Ultimate Factories: Ferrari

No Boss

Neener, neener, I banned your title!
Car(s)
'07 Volvo XC70 Polestar, '01 Miata SE
Im wondering if this should be in Entertainment or Gen Auto... but oh well, check it out:

Anyone with the National Geographic Channel might want to watch this tomorrow night.

***WORLD PREMIERE*** Ultimate Factories: "Ferrari" at 10P et/pt
NGC takes you inside Ferrari?s closely-guarded factory to see the production of its latest model. With unparalleled access and 3-D computer graphics, you?ll see how the Ferrari is created from start to finish?and take a test drive at 200 mph (322 kph).

More: Witness the birth of a Ferrari from molten metal inside one of the most advanced automobile factories on the planet. Ultimate Factories shows the creation of one of the world's most famous sports car - the incredible robots and spectacular processes brought to life by unique close-up lenses and three-dimensional computer graphics. Come along on the Ferrari's final road test at speeds of over two hundred miles an hour where failure could be catastrophic.

Info Site

Might have to kick back and watch that, seems pretty neat

Thanks for posting about this! Wow what a great show! That factory is huge! I didn't realize just how much work went into a Ferrari. It looked more like they were building custom cars than full production ones.

The worse part of the show was that the narrator kept calling it the "five ninety nine". That just sounded weird and got really annoying.

The highlight of the show was the clip about the American designed shock absorbers they use on the 599. :tease:

Just saw it for the second time...it was awesome, tho the showed an F430, a 612 AND a maserati while talkin about the five ninety nine. Theres SO much they didn't (couldn't?) tell you tho, but after watching it it seems to sort of justify the price tag w/ a little extra for profit and to keep the cars exclusive

yea i got the same impression, that the price isnt SO ridiculous if you consider the care they put into everything.

Also it gave me a real appreciation for hand built cars, i was always impressed by them but i wasnt aware of all that was involved. It makes you wonder how cars like TVR's, which are handbuilt, can be sold for relatively low prices. Sure they arent reliable in any sense of the word, but its still impressive

It seems like the machines are there to only do the superprecise stuff that normal human hands can't do

pm link too please :)

Any chance someone can upload it to one of the FTPs?