Top Gear theme music changed!

Top Geek

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 240SX
Has anyone else noticed that, in the last two episodes (09x03 and 09x04), they've reverted back to the "original" theme music? A while back, they updated the music to have some harmonizing guitar playing (Which I liked better, actually. It's more musically pleasing and more exciting).

I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed and what you think of it.

Another thought: does this have anything to do with depending on what channel it's broadcast on? I just looked back through various Top Gear episodes at random and it seems that they shuffle it all the time.

Never noticed.

:huh:

I have never noticed a change in the music.

Well, I noticed the music changed very early before. But not so recent, I'll go check it out again.

I only noticed it's been shorter since the new opening credits, nothing else.

Sorry, but I listened carefully to season 9s music, it's the same.

Colin, I love the avatar! Also, is the title in your sig a reference to "VYGER" from "Star Trek: The Movie?"

I'll have to pay closer attention to it, either in tomorrows repeat or on my 09x03 recording. But I'm with others, I haven't detected anything either.

My fave is the late 90's heavy'ish guitar one, I wish they'd go back to that.

Good hearing? Well, I'd say that am a bit musically attuned, but it's quite obvious. Listen to the intro in 09x02, then that of 09x03 (both VUK's rips). There's a big difference.

I just went through a few Top Gear episodes progressively and first one I've noticed the change is in 04x01. Listen to 03x09, then 04x01.

Last edited:
Colin, I love the avatar! Also, is the title in your sig a reference to "VYGER" from "Star Trek: The Movie?"

Thx a lot, actually I don't watch Star Trek so it's nothing to do with "Vyger". Because I was making some modifications to the Bugatti for a few times and named each of them by changing the "ron" in "Veyron". I lost the images, once I posted them onto the forum and was locked afterwards. :p

Not if 9x01 and 9x02 went back to the old for some reason...

The theme songs on my rips of 8x08, 9x01, 9x02, and 9x04 are all identical.

Note: I didn't check 9x03 because while download them all to watch, I only keep supercar episodes.

Last edited:
He's trying to say that 09x03 and 04 is back to the original, I just played it again but I can't hear any difference. That's weird, maybe because when Vuk's hardwares are spiking, I went to the other torrent links that Viper gave us (the 700MB ones).

He's trying to say that 09x03 and 04 is back to the original, I just played it again but I can't hear any difference. That's weird, maybe because when Vuk's hardwares are spiking, I went to the other torrent links that Viper gave us (the 700MB ones).

Exactly. From what I read he is saying up to 9x02 they were using the "new/after season 4 change music" and that for episodes 9x03 and 9x04 they reverted to the "old/before season 4 change music". But in the post with the MP3's he says 9x03 and 9x04 are using the "new after season 4 change music"

I dispute all of that after listening to 8x08, 9x01, 9x02, and 9x04. They are all identical, all using the "new/after season 4 change music".

For Blind Io again, I found my images, here are the links if you're bothered and dared to look at them...
http://img510.imageshack.**/img510/4542/4doorsaloonbugattiveyraxy2.jpg
http://img468.imageshack.**/img468/8208/bugattiveyrusconvertibldy3.jpg
:barf: