Carrera GT Crash - Driver buys another the next day

Looks like an ideal location to open up a CGT :roll:

But nice to see he did the right thing - must be nice to be rich.

As if any of you haters could do better with all your racing experience with your econoboxes. :lol:

besides, this type of thing is a fitting end to such a great sportscar, death in battle as it were, not a slow deterioration into retirement locked in some garage with nobody to enjoy.

Ever heard of a highway? and yeah, we already know owners can't take a corner, so they'd better to stick to straight lanes.

I can only imagine how much of a handful that thing would be, and given the opportunity, I would probably get into a bit of trouble driving a CGT on public roads. I took a Gallardo out at Rockingham a while ago, and it was nuts, even with the awd to keep you out of trouble.

NY based stand-up comic ? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeerry? (he's a car nut, and a porsche-fanatic)

Porsche - Product liability for selling an unsafe car. This falls into three levels of defect.
1. There was some mechanical problem with this particular car that made it handle badly.
2. There are design defects with the Carrera GT that make it a poor-handling car, mainly tail-happy.
3. Third: The Carrera GT is too difficult a car to handle at high speeds for the average driver without instruction.

Design defects...what? that its mid engined??? duuh?

"2. There are design defects with the Carrera GT that make it a poor-handling car, mainly tail-happy."
:D

i guess we will have stickers like on cigarettes soon...

"driving can kill you"
"running over other people might injure them"
"supercars can go very fast"
"drifting might lead to a slipped disk"

"2. There are design defects with the Carrera GT that make it a poor-handling car, mainly tail-happy."
Oh its such a terrible handling car. How dare Porsche make a car that is designed to go fast round a track. The designers should be shot for daring putting the engine in the middle.

Oh its such a terrible handling car. How dare Porsche make a car that is designed to go fast round a track. The designers should be shot for daring putting the engine in the middle.

X 2, Seriously

1. There was some mechanical problem with this particular car that made it handle badly.
2. There are design defects with the Carrera GT that make it a poor-handling car, mainly tail-happy.
3. Third: The Carrera GT is too difficult a car to handle at high speeds for the average driver without instruction.
Er...typical Porsche then, what did you expect? What's next, suing Coke for being too fizzy? Sure, it's tragic, but that was just another useless greedy lawsuit from a tragedy.

and yet another hate thread on the rich and famous. :rolleyes:

of course when someone crashes thier geo metro nobody cares, it's only because people are jealous that threads like this pop up.

It's not being jealous, it's that a Geo Metro crash would be on the forums 20X a day. People are simply more interested in things that do not happen often.

It's like rain in Los Angeles... you hear it on the weather report because thats common issue. But if it were to snow, now that would be international news simply because it is rare; not because people in Texas are jealous that it didn't snow there.

The kind of people listed in that article should be lined up against a wall and shot. Idiots all of them. If you think the car is difficult to drive DON'T BUY ONE! Why can't anyone take responsilbilty for their own abilities?

"3. Third: The Carrera GT is too difficult a car to handle at high speeds for the average driver without instruction."

THEN THEY SHOULD GET SOME! Its not Porsches fault is it? I wonder how many people have been killed in BMW's, Vipers as they are rear wheel drive and can be tail happy. As you can probably tell I'm a bit pissed off.

Last edited:
are you serious? with that damage, the Chassis would have crumpled slightly already (Even at the back from the impact), it would never be the same as a new Carrera GT anymore, its just like trying to bend a paperclip to be completely straight.

EDIT: Also look at how the wheel's aren't straight anymore and how the rear left wheel isn't in place anymore? It showed that the Chassis really crumpled.
yea you're right. You can see at the back the way the body looks like its getting lifted off the suspension. From the first picture it just looked like a "simple" head on collision.

of course when someone crashes thier geo metro nobody cares, it's only because people are jealous that threads like this pop up.

No, that's because a Geo Metro is a hand built rare supercar that has a lot of fans around the world, and is priced over 1 Million USD. I mean, nice comparison.

And trust me, if I were "jealous", I couldn't have driven a Ferrari by now.

Last edited:
you're all jealous haters face it, you have nothing to rave about but other people who crashed and call them stupid and dumb.. and whoever mentioned the cold tire thing, that he crashed because of cold tires, you are the stupidest man ever, and I bet all my life savings if you can tell a cold tire from a warm one when you drive. 90% of the people in this thread if not all, will probably crash a car like that if you sat in one, so stfu with this its very annoying. and yeah I don't have to open this thread and read it, but this forum has been a very good one with good mannered users, and its turning to another automotive garbage forum you see every where. filled with hate and arrogance towards anybody with a better car than yours, and with no life users that post and copy and search about other people who nobody cares about just to say oh what an idiot, he burned the clutch or crashed or don't park perfectly parallel to parking lines etc...

THEN THEY SHOULD GET SOME! Its not Porsches fault is it? I wonder how many people have been killed in BMW's, Vipers as they are rear wheel drive and can be tail happy. As you can probably tell I'm a bit pissed off.

well... Ferrari drivers get some training on how to drive it. Even my uncle who simply bought a GT Ferrari (456GTA) and in Automatic had to go to Italy to do some training back when he bought it in 1996. But I'm not too sure if they still do it.

you're all jealous haters face it, you have nothing to rave about but other people who crashed and call them stupid and dumb.. and whoever mentioned the cold tire thing, that he crashed because of cold tires, you are the stupidest man ever, and I bet all my life savings if you can tell a cold tire from a warm one when you drive. ...

Yeah, I am stupid for speaking with a mechanic in Porsche dealer, who told me he indeed spun a Carrera GT 2 times, just for revving it a little bit at a red light.

You're a joke. I bet half of you have not even heard of Ferrari Chat or Lambo Power, I am a member in both, and talk with owners regularly. Sure, I swear and call them names all the time, becuase I'm a hater. :rolleyes: Get a life.