VW's R-Line Models

Alok

The TomTom did it.
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra 5F
We first reported that VW was going to release a new variant of cars dubbed ?R-line,? which would draw styling and interior cues from VW performance cars such as the R32. Well, VW has finally released images of the updated Touareg, Touran, Golf, and Passat models, and our first impressions are quite good. Interior options include aluminium dash inserts, sports steering wheels, and better seats. There are also exterior bodykit changes that will help your veedub stand out from the others.

touareg_r_line.jpg

More images here: http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/...allery/VW/odds/r_line/DB2006AU02084_large.jpg

They look quite nice, not sure if it would be worth the price hike.

VW needs to replace two things in their interiors: the steering wheels and that damn gearshift. I hate how the gear lever has to be like a big sledgehammer... so unattractive.

If they want people like me to buy into this, they need to offer more performance instead of ripped-off "visual cues" and tacky aluminum instrument clusters.

I think it'll end up only appealing to die hard VW enthusiasts....

The van seems pointless but then again they aren't the only people hotting up vans for no sound reason. The Toureg looks quite ugly with this bodykit on....

I dunno :dunno: R32 Golf is the only one I'd want :)

What happened to "unpimp ze auto"?
VW.png

I think they pimped it too much... the new GTI came out in Vancouver a few months ago and there's more of them currently on the streets than the Mk4 GTIs.

Touran looks bad, but the rest are almost attractive. now, (apart from Touareg) if they just wouldn't be diesels..

I think they pimped it too much... the new GTI came out in Vancouver a few months ago and there's more of them currently on the streets than the Mk4 GTIs.

That's because the MkV GTI is miles ahead in terms of everything of the MkIV.

Still... there's millions of them around. More GTIs than Golfs even.

I was talking about the Mk5 Golf and GTI obviously... unless you're talking about the original post?

Why didn't they keep the origional GTI name. R is too common imo.