Votes: 76 30.4%
  • Better than most of his DVD's except [insert DVD name]

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • Most of his other DVD's are better

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • Worst Clarkson DVD ever!

Votes: 42 16.8%

• Total voters
Also, anyone happen to know at 46.43 (start of the Jag XJ bit drive to LV) what song that is at all, if it indeed comes from a song, or its just a random score?
I'd like to know this as well. Anyone have an idea?

Edit: Okay, I have a feeling it'll be listed somewhere in extrememusic.com, which, after some exploring, is really quite a fantastic site... you may want to have a look. The music is free to listen to. Not to download (not without signing up, anyways... which may require payment, since it's supposed to be music that's used for production purposes), but there are... ways to get it out of your browser cache. I'll go through a lot of it to see if I find the track!

Edit 9,456,162:
Found it. Song title is "XCD113_12: Qu Te Pasa" found on the site. It's under X-Series, then Ambient. Enjoy! I can host the file some time, if you have difficulty.

Last edited:
Argh, that extrememusic site is really cool, but they don't have the Hybrid track from the Aston review that I've been looking for for so long!

Edit: For crying out loud, they found it in the Name That Song thread! Jubilation!

Last edited:
Argh, that extrememusic site is really cool, but they don't have the Hybrid track from the Aston review that I've been looking for for so long!

Edit: For crying out loud, they found it in the Name That Song thread! Jubilation!
There was also a VERY sought-after (and unreleased) track by Hybrid (Agent Smith was a name most people decided on, I think) which played while the Hamster drove a Pagani Zonda Roadster through the mountains during season 5, episode 4 of Top Gear.
Please tell me someone figured it out finally? What Hybrid song are you talking about?

edit: Okay. Never mind. After some more searching, someone kindly reported that the song was Hybrid - Ultimatum. Wow, can only hope for a studio full-length release one day. Two minutes doesn't do it justice.

Last edited:
another thing with the jokes is actually he films these things in close proximity to topgear features, often at the same time to kill 2 birds with one stone since some cars you can only get hold of once

so what might be the case is the joke he used was new, but because he then used it on TG and that went out on a sunday night and everyone laughed at it, when it turns up in the DVD months later everyone quickly dismisses it as recycling.

when infact the recycling was done on the show earlier

I can almost buy that, except Jeremy spent a few weeks in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and the desert in between, to film TGTBTU. While the vast majority of the Top Gear filming is done in the UK. Again to go specifically to the Z06 review, he reviewed it on the Top Gear track, and then gave virtually the same review, word for word, 10,000 miles away in Willow Springs, some indeterminate amount of time later.

Many of the other jokes he used are old stand-bys that have already been used in Top Gear more than once and several series ago.

I'd like to know this as well. Anyone have an idea?

Edit: Okay, I have a feeling it'll be listed somewhere in extrememusic.com, which, after some exploring, is really quite a fantastic site... you may want to have a look. The music is free to listen to. Not to download (not without signing up, anyways... which may require payment, since it's supposed to be music that's used for production purposes), but there are... ways to get it out of your browser cache. I'll go through a lot of it to see if I find the track!

Edit 9,456,162:
Found it. Song title is "XCD113_12: Qu Te Pasa" found on the site. It's under X-Series, then Ambient. Enjoy! I can host the file some time, if you have difficulty.

Any luck finding the songs from the races, such as the exige vs mustang, or viper vs M roadster? Thanks.

If you turn down the volume during the parts when Clarkson talks the vid magically gets better........

i only voted this video as the best clarkson video ever...

because some thoughtful post-processing has gone into the video

not as well made as Top Gear, obviously, but his previous videos had pretty poor video quality and editing. as half-assed as this video is in comparison to the top gear segments, it's miles better than anything of his other videos to date.

content wise. boring. willow springs is pretty damn short. i'd have fun there with my miata, but meh.

Any luck finding the songs from the races, such as the exige vs mustang, or viper vs M roadster? Thanks.
Heya,

I unfortunately don't have the movie anymore, since it was sort of a one-time viewing for me, so I won't know what songs to look for. But I can guarantee that you will find the tracks on the site somewhere. Just keep an ear out for the melody, and you *will* find it eventually.

