What's your favourite Battlefield game?

What's your favourite Battlefield game?

• Total voters

Goose+

My favourite game is Battlefield Vietnam. It has great air vehicles, guns and some good maps. It's one of the worst online I think, but for single player it is better than any other.

What is your favourite BF game?

Last edited:
Desert Combat, which of course it not on the list since it is based on 1942. BF2 was buggy as hell and I feel fleeced for buying it and Special Forces. I was not about to fall for that crap again with 2142 or any other EA game. BF2 was released so early it was practically an Alpha release and EA did NOTHING to fix the problems with it.

I think EA stands for Enron Arts. Screw 'em.

BF2 all the way. Play it almost daily. Don't know what you mean about "buggy as hell" and "EA did NOTHING to fix the problems"?? It Rarely crashes for me, and I play for several hours at a time. Also, there's been a boatload of patches, so EA has kept the game up to date.

BF1942, the original and the best

Everything was balanced so well and the maps were excellent without all just being symetrically copies of each other.

BF2 all the way. Play it almost daily. Don't know what you mean about "buggy as hell" and "EA did NOTHING to fix the problems"?? It Rarely crashes for me, and I play for several hours at a time. Also, there's been a boatload of patches, so EA has kept the game up to date.

Their patches were a band-aid on a massive hemorrhage. That whole game was released far too soon, they should have sorted it out before they released it. Seriously, it was the worst $50 I ever spent.

For me, it doesn't get any better than doing barrel rolls in a B-17 and having everyone jump out because they think I'm crashing. :D

i miss the insanity of a 1942, but i think the better source engine of BF2 more than makes up for it

im not buying 2142 because im worried it will be like vietnam, in that ill rather have just downloaded a mod instead of spent money etc

i hope if/when they make a new BF they get back to the insanity that was 1942, i miss the big planes, big boats, and tailhappy jeeps, i also miss the maps somewhat, but overall i think BF2 is better, its just not as scary playing it because theirs nothing thats ungodly huge to give you perspective like the B17s and Tiger tanks did in 1942

and as i said before, i really miss the tail-happy kugelwagon, o i loved that little bastard!

Blind i didn't buy the game when it came out because i know EA, and EA sets deadlines and follows them the best they can, even if theirs bugs, if you realize this than you'll also realize your being a bit of a troll, the more you whine the more i think of just putting you on ignore, ive heard all the complaints before and its getting annoying

Their patches were a band-aid on a massive hemorrhage. That whole game was released far too soon, they should have sorted it out before they released it. Seriously, it was the worst $50 I ever spent.

Wow, I completely disagree, and so does the rest of my clan, and the thousands of others who love this game and play it frequently.

What specific "bugs" are you referring to? As I said, the game runs great on my PC, and the crashes are few and far between. I've played alot of other FPS games, and few compare to the gameplay BF2 offers.

Last edited:
Wow, I completely disagree, and so does the rest of my clan, and the thousands of others who love this game and play it frequently.

What specific "bugs" are you referring to? As I said, the game runs great on my PC, and the crashes are few and far between. I've played alot of other FPS games, and few compare to the gameplay BF2 offers.

Where to begin?

One out of every two times I try to start the game it locks the system. Hard re-boot required
One out of four times I try to start loading a match it locks the system. Hard re-boot required.
One out of three times it crashes once it loads the map. Game re-start required.
Load times are incredibly slow, even with my gaming rig that, at the time, was running two sticks of 1 GB RAM in dual channel and a stick of 512 and a top-end NVidia graphics card.
Constant lag and stuttering problems - and not just me.
Allied team members display as enemies

I stopped playing it after just a few weeks. I tried again after they supposedly patched some of the early problems, but most of them persisted. I'm not about to re-install it just so I can remember everything I hated about it, but I do remember that I did hate almost everything about the game. I hated that new players had a lead weight around their necks because they didn't have the best weapons in the game, at least in Desert Combat the playing field was level. You were getting beat by a better player, not a better gun.

And finally, I got tired of hackers and people who would dive under a vehicle so they could punish the TK and get you kicked from your own server.

Sorry, but the Battlefield series started and ended with 1942 for me, everything since has been EA milking the name for all it's worth. Now with 2142 they use up your bandwidth to load advertisements and then send data back to the server about how long you look at each ad. Sorry, but fuck that. If I am paying for a game I'm sure-as-shit not going to tolerate my purchase being used as yet another way to get ads into my house. If you want to give the game away and pay for it through ads, that is fine with me, but you can't have it both ways.

I'm going to go breathe into a paper bag and take a blood pressure pill while thinking about all the bad things I would like to do to Enron Arts. I should watch the Saw movies for ideas.

Now with 2142 they use up your bandwidth to load advertisements and then send data back to the server about how long you look at each ad. Sorry, but fuck that. If I am paying for a game I'm sure-as-shit not going to tolerate my purchase being used as yet another way to get ads into my house. If you want to give the game away and pay for it through ads, that is fine with me, but you can't have it both ways.
That's the thing I hate most about EA. When I was in college my roomate was playing one of the Madden games. The announcer came on and said, "Let's have a look at the Old Spice instant replay." I wasn't really paying attention and I actually thought he was just watching a game on tv. When I finally realized it was in the game I just burst out laughing. He asks me whats so funny. I tell him that EA got tons of money for putting that in the game, and he still had to pay 50 bucks for it. He just said, "It's realistic. I don't care."

That's the problem. People just don't care. They keep on buying and let it happen. That Need For Speed game with the little Cingular logo in the corner that never goes away is just disgusting. :puke:

My best memories are from making noobs cry in Desert Combat. We were literally one of the best BF clans in the US at the time and it was awesome.

Yeah, I used to be in a DC clan, but they turned into a bunch of whiny political crybabies so I left.

:lmao:

<-- )-SiN-(

Where to begin?

One out of every two times I try to start the game it locks the system. Hard re-boot required
One out of four times I try to start loading a match it locks the system. Hard re-boot required.
One out of three times it crashes once it loads the map. Game re-start required.
Load times are incredibly slow, even with my gaming rig that, at the time, was running two sticks of 1 GB RAM in dual channel and a stick of 512 and a top-end NVidia graphics card.
Constant lag and stuttering problems - and not just me.
Allied team members display as enemies

Man, all I can say is it had to be your PC or something because like I said, I can play for hours on end with no crashes whatsover and the maps load in just over minute. You can't blame EA for everything ;)

CS:S>DOD:S
I disagree.

DoD > Getting killed by a machine gun the enemy can buy when you can only buy a pistol then having to wait 5 minutes til the next round.

CS sucks ass.

CS sucks ass.

Yeah. As for the Battlefields I rate them as follows by my personal experience:

1. Battlefield 2
2. Battlefield 1942
3. Battlefield 2142
4. Battlefield Vietnam