Do you wear a seatbelt?

Do you wear a seatbelt?

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I know I do. I feel naked without it. :)

I do because I think it's silly not to considering what we know about seatbelts in crashes these days.

Also - our cars beep like crazy until you put it on :lol:

Of course. Don't think i've ever started the engine of my car without it. The only time my car moves with my seatbelt off is when i'm reversing into my garage (need to be able to move/look around)

People that refuse to, citing some sort of liberty bullshit are idiots.

Absolutely always, and I won't move the car if anyone in it is unbelted (though no one I know is that stupid).

Even if you don't care about your own safety in an accident, think of the other occupants in the car - an unbelted person can be thrown around the car in an accident, causing injury (or worse) to other belted occupants.

People that refuse to, citing some sort of liberty bullshit are idiots.

I refuse to drive people who don't want to wear a seatbelt, and i refuse to ride with someone who doesn't wear a seatbelt. If one can't care about his own safety, i have no trust in his ability to care for my safety.

Oh and I forgot to add - I even where it when I'm in third world countries and other countries where they're not super-strict with belts.

They joke around and laugh at me for wearing one and you feel like a dick for wearing it but deep down inside, you know it's best.

^ Why only when you're driving? Do you think that's the only time you're going to have an accident?

Last edited:
I do and I always will, I didnt used to in the rear seats, but as of yesterday, I will make sure I will in the future

It's instinctive. Sit down, put on my seatbelt, check the mirrors, start the engine. I don't need any stupid campaign by the government to do so. It's just common sense.

Misread first option so voted: Always because it's the law here
Should have voted: Always as I can't go without one

Good to know there are more like me. When I am driving I don't allow anyone to ride with me without wearing and if they refuse and say something about not needing it in the back seat I say: "I don't care if you die, but you can end up killing my girlfriend in the front seat", it always works. Wearing it is so "automatic" to me that I wear even when I'm gonna move the car from the garage to the driveway. I was like that about wearing the helmet: I wear it even to move the bike with the engine off because I can still fall down and bang my head in the ground. One thing that annoys me is when I'm in the backseat and I have to search for the damn thing under the seat.

Since a child I was taught to use it, including when you're on the back seat. There are loads of examples that proof it is worth using it like the one that happened a few days ago when 5 young people were coming back from a rave in a city near mine and the Corolla they were in hit the guard rail violently and flipped over. The only survivor was a girl on the backseat, just because of the seatbelt. I can't even imagine how hard is for the families... Another sad fact is: many people think that just because of the airbag, you're safe and we all know that's not like it...

Edit: this one is fantastic
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJfWSmMf_hA[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: