New McLaren Mercedes-Benz Mid-Engined Car

I was thinking the exact same thing
I think worldcars actually photoshoped this picture...
ME_Four-Twelve_12.jpg

6061128.003.mini8L.jpg

Yeap. look at the windshield and the wing mirrors

It might be a bit draughty, but on the plus side it wont need air-con with an open aerodynamics concept like that.

the car itself looks to be quite small, maybe along the lines of Gallardo size. Im pretty curious about how Benz will manage to ruin this

They'll put a body on it, and then some interior bits, and try to sell it as a proper car. Benz should realize the goldmine they are sitting on if they were to just sell this car as it is now.

I gotta hand it to you - I'm can't just look at an engine and tell exactly what it is like that.

How can you tell it's AWD?

Like I said, I only suspect that it is AWD, but here's why:

82115-r.jpg

In this pic, you can see something that looks like a CV joint boot at the front hub.

82116-r.jpg

In this pic, you can see what appears to be a half-shaft with a CV joint boot as well.

Dude, thats not a merc. Thats the Experimental Handling Vehicle built by students of my university TU Munich.
http://www.ftm.mw.tum.de/english/study/ehv.htm

Well, after reviewing the link provided, I totally agree.

And it appears not to have AWD, and from the CAD images I've seen of that project, it has an Audi 4.2 V8 in it.

Makes WorldCarFans look pretty silly indeed.

major ownage all along the first page

OWNED

See, a lot of the times those spyshots are just total bullshit.
I don't even know how this become a featured story on trusted sites like WorldCarFans. :):)

P.S. I was the only guy who was suspicious about this story.

LOL! WCF got pwnttt, the shell of that car they makin looks alot like a gumpert apollo, and its using an audi engine also

That's because the gumbert apollo and this evolved from the same project early on.