going to open up my brand new 360.

I'm still working up the courage to flash my cell phone, I'm not going to open up my brand new 360.

I was exactly the same until a friend of mine, who has done like 10 of them, showed me how to do it. The hardest part is opening it, but once you know how to do that it is was easier and simplier then any PC I have ever built.

what do you guys think of FEAR. i played the PC demo and thought it was amazing. 360 version looks pretty good too

what do you guys think of FEAR. i played the PC demo and thought it was amazing. 360 version looks pretty good too

I'm not a huge fan of it. I haven't played the 360 version, but have played the PC and the expansion. The graphics are nice, if you can run them high enough, but I found the story boring and the same over and over. Go into an area, kill the soldiers, something spooky happens, go into another area etc...

Janus, you must not have an adrenal gland. I played FEAR in the middle of the night, alone in the dark, with great headphones (whispering coming from right behind you), and only a small red LED to light my keyboard.

Fucking creeped me out, man! I'm not one who usually gets scared but, damn that game gave me nightmares for a week!