Random Thoughts....

I finally got to test the Disco in the snow today! :D I got it last year after all the snow was done and it's been broken for every snow this season. But finally my day arrived, and what a day! It kicks some serious booty in the heavy stuff. I was going through snow and slush 6 inches deep and it didn't even slow down. No matter what I tried, I could hardly get the back end to step out when turning and accelerating. It got even better when I locked the CDL. 8) Tires spinning and still going in a straight line with almost no steering input. ABS worked like a charm too, hardly any sliding at all. Nice!

Screw Advil! A whole bottle of Merlot does much better for alleviating back pain and headaches.

Yay, Wine!
(yes, Wine is now a proper noun to me)

On a side note, I realize that drinking a whole bottle of wine by one's self is usually a sign of problems. However, to my credit, I only had three glasses. Ok, they were large glasses.

Last edited:
Screw Advil! A whole bottle of Merlot does much better for alleviating back pain and headaches.

my experience, don't try white wine if you have a headache
the more you drink, the worse it gets

I finally got to test the Disco in the snow today! :D I got it last year after all the snow was done and it's been broken for every snow this season. But finally my day arrived, and what a day! It kicks some serious booty in the heavy stuff. I was going through snow and slush 6 inches deep and it didn't even slow down. No matter what I tried, I could hardly get the back end to step out when turning and accelerating. It got even better when I locked the CDL. 8) Tires spinning and still going in a straight line with almost no steering input. ABS worked like a charm too, hardly any sliding at all. Nice!

great to hear you got it going again :D did you find out what the problem was?

Landys are great in snow (or so i've heard and seen) especially with mud terrain tyres :)

great to hear you got it going again :D did you find out what the problem was?

Landys are great in snow (or so i've heard and seen) especially with mud terrain tyres :)
Turns out it was a bad crankshaft or camshaft position sensor (they didn't know for sure), the fuel pump about to go out, and a local shop that bullshitted me for the better part of 3 weeks.

"We're waiting on information from Land Rover." (Got the same response for about a week.)
"It'll be ready by Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. (Jan. 24th)
(A week later) "It'll be all done by Tuesday."
"We'll bring it in again on Monday." (All day that Monday, still sitting in exactly the same spot.)
"The wiring is a little damaged and a bolt broke off and one of our guys is at the doctor." (I'm surprised he managed to say that with a straight face.)

:rolleyes:

It's been a good shop to us up until now, but I'm never going back after all that. 38 days to replace 2 sensors and a fuel pump. 38!!! :censored: They swapped out an entire engine in my brother's car in a lot less time than it took to fix 2 things on mine. They didn't even give a $5 discount so I could go get it washed since it was covered in bird poo from sitting outside the shop for over a month because they never freaking worked on it. :mad: I want to see them go down and go down hard.

Im sure it comes up all the time but has anyone noticed the qualiy of posts here decline or at least fluctuate every one in a while? i sure oticed it in the year and a bit IVE been here

Im sure it comes up all the time but has anyone noticed the qualiy of posts here decline or at least fluctuate every one in a while? i sure oticed it in the year and a bit IVE been here

Yep, seen it happen twice. To me we are on the rebound right now.

Yep, seen it happen twice. To me we are on the rebound right now.

Seems to happen whenever we get a serious n00b on the forums. Then they learn (maybe) or they are kicked off. I'm talking about people like Carsightings, Piddington and CSL. However, CSL has become a good member of the community. Congrats, CSL, you've exceeded my expectations.

Seems to happen whenever we get a serious n00b on the forums. Then they learn (maybe) or they are kicked off. I'm talking about people like Carsightings, Piddington and CSL. However, CSL has become a good member of the community. Congrats, CSL, you've exceeded my expectations.

And to celebrate, Viper removed my title and gave me a name change.

On a side note: Hidden Hunter now hates me :cry:

Last edited:
CSL has become a good member of the community. Congrats, CSL, you've exceeded my expectations.

same here, i thought i'd love to hate him, but posts have improved :) like the new name too. no idea why HH hates you :?

i personally dont see how someone you talk to on an internet forum could inspire any form of emotional passion such as hate towards that person but whatever:think:

One post to go till 2000 posts. Can't be bothered making a Spam thread so I'll just post here.

Yay, Wine!
(yes, Wine is now a proper noun to me)

On a side note, I realize that drinking a whole bottle of wine by one's self is usually a sign of problems. However, to my credit, I only had three glasses. Ok, they were large glasses.

It's kind of easy, getting drunk on wine feels a lot better than beer/spirits.

Remember scud the conspiracy fella?

Everyone strap on your tinfoil hats!

For new people, here's the gist of a typical scud rant:
The Nazis were gods.
Jews are responsible for all evils in the world.
The Holocaust is a lie.
The evidence to support this can be found on these websites, which are totally neutral
(proceeds to state neo-nazi websites as examples, kkk.com, etc.)
Anyone who questions me is a communist and deserves to be ethnically cleansed.

To Lemans GTR, you should change your avatar and location to match your new name, that way hiddenhunter might leave you alone.

I'd suggest just changing it to just vegas or something.