Sports coup?s: Jaguar XKR, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche 911S or BMW M6?

Sports coup?s: Jaguar XKR, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche 911S or BMW M6?

• Total voters
In the previous thread, my vote went for the 911 because it was better and prettier car.

However, now that Jermemy has tested the new Jag, i know that it is apparently better at powersliding!!

Also, I prefer the sound of a supercharged V8 to an H6.

So my vote goes for the XKR. It's settled.

I LIKE!

The AMV8. The reason is simple. While I was coming home from Sainsburys earlier today, an AMV8 passed by. After coming down, the driver pushed the throttle hard and the most incredible sound came out. Beside that reason, 911s are everywhere and the BMW M6 is very ugly. The XKR is a different matter though. JC explained its potentials very good today. I would probably go for it, but that absolutely astonishing sound earlier today is irresistible.

It would have to be the Aston for me. Growly V8, the sensation of "fast", manual gearbox, and unarguably the most beautiful.

I would have picked the Jag first if it had a proper manual -- a supercharged V8 sounds fantastic. But, the Jag is third for me because the 911 will give me the option of a manual. The M6 is last because it's an automatic and it's incredibly ugly.

The XKR and the M6 are NOT sports coupes. They are sporty GTs. And by definition, they are disqualified. And even if they are taken into account, neither one can hold a candle to the 911 and the Aston in terms of styling, performance, passion, and fun. The M6 is a fat, ugly whale with a nerdy shifting and souless heart; the XKR is a slightly less fat, ugly whale that would make Sir Lyons cry. In case you guys haven't realized, Jaguar died a long, long time ago.

So it's basically the 911S versus the V8 Vantage. Tough. Most likely the Aston, simply because it has better looks and better exhaust notes.

Last edited:
I'd have the Jag. It's not a hardcore racer, but it's a lot cheaper than the Aston, and the question was what I'd spend my money on. I'd have the XKR for fun and a Caterham or something for the track, for the price of the Aston.

Come on people. 911 all the way.

The Aston Martin. Better looks than any of the others and it sounds like a Spitfire (Hurricane, P-51 Mustang).

I was fretting about this while watching today's ep...

Jag is better looking, imo, and that's a huge plus. But the Aston isn't exactly a Ssangyong either, and has a manual, and is "a royal flush to the Jaguar's two pair". Either way, I'm not going to get much sleep tonight. I need a new hobby.

I'd have the Jag. It's not a hardcore racer, but it's a lot cheaper than the Aston, and the question was what I'd spend my money on.
I'm with you on this. My money - I'd go for the Jag. It has 95% of the looks of the Aston and all that performance for cheaper than the Aston.

//btw - this poll had me scratching my head for a while...Aston or Jag :think: Was a tough choice!!

Aston easily, the jag just doesn't look right to me....

porsche... yeah i'd take it but it doesn't seem as special

m6... yeah i'd take it but i wouldn't buy it myself.

I'm with you on this. My money - I'd go for the Jag. It has 95% of the looks of the Aston and all that performance for cheaper than the Aston.

//btw - this poll had me scratching my head for a while...Aston or Jag :think: Was a tough choice!!

Oh, this is about what we would actually buy? Well, none of the above for me. If I had the money for one of these cars I would retire a year earlier instead.

Oh, this is about what we would actually buy? Well, none of the above for me. If I had the money for one of these cars I would retire a year earlier instead.
Follow the rules of the thread - "if it were your money and you HAD to buy..". See that? "HAD to". That means gun to the head :p Pick one or be damned.

So far I'm the only one to pick the M6 its way more practical than the others, I find it better looking that the 911, yes it us uglier than the aston and jag but so is everything else in this world. My main reason was the 500 hp V10, given the choice I just cant turn down such an epic engine.

So far I'm the only one to pick the M6 its way more practical than the others, I find it better looking that the 911, yes it us uglier than the aston and jag but so is everything else in this world. My main reason was the 500 hp V10, given the choice I just cant turn down such an epic engine.

I don't think the M6 is an ugly car. Actually I think it looks kinda cool.
I would take that too. :p

Oh crap that was hard one to choose. I picked the Jag, don't know why, just prefer it to the Aston and it has something that pegs it above the Germans.

To be honest i'd get the Porsche 911S. It's just perfect in every way. Maybe not the prettiest but it will work great on the road & on a track.

I would get the Aston simply for the noise, looks and the 007 factor.

AMV8
To me the current range of Jag's look wrong, i loved the old XJ and the new one looks odd the same goes for the new XK.

The M6 is tempting but id have the convertable or the M5.