Do you wear a seatbelt?

Do you wear a seatbelt?

• Total voters
Always wear one - I told the kids to wear them once but got a row, so I drove up the drive a bit and slammed the breaks on (not doing more that 4 MPH) they shot out of their seats and gently bumped against the front seats. To this day they all automatically belt up and if they quite haven't finished putting the belt in and I start to move the SHOUT at me to stop. The most trouble I get is from my Dad and Mother-in-Law, but I refuse to move until they put their belts on - weird that old people don't like to wear belts, probably all those years driving without one. Now I have never seen a racing driver without one, probably tells you something. Big up to Volvo by the way, for making the technology that they invented free to use for all car manufacturers.

Last edited:
Always wear one - I told the kids to wear them once but got a row, so I drove up the drive a bit and slammed the breaks on (not doing more that 4 MPH) they shot out of their seats and gently bumped against the front seats. To this day they all automatically belt up and if they quite haven't finished putting the belt in and I start to move the SHOUT at me to stop.
:lol: :thumbup:
If I ever have kids (i.e. I don't die on a motorcycle), I'm gonna do that to teach my kids. Pretty clever.

Always wear one - I told the kids to wear them once but got a row, so I drove up the drive a bit and slammed the breaks on (not doing more that 4 MPH) they shot out of their seats and gently bumped against the front seats. To this day they all automatically belt up and if they quite haven't finished putting the belt in and I start to move the SHOUT at me to stop.
That's brilliant! :lol:

I wear a seatbelt if I go more than 2 corners or so, for really short distances I don't bother. Anything longer than that and I put it on, there's no reason not to.

Now that's what I call practical education! :)

I wear a seatbelt if I go more than 2 corners or so, for really short distances I don't bother. Anything longer than that and I put it on, there's no reason not to.

Again, I just don't understand this logic - the length of your journey is completely irrelevant to whether you're going to have an accident. If there's no reason not to put on a belt on a longer journey, what's the reason for not putting one on for a short trip?

Again, I just don't understand this logic - the length of your journey is completely irrelevant to whether you're going to have an accident. If there's no reason not to put on a belt on a longer journey, what's the reason for not putting one on for a short trip?

Because I'm a REBEL! 8)
Besides, it cuts down my travel time by at least 6 seconds. If you add that up over a lifetime, I might gain an hour or so. Impressive, I know.

What will you use that hour for? :)

Reading a book about road safety? :)

Well just think of all the free time he'll have when he's in a hospital bed recovering from a crash! He'll be able to read all the books he wants then.

THat's safe. :lol:

Well just think of all the free time he'll have when he's in a hospital bed recovering from a crash! He'll be able to read all the books he wants then.

Do people actually still have accidents in their cars?

That wasn't a car, that was a rocket.

Listen, I never said I don't wear a seatbelt, of course I do, about 99.9% of the time. There isn't a good reason not to wear one, even for short distances, I just sometimes don't. If you want to be pedantic, that's fine, but I don't start sweating bullets when I drive a block or two without being strapped in.
I consider the world I live in to be safe enough to drive for the shortest distances without being crashed into by some lunatic. If I can't, not wearing a seatbelt is the least of my worries...

Yeah, I used to think seatbelts were a drag, till I ended up in the hospital for three months ;)

oh, of course not :roll:

Call me pedantic or whatever else you want, but this is the most stupid answer I ever read...

Call me pedantic or whatever else you want, but this is the most stupid answer I ever read...

Well, you mustn't have heard the term "joke" before. ;)