iPod Problems

Jacobfox

Car(s)
VW GTI 4-Door (MKVI)
iTunes refuses to recognize that I've hooked up my iPod, even though windows recognizes as a networked drive. I took it to the Apple store and they made it work fine, so I figured that it was a firmware problem. I reinstalled iTunes, which didn't help at all. Is there anything I can do so that I don't have to re-format windows?

Buy a decent music player?

lol whats wrong with ipods?

Battery life is the main problem. Everyone I know who has IPods has to charge them everyday and they someimes die part way through the day. My Sony can get easy 5 days use before I even need to think of charging it and I use it as much if not more than my mates.
Oh and I hate the touch jog dial thingy. I prefer something that you can "feel" moving, not just sliding my finger accros something.

Is this the first time you've hooked this iPod up? if so is it brand new? If its new then its faulty, I had the same problem with one of my old ones and I just sent it back to Apple who replaced it with a brand new one.

It also might be a software problem with the iPod itself, try connecting it up to another computer with the latest iTunes and see if it works then.

Battery life is the main problem. Everyone I know who has IPods has to charge them everyday and they someimes die part way through the day. My Sony can get easy 5 days use before I even need to think of charging it and I use it as much if not more than my mates.
Oh and I hate the touch jog dial thingy. I prefer something that you can "feel" moving, not just sliding my finger accros something.

I do not have this problem. I can go 3 days, while watching about 1 hour and 30 mins of movies every night. Just turn the backlight settings to as low as they go and you will be fine.

And have you tried updating itunes?

OK.
I tried all of that. I just finished reformatting. And this wasn't a flame apple thread. I'd gladly buy a different brand... if there was a WMP player that was better. And I don't mean a Zune or a Toshiba Gigabeat.

creative have some fairly decent stuff out their if you didn't want a zune or something.

Only reason I still use my iPod is for use in my car, it just lives in the glovebox connected to my headunit with alpine full speed.

creative have some fairly decent stuff out their if you didn't want a zune or something.

Only reason I still use my iPod is for use in my car, it just lives in the glovebox connected to my headunit with alpine full speed.

precisely, i havea VWCDPIC for my Golf, and the iPod is hooked up to power and the AUX-IN, and i have it there without worry of battery life.

for more anecdotal evidence though, my wife's grandmother has my old, original 5 GB iPod, i added a NewerTech battery for $15 and she sits through 4 hours of dialysis 3 days a week, and only has to charge her "Rat Pack Music Machine ?" once every two weeks...

lol whats wrong with ipods?

#1 it an apple
#2 it uses I-tunes
#3 it is hard to get your music off of it
#4 it is over priced
#5 it makes you look like a lemming
#6 the sound quality is not as good as cheaper non-apple units
#7 an 80Gb ipod can hold 20,000 songs at 95 cents a song. Whats more expensive the Ipod or the info on it.
#8 you can't easily transfer the songs to another brand of MP3 player

What version of itunes do you have? It didnt work with Itunes 7, but the problem was solved when I downgraded to 6.

#1 it an apple
#2 it uses I-tunes
#3 it is hard to get your music off of it
#4 it is over priced
#5 it makes you look like a lemming
#6 the sound quality is not as good as cheaper non-apple units
#7 an 80Gb ipod can hold 20,000 songs at 95 cents a song. Whats more expensive the Ipod or the info on it.
#8 you can't easily transfer the songs to another brand of MP3 player

all i can say is wow. :|

Why did this have to turn into a iPod flame/debate thread? The guy didn't ask for reasons why iPod's do or don't suck; He just asked for some help..... sheesh :roll:

BTW, here one way to deal with a problematic iPod:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=B8H29jU8Wrs[/youtube]

Yes, I was equally impressed :D