License plate collectors/exchange?

gtrietsc

Car(s)
'07 Ford F-150 FX4, '06 BMW M5
So, I have decided to start collecting license/number plates from other states in the USA and abroad. I was wondering if anyone else did this? And if you would want to trade a Texas plate for something?

Back home I have a fair collection of Utah number plates going back to the 1930s. Not trading though.

if you get UK plates, go for AR53 0LE ;) mine on LFS.

I would not mind getting more plates, especially from Europe, but I don't want to part with any of the classic plates I have. Not that I could anyway, they are stored at my parent's house in Utah - I didn't think the salt and humidity would be kind to them.

If I manage to acquire any new plates, I will be willing to trade for some European plates. I think I have two sets of Utah plates I would be willing to part with, but again, they are in Utah.

Here are the designs if you are interested:
centennial.gif

skiutah.jpg

Then this one was issued for the Olympics:
olympic.jpg

I'd like to just trade one of my Texas plates with someone overseas' single number plate. Looks like there is a fair bit of interesting plates on eBay...

I've got a little bit of a collection going for plates and road signs. Mostly the plates have either come off cars I've bought or had some other dealing with.

I do have a set of yellow plates from California from 1956 that I found while digging a hole in the back yard of a house I used to live in.

I've got a little bit of a collection going for plates and road signs. Mostly the plates have either come off cars I've bought or had some other dealing with.

I do have a set of yellow plates from California from 1956 that I found while digging a hole in the back yard of a house I used to live in.

Stolen state property: a must-have for frat houses and dorm rooms everywhere.

I don't really collect them, but I have found one or two one my travels. I have an old 70s Californian one, and a Swiss one from Zurich.

I also have a few on my car. ;)

Stolen state property: a must-have for frat houses and dorm rooms everywhere.

I had nothing to do with it. My brother "got" a few for me and others where being thrown away when they where redoing I-35 north of Ardmore, OK. I was in the right place at the right time for those.

I had nothing to do with it. My brother "got" a few for me and others where being thrown away when they where redoing I-35 north of Ardmore, OK. I was in the right place at the right time for those.

Uh-huh, sure sonny *reaches for handcuffs*

Yea, I have a Stop sign, a One Way sign, and a street sign for *ahem* University Ave.

But I didnt acquire them myself, I got them all second hand. I swear!

I guess "receiving stolen property" means something different in Texas. :p

Wow, CraigB, that looks pretty cool!

Hey Blind_Io - if you find something in the ocean, you get salvage rights under maritime law - so, uhm, thats what happened!

(Actually, its much less exciting. I think we got them at a yard sale about 20 years ago, maybe more.)

Thanks, man. I have this all screwed to the back of my garage door. Like I said most of the plates came off of my personal cars, some I've found in ditches on county roads and others I've gotten from family members.

The Blanton Reality sign was "borrowed" by a racer friend and given to me because that's my last name.