It's a huge library and will take some time, but you'll get to it. It should be in X-Series, and you shouldn't have to look too long. I have a feeling it wouldn't be long from the top of either the Rock or Electronic genres.

You may also find it veerrrry strangely similar to some already released Hybrid songs, like Snyper and such. I honestly would like to know why the songs are literally identical. Either Hybrid designed songs and licensed some to ExtremeMusic, or... who knows. Good sounding stuff, though.

I can see where people would get all bent out of shape about this DVD. Yes he comes to America and bashes us on our own turf, and gives us wrong information about the cars he drives.

But come on, It Clarkson! Some of you are to thin skinned, how long has he been like this?

It's not like we don't set ourselves up. We (on the whole) are a fat, nasty, lazy, instant gratification nation! We dump our cars at the first glimpse of 50,000 miles for fear that they will completly fall apart. Then we insist on putting our wifes and daughters in big stupid $50,000 gas guzzlers, Good Lord knows they can't drive anyways so let's make it worse, call them and get them on the phone in a 4 ton vehicle! We are doomed!

It's a DVD, it's typical of Clarkson, It's quite funny, get over it!

I can see where people would get all bent out of shape about this DVD. Yes he comes to America and bashes us on our own turf, and gives us wrong information about the cars he drives.

But come on, It Clarkson! Some of you are to thin skinned, how long has he been like this?

It's not like we don't set ourselves up. We (on the whole) are a fat, nasty, lazy, instant gratification nation! We dump our cars at the first glimpse of 50,000 miles for fear that they will completly fall apart. Then we insist on putting our wifes and daughters in big stupid $50,000 gas guzzlers, Good Lord knows they can't drive anyways so let's make it worse, call them and get them on the phone in a 4 ton vehicle! We are doomed!

I salute you sir!
If only a lot more people would think like you...
Get over it people... It's a British dvd for british people... It wasn't ment to be for americans... Does someone (in USA)actually found a copy in a Blockbuster or similar? :rolleyes: Don't think so...
People just don't get it!

Then we insist on putting our wifes and daughters in big stupid $50,000 gas guzzlers, Good Lord knows they can't drive anyways so let's make it worse, call them and get them on the phone in a 4 ton vehicle! We are doomed!

I'm just waiting to see what any female members on the board might have to say towards this...:mrgreen:

tell that to Sabine and watch as she punches you in each eye then knees you in each nut :p

That's the point! It's typical Clarkson! It's the same tired jokes, the same annoying stereotypes, the same shit over and over again. The same shit we've already seen on Top Gear. It was funny the first couple of times, now it's played out! We're not thin-skinned, we're sick of recycled jokes every time JC pumps out a "new" DVD.

But hey, maybe you thought "Dude, Where's My Car?" was a comedic masterpiece too.

Why do I have the feeling that if the subject would have been French/German/Non American cars everybody here would call it the best JC DVD?

i think alot of us would still say the same thing. i'm sure a few here would change their minds, but when he bad mouths any nation i notice when i'm watching the program.

I guess it's just one of those things where i don't walk down the street and say "that guys whearing shorts and shoes!!! he's not a man!"

I'm not thin skinned, i have the most patients of anyone i know, but i can recognise when someone is being disrespectfull.

and it unfortunatly seems that i got sucked back into a thread that i had thought cooled off and was finally back on topic.

Why do I have the feeling that if the subject would have been French/German/Non American cars everybody here would call it the best JC DVD?

Because those yanks getting worked up is too thin skinned.

Really.

I find it funny because the same people that complain about how he laid into America are problaby the same people that laugh when he bags say the French.

I find it funny because the same people that complain about how he laid into America are problaby the same people that laugh when he bags say the French.
I do laugh when he tests French cars or makes jokes. But he doesn't donate an entire DVD to the cause.

On Meet the Neigbors he was fair and unbiased. Sure he doesn't like the French, but at least he mentioned that they have some great things in their country and great laws etc.

I just didn't like the video, because I thought it was inaccurate, not all that funny (the parts I would have thought were funny, I found funny when I saw then first time on a show called Top Gear) and the "comparisons" were just stupid...

The "anti-Americanism" isn't a part of it, at all.