Great viewing figures

I wish they broadcast the entire show here in India. We get only half hour of Top Gear with all the studio bits missing. Celebrity lab is also axed. If they show the entier 1 hour show then the worldwide figure could go up by about 20 million. Though to be fair to the BBC, they have been showing Top gear in India since 1992. Episodes are delayed by a week but I dont care.

compare those ratings to Australia. Average for most popular shows is anywhere from 1 million to 1.5 million. A high rated show tends to get over 1.5 million, and over 2 million is huge.

Depending on the night, a TV show that is in the top 10 can have ratings as low as 600 000.

And yes I do work for the Beeb but I'm here in a purely personal capacity.

Oh noes, another spy! :eek: *hides*

j/k :lol:

So out of curiosity, what do you do at the Beeb? Or would you rather not say? :)

seems like we're gonna have to check out all the 25 year old broadcast journalists over there now..(hope there aren't too many)

Have ratings ever been something you usually discuss?

Not really. I mean in all honesty, it doesn't matter too much, to me at least, as I'd watch either way. I only care to ensure that Top Gear continues to stay on the air and I'm pretty sure that's not likely to change. :p

Wow, UK has prime time soaps? Thats aweful... They are aweful enough in the afternoon here in the states.

I still think PBS should air Top Gear... They might get some decent ratings for a change.

could somebody elaborate on why jade goody should be executed? wiki was edited

WOW shes ugly!

edit: ooohh so basically its a ugly chubby girl getting angry at the nice pretty girl

Last edited:
IIRC, Big Brother was canceled finally here in America... Never had very good ratings compaired to the other reality shows (Survivor, Amazing Race, American Idol)

I'm surprised its that big in the UK... Such a crappy show.

Survivor in the UK suffered the same fate as Big Brother in the USA then. It died on its arse after the first series and didn't come back.

I think Big Brother gets the ratings in the UK (that it didn't get in the US) because in the UK it's bloody nasty - treats contestants like shit and is generally cruel.

Repeat Ratings

Repeat Ratings

Top Gear managed an average of 1.9 million and 8.4% share in it's repeat viewing, increasing to 2.3 million towards the end of the show (the crash).

It was on earlier at 7pm but still beat Channel 4 and five news programmes. It was also the third highest show on BBC TWO that night.

The two highest rated shows on all terrestrial channels were Coronation Street (10.1 million) and Emmerdale (8.5 million).

Man that sucks, I thought TG should own Coronation Street in the ratings. In retrospect though I bet TG raped every other show in terms of international ratings.

If only there was some way to know.

The only real way would be for the BBC to show Top Gear, in full, every week on one of it's general entertainment channels in every country.

They have BBC America and BBC Canada and are in the process of rolling out BBC Entertainment - they could be used to show Top Gear around the world.

The only real way would be for the BBC to show Top Gear, in full, every week on one of it's general entertainment channels in every country.

They have BBC America and BBC Canada and are in the process of rolling out BBC Entertainment - they could be used to show Top Gear around the world.

Yea I get BBC Entertainment here in Hong Kong. Too bad there are so many crappy old BBC shows on it.

Just totalled up the downloads count of all the torrents of 9x01 on mininova : 114,000+ downloads. :shock:

That's pretty huge, for just one website. Then you have to get the HTTP totals, the Torrentspy Totals, ISOhunt, fuck I even saw it on Edonkey.

I've heard people say that more people download Top Gear than Sopranos, and Sopranos are regarded as one of the most popular shows to download. :)