Will Ferrari ever make a 4-door saloon?

xavier86

I think it would be quite nice to see a Ferrari attempt at a 4-door saloon. I think it would far outshine the Quattroporte. Has Ferrari ever publicly discussed this possibility?

Porsche has the Panamerica,
Aston has the Rapide.
I think it could be on the cards, even if its a rebadged Quattroporte.

The Panamera... very nice looking car

porsche-panamera-thumb.jpg

You see.. that is just BRILLIANT.. basically like a 911 with 4 doors.

I think 4 door saloons are the best looking cars, no doubt. And not only that but they are far more practical than a 2 door coupe where your guests have to crawl into the backseat with little legroom.

I think it would be quite nice to see a Ferrari attempt at a 4-door saloon. I think it would far outshine the Quattroporte. Has Ferrari ever publicly discussed this possibility?

They did. Ferrari built a couple of 456 GT Sedans for the Sultan of Brunei. I think Ferrari also made a couple wagon variants of the 456 for the Sultan as well. Since they were never put into series production, I guess they don't count.

Ferrari_456GT_sedan.jpg

car_pop04.jpg

Last edited:
http://img131.imageshack.**/img131/738/s18wt5.jpg

Pininfarina made that 456 sedan for the Sultan of Brunei I think. If it was essentially a 4-door 612 Scaglietti, I think it could be decent looking.

lol at last two posts ^^^

what strange information to be so abundent it would be posted at the same time :)

Ferrari have stated on a number of occasions that they will NOT make a four door sedan for the public, or SUV for that matter. They didn't want to dilute what Ferrari stood for. They reasoned that was what Maserati was for.

Ok yes a Ferrari SUV would ruin the Ferrari image, but a 4 door saloon, they could make something MAGNIFICENT, better than a Rolls even.

One can only hope Ferrari won't make a four-door - they don't need to financially, so why dilute the brand unnecessarily.

Yeah, but...isn't Maserati more seperated from Ferrari in the last year?

Clarkson said the Quattroporte has a problem with the gearbox. I'd like to see the next Quattroporte be virtually flawless, with a slightly better design, maybe more legroom in the back, like the rolls.

Hell instead maybe Rolls should make a sporty 4-door Ferrari-like car.

Well, they have replaced the gearbox with a normal automatic, if i remember correctly.

Oh, the horror, Ferrari making four door saloon, i have lose the will to live. :cry:

:censored: to xavier86 for even suggesting this horror.

:lock:

Last edited:
Oh, the horror, Ferrari making four door saloon, i have lose the will to live. :cry:

Ditto, I wouldn't be the same seeing a Ferrari 4 door in the IKEA parking lot. It would just ruin the company's image , Porsche might just get away with the Panamera but I doubt Ferrari would, there are enough cocks driving them anyways judging by the amount of crashed Enzo's we see.

Guys, what is the big seller these days? Mid-Size SUVs with spare tires on the back, with chrome wheels and efficiant diesel engines.

That's what they'll build.

*hides*

Either that or the Ferrari Prius